I need your help

How do I become a chill sports bro, Sup Forums?

I want to be able to converse with friends about
sports and players, but as soon as I hear them say player names, joke about teams, or mention sports that I don't watch (like basketball) I go full autist. I know they watch a lot more games than me, but I just don't have the time to watch every game.
Would checking news 24/7 or lurking here more help me or am I permanently going to be ignorant about sports?

just watch that one good hour ESPN has

happy hour and around the horn

and know a bit about your local teams

Thanks, I'll try watching some now

Following the trends on twitter is a good way to keep up with the main stories. I see the White Sox are currently trending. Read a couple of tweets and now you know what's going on.

>I know they watch a lot more games than me

no they don't

you should watch every NFL game of your local team, and other than that watch random shit that's on

That's a good idea, thanks. I'll make a Twitter and follow updates, trends, ect.

pick the general of the sport you want to learn and read it every day. Youll learn some memey and sometimes wrong things, but youll learn players and teams fast

Okay thanks, I'll watch more local teams and
keep up with other top games and shit like that

Thanks, and good point there's a lot of memey stuff that I don't fully understand yet.
I know most about college
football, so I'm gonna try reading about that more.

Do you actually like sports/a sport/team?

If you just want to maintain a working knowledge, I suggest watching an hour a sports recap show per week, or so. That should keep you in the loop until you find something you're actually interested in, enough to follow, at least.

Lastly, don't focus only on the autists here on Sup Forums.

Thanks for the help. The shows should definitely
keep me in the loop with whatever I'm trying
to follow.
Also I like football the most, and baseball would
be a close second. As far as teams go, I'd rather not say for now

everyone likes different shit, if you can't relate to your friends because all they talk abou tis sports, get different friends, ffs.

Just shitpost and act like you know what you're talking about when you have absolutely no idea and you'll blend in perfectly with just about everyone. Just stay out of /hoc/, /arse/ and Finland threads and you'll be fine.

Try r/sports or whatever sport you like subreddit. 99% of people here are in their basement watching illegal streams and don't actually converse about sports to anyone else apart from people on a Tibetan Cow Tipping Forum.

If you need to learn the rules and teams of a sport, try playing a video game for it. NCAA Football, or NBA 2k, or whatever.

If you need to be up-to-date on players and who's good right now, I unironically suggest to just go to the Reddit for that league and just scroll through the headlines there to get a feel of what people are talking about.

Don't go in the Sup Forums generals, they are complete shit and full of memes that you won't get unless you already know everything

Your local teams will have their own websites.
You can check them for a lot of good information.

>as soon as I hear them say player names, joke about teams, or mention sports that I don't watch (like basketball) I go full autist.

Its the opposite for me. I go full autist and reveal my high level of knowledge in sports history.

around the horn sucks dick.

If you don't know what anyone is talking about don't say anything at all. Or just crack jokes and say every player sucks

That's terrible advice, he's clearly interested he just doesn't have the experience to be able to participate yet.

>everyone around me follows sport
>it's all shallowly and you can barely have even a minute long conversation about it

fuck everyone