Could this actually work in revolutionizing processing information as we know it?

Could this actually work in revolutionizing processing information as we know it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lR4tJr7sMPM
toonator.com/toon/ci6vth1wg95f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

this makes no sense

How does this not make sense? If one stream of photons stops hitting a signal the same time another stream hits a signal, then the signals will change instantaneously.

i don't get it

Regardless of the distance of the two lasers, as long as one stream ends and another stream begins, a signal can be sent FTL.

If this worked OP don't you think scientist would of figured this out? Not some autist on Sup Forums.

Better idea: The light on is 1, the light off is 0. Congratulations, now you know the secret behind fiber option communications.

If you could actually prove why this couldn't work instead of using a strawman arguement I wouldn't have even brought this up.

Assuming you believe in Photons, why are certain lights "more intense" than others? You know that the energy in the photon depends on only the wavelength (UV will wreck your shit, the radio goes right through you). If you believe in quantized particles of light then imagine a light bulb in pure empty space. The photons spray out in a sphere and travel away at the speed of light. Compare that to the Sun, which does the exact same thing. More intensity (photons per unit area) is the difference.
The experiment is self contradictory. Light cannot be both discrete particles and a continuous stream (wave) at the same time.....
Oh shit. OP discovered wave-particle duality.

>fiber option

I'm a fucking retard.

>Fiber optic

Lol this is not a quantum computer. As you can see its two individual lasers shooting two individual detectors at a specific time. These photons are not being used as quantum particles where its decision is based on its quantum positioning. The light here is just regular photons hitting a photon detector.

>baiting this fucking hard

Oh forgot to mention, I did my undergrad honors thesis in quantum computing. If you have any questions I can probably answer them.

Holy fucking autism

Is it not a single qubit quantum computer that OP has theoretically constructed? Does he not measure one of the two slits?
It's actually fundamentally correct, although very stupidly illustrated.

>Doesn't believe photons, moon landing or Holocaust existed

Neither did Einstein or Schrodinger...

You are retarded. There is nothing FTL in this idea.

Ok I guess I have to dumb this down for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=lR4tJr7sMPM

Boohoo, what do we have here, youtube scientists. Do you even understand what you watch?

90% of people use the quantized theory of protoms that as the common theory, and those that don't aren't flying off the handle with century old trains of thought.

You're not getting the point are you? Two lasers (one on and hitting a photon detector with a stream of light, and one off) are switched at the same time, and as soon as the stream of light ends (from the laser that was on) the second lasers stream would have already hit it's detector, changing signals instantly. Go look at the image again before acting like you debunked this.

The signal required to turn one laser off and one laser on is restricted by the movement of electrons. That signal is restricted by the speed of light and unless they have built in delays for the instant of time both lights are off, there will be a time when both lights are off.

That is true, but the idea here is to transmit a signal regardless of distance faster than light, which is what this diagram accomplishes.

It is also important that if you want to send information from point A to B you will still be restricted by the speed of light. I don't see any usefulness in OPs idea.

This is stupid as fuck already, but how would the lasers activate? That would require something that does not work at the speed of light dumbass. This couldn't work FTL.

Nope.

No, it doesn't.

The delay between the top photons turning off and #1 no longer receiving photons is the same whether or not there is a second laser that turns on to signal #0.

In other words, this system suffers from the same delay as a current fiber optic system, but is twice as expensive and offers no additional bandwidth

Nobody is getting the point. I feel like I have to waste my time making an animation for this because nobody understands how photons work.

What do you want to accomplish? Any real life example?

I laughed, my brain autocorrected it, then I saw your second post, and laughed again. Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one fucked into sounding retarded thanks to autocorrect.

> Thinking you're undergraduate thesis means anything.

Link to your Google Scholar page then, fuckface. $10 says your "thesis" is trivial dogshit.

A computer processor that sends binary signals with this method would be fantastic at making processings speeds way faster.

>"hey why don't I just verbal diarrhea some random shit I just read on the internet about light without making any sense and pretend it leads to a logical conclusion that answers OP's question"

Just use quantum entanglement to communicate FTL

Why not use single binary signal? There wouldn't be a difference.

Maybe THIS will help visualize things:
toonator.com/toon/ci6vth1wg95f
(A shitty animation I put together in 10 minutes)

A guy in my class in uni made his own network protocol using lasers, so you're late to the party.

Also, no need for two lasers/sensors.

Because the distance between the lasers and the signals can be increased to any length, as long as the two streams end/start at the same time, the signal will go through at the same time.

At Two lasers is required, since its two signals being controlled by whether one laser is on or off.

Just submitted this into the patent office, THANKS OP

have you noticed that no other device uses two separate signallers? They use time or wavelength etc.

It's no different with lasers, lern2protocol nubfag

It is not one signal being sent back and forth. It is one signal being sent in one direction to a receiving source, and the location of that signal changing positions and which source it is hitting instantly.

your point?

Watch the animation I posted earlier and how it relates to the image on my first post. The Photons from laser A hit sensor A. When Laser A is shut off and Laser B is turned on (At the same time, or with little delay as possible) then the Stream of light from Laser A and the stream of light from Laser B appear to have no gap in distance between them. When the stream of light from Laser A finishes hitting Sensor A, then Sensor B will be recieve Laser's B photons at the exact same time. If we were to increase the distance between laser A and Laser B, and Sensor A and Sensor B and repeated the experiment, the result would still be the same, Senor A and Sensor B change signals at the same time, instantly. Now are you starting to see the applications for this?

how do you intend to synch the lasers up?

Not sure yet. The circuit will probably be controlled by a central processor, I just wanted to illustrate the concept of using this for sending FTL signals.

Point is you can't, since what ever you use to signal one laser to stop and one to start will be delayed via speed of light limitations. Even synching the two before work would fail due to time dialation.

Quantum entanglement is the key

If you had a laser pointer that projected a visible beam of light onto the surface of the moon,that would be a bigger fucking deal than it moving "Faster than light." That shit would have to be so fucking intense, it could cut steel just by being pointed at it,

how exactly would this provide FTL signals

Quantum entanglement, Quantum Tunneling and Quantum positioning only gets you so far. Its possible to get FTL speeds with those concepts, but you have to realize how small the frequency for Quantum entanglement is to use it on a scale for anything more than a couple of Planck meters.

I mentioned this in a post above.

if you move the lasers apart how do you intend to link them up to change at the right time dumbfuck

There is no evidence anywhere in this thread that FTL anything is happening.

If you think there is, you're an idiot.

One could build a transistor die and use quantum entanglement to build a faster than light inter stellar network

this is dumb as fuck

how would you transfer actual information from one side to the other? like an actual byte of 0s and 1s?

No, please read the posts before I have to redirect you to the minutephysics video again...

>Inb4 Sup Forums figures out how to create an intergalactic hyperdrive

No information is being transmitted between A and B. All information is being broadcast by the source lasers. Just because B knows that A is no longer receiving signal does not mean ftl communication has taken place.

he's basically trying to say that if you had two switches, one on one off, and flipped them both at essentially the same time, such that a beam of light couldn't make it from one to the other before they both switched, then the switches swtiched "faster than light".

problem is that you can't actually move any information this way, he just thinks he can.

Fucking dumbass, did yourbrain just fart loud enough to type this shit here?

You're not sending information from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0. You're sending information from left to right. 1 and 0 both get the same message, exept with different signals. What happens at 1 has no effect at 0, a simple proof would be adding a few mirrors at 1 to slightly delay the signal, then the two signals would be out of synch proving 1 has no effect on 0

Except that instantaneous and FTL are two different things. Instantaneous is scientifically impossible, since you can just keep cutting time into smaller and smaller units, just like decimals, until you get to a point that something "instantaneous" is just an unbelievably small unit of time, that it technically isn't even instant anymore.

yeah but look at the difference in the space between the lasers its nothing

you cant calculate infinities dummy

Try it faggot

nigga where did I say instantaneously? just quickly enough that they switch before light can cross between them.

Woah, the retardness here. This is equivalent to knowing your work shuts the lights down at 9pm, setting your alarm to ring at 9pm, and deducing tbat your work turned off the lights because your alarm rings.

Info is not passed between the workplace and you, you are not sending info ftl