Why don't millennials like watching tv?

Why don't millennials like watching tv?

Because they understand that spending 1/4 of your time watching advertisements on a service you already pay for is something only a retard would do.

>watching the electric jew

What's to like?

You don't get to pick what you specifically want to watch, and you have to suffer with advertisements for 33% of the duration of the show, which is absurd.

how is moot doing these days.

I don't want to watch the same annoying ad 8 times in 30 minutes

Because the internet is TV on steroids

Unless you're 37+ years old then you're a millennial

TV programs are fine (the 10% worth watching of course) but it's commercials that make you feel like a cuckold. I'm not a kid, I don't see an advertisement and think it looks cool anymore.

>he claims to know the definition when no one can decide on the definition
You're retarded and need to stop pretending you aren't.

I'm 26 and youngest coworker is 40. They always bitch about how lazy the millennials are and it's like okay I'm working alongside you so go fuck yourself.

t. Millennial in denial

Who?

>no argument detected
>into the trash you go

we can watch it for free, with no commercials, online or via streaming services

Staying away from the internet because just as the lord almighty stays up in heaven, he to has grown to fear what he has created here on earth.

Why watch TV when you can watch a show without ads, at any time and without getting a whole load of garbage without it?
TV has to deal with the internet and honestly I can't see how.

is that sigourney weaver????

Ads, the fixed schedule and most of the programs on at a decent time at night are geared towards middle aged families it seems.

All the twenty somethings at my job watch shitty reality shows on TV, and stuff like Game of Thrones.

But they also have vaganias

>implying he left

This.
Traditional tv programming can't compete.

i'm a generation older than millenials, and I don't watch tv. why would I do that, when I can watch what i want to watch WHEN i want to watch it, and without commercials?

That, and unless you're under 20 as well

>its like, okay
Huehueheuehue

how does it feel knowing that a complete moron like trump won his nomination with zero fight/effort while bernie was defeated by several shriveled shrews?

I think it's sad that watching TV isn't nearly as social an activity as it used to be. Before all this streaming shit everyone watched the show at the same time, the time that it was on TV. If you missed it you tried to catch it in a rerun. And then everyone was always at the same part of the story, everyone talking about the show was equally up-to-date, you could get together at lunch and chat about what was going on and what your theories were. Nowadays whenever a new show comes out you don't know who's watched it yet, who's going to watch it later, everybody's at different stages in the show, there's people who've seen spoilers on the internet, there's people who think they've figured out what's going to happen based on the IMDB page, there's chatter about the twitter/tumblr backdrop to whatever show, this producer said that, this actor said this. It's just not comfy to converse about TV shows any more.

>everyone talking about the show was equally up-to-date, you could get together at lunch and chat about what was going on and what your theories were.
Not to be a dick, but what shows are you talking about that you had all these theories about? The rise of the kind of episodic television you're talking about only really took off AFTER dvd box sets and streaming became the norm. Like maybe X Files or Twin Peaks or something, but for the most part most television pre-2000 were single stand alone episodes that were written that way intentionally so you COULD miss an episode and still jump back in without being lost because there wasn't an easy way to catch up.

X-Files
L O S T
Beverley Hills 90210
Desperate Housewives

They're just the ones I particularly remember talking to my friends about.

I'll give you 90210 and X Files, but Lost and DH were after dvd box sets and streaming made the kind of binge watching and episode theory discussion you're talking about possible. It just wasn't largely a thing people did outside of the world of old ladies and soap operas before you had the option to go back and watch everything at your leisure.

Feels good.

>Lost and DH were after ... streaming

Are you high? They started in 2004, most people were still on dialup.

And nobody waited around for DVD box sets to come out as opposed to just watching the TV show.

>the people who coined the term itself say it's when you're 1981
>the majority of people that use it in studies and demographics coin it at 1980
>hurr nobody knows the definition

>Are you high?
>in 2004, most people were still on dialup
Nigga, are YOU? Who the fuck was still on dial up in 04?

>Nigga, are YOU? Who the fuck was still on dial up in 04?
A fair number of people.

Dial-up began declining around 2000, but held somewhat steady enough up until spring 2006, when it just fucking cratered.

> By 2004, broadband had grown and dial-up had declined so that the number of subscriptions were roughly equal at 130 million each

Literally half of the United States of America?

Tell me, what was the big TV streaming site in 2004?

You're yearning for an experience which happened only with a small number of shows - LOST, Breaking Bad, the first series of True Detective - where they reached massive popularity and everyone was watching them which meant everyone could discuss them as they went along. But It was only even made possible by the mass availability which is wiping it out. If anything, to be honest, it's a recent phenomenon, and television is becoming more of a community thing, as people binge watch shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime, which was once rare but now everyone watches whole series, usually the same series, compulsively.

>Tell me, what was the big TV streaming site in 2004?
Alluc was around back then. It had a totally different layout and it was mostly forum based. You must be a massive newfag to not know what the Internet was like in 2004.

>Alluc started out as a quest to collect all episodes hosted on popular video hosting websites and to categorize them in one place, thus Allfg.org (standing for: All Family Guy) was founded. Set up in September 2006

Well, damn. Maybe I'm just old and all those years run together for me at this point, but the way I watched Lost and the Sopranos and the Wire were either on dvd as with lost (I didn't start watching until season 3 and by then hulu existed) or with the latter two HBO on demand. I just marathoned it.

But yeah, now that I'm thinking about it there were a few shows experimenting with the format of episodic tv around or before the turn of the century. Oz, Arrested Development, The Larry Sanders show. I suppose people were watching tv that way, if only in fewer numbers. I guess you're right.

>2 years out
Wow, it's fucking nothing. The point stands that illegal streaming of shows existed as a phenomenon in 2004. I'm in the UK and I remember streaming LOST as it aired. People at my school were doing the same.

I hate commercials, if I do watch tv I mute the sound during commercials.

I also refuse to give Comcast anymore money than I have to. I have never had a good experience dealing with Comcast.

The only idea I like about cable is curated streams. My favorite channel is El Rey Network because Rodriguez picks good movies/shows.

When Blockbuster shut down it basically halted 'family film night Friday' forever. It used to be a great social occasion.

They refuse to stream because they're too old fashioned. I refuse to stream because it's too expensive and the selection is poor.

It's just shit. :-(

Sold his soul to the jews of the internet

>watching TV
>social activity

In my country it's common to have fewer commercial breaks but they're longer.
So instead of having 5 one minute breaks, you have 1 five minute break.
As a child I always thought it was meant to be like a toilet break or a break to get something to eat so you don't miss your show.
I wonder how Americans do that?

2 years is literally a third of LOST. It's the only good third, too.

In America we have three 2.5-3 minute commercial breaks usually showing between 3 and 5 commercials.

Is it safe to say that traditional television will LITERALLY die out once the boomer generation does?

These old fucks refusing to adjust to the times keep outdated shit like TV around

He works for Google, user.

They have to make money somehow. Same with internet ads. Quit being a little bitch and just deal with it. You adblock faggots are just as back as atheist fedora neckbeards.

OP here, I just made this thread as a shitpost, because it's a forced Sup Forums meme, but I think I'm technically a millennial and I can say personally although I don't have cable, I DO have regular conversations with friends where the topic of nostalgia for the time before instant gratification viewing was the norm.
Remember channel surfing? The simple joy of turning on the tv and just kinda seeing what happens? That really good feeling of flipping around not knowing what you wanted to watch and catching some movie you'd never heard of 20 minutes in and discovering you loved it? Or conversely finding shit you fucking hated and finding common ground with others about how stupid blahblahblah infomercial came on after snl was? It's my generation that grew up with it and watched it disappear in our lifetime as well, so I think it might hang on longer than you expect. Yes, I think it's most likely going to fade out, but it's probably going to die with millenials, rather than with Gen X'ers or Boomers.

>regular conversations with friends

Fuck the fuck off

What? The topic of missing channel surfing has seriously come up like 3 times in the past 3 months for me.