Come on Sup Forums, stop the memes, stop the jokes, lets face reality here

Come on Sup Forums, stop the memes, stop the jokes, lets face reality here.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=_shrCoqWh9k
youtu.be/eTLTXDHrgtw
youtu.be/sxDdEPED0h8
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This shouldn't even be a debate yet somehow people will still rate Lana higher than Grimes

both are shit though.

>this shit doesn't smell as bad as that shit

Both pale in comparison to Queen Carly

what the fuck is wrong with her face?

Come on Sup Forums, lets face REALiTi

ah yes, the epitome of waifu

?

Canadian girls look Canadian

She is such a babe with short hair.

Wanna know how I know you're not a Grimes fan, but just a troll looking for (you)s? You spelled realiti wrong.

Grimes

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 19
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

Carly??

This. Well spotted, user. The devil is in the details.

What is the argument here? You know a lot about Grimes? Ok

Now THIS is autism

The argument is that Grimes is an authentic artist with a great discography and an interesting backstory. Carly? Maybe an industry plant.

>beautiful look
kek

No. It's a mere copypasta. However, the autism is in you.

can anyone help me here?
the background track on this trailers sounds like what well-known song?
youtube.com/watch?v=_shrCoqWh9k
i know i know it, but i got one of those brain blocks going right now.

but grimes is so fucking ugly

No it is autism to have that saved and to care like that. Also concidering someone (most likely (you) must have originally written it, it's very autistic

underrated post

she's proud of it though

it sounds like a variation of adagio for strings

>authentic artist

you misspelled autistic user

I fell for the bait.
feelsbadman

Huh? I just copied it from rbt.asia. Stop being a triggered autist and let people post whatever they want. And hopefully stop vising threads about an artist you hate.

>stop visiting threads about a competition between two artists
FTFY

forgot to add: the second part sounds like coolio - gangsta's paradise.

>competition
It's a meme thread, friendo. You fell for the bait like a novice.

how is grimes so ugly? she should be normal looking but she's not. it just hurts to look at

I know it's bait, it doesn't change the fact that the user I'm responding to is retarded (or at least pretending to be retarded) for saying that you shouldn't post about an artist you hate in a thread about them when the thread isn't exclusively about the artist

>MERELY PRETENDING

>you shouldn't post about an artist you hate
Why would you do that? What do you gain by doing this?

it's like seeing a deformed dog that nobody wants, it's only sad because it hasn't been put down already

Let me lay it out for you, friendo, you seem like it needs to be explained to you. In a thread about saying that one artist is better than another artist, if you like the artist that is supposedly worse, then it makes sense that you would defend the artist that is being called worse and attack the artist that is being called better. Does that make sense?

cold

>In a thread about saying that one artist is better than another artist, if you like the artist that is supposedly worse, then it makes sense that you would defend the artist that is being called worse and attack the artist that is being called better.
That sounds autistic. This board is 18+, ffs. "Defending" artists is stupid and pointless. Does that make sense?

>defending artists on a music-related board is autistic
>his entire argument is just insulting my argument
god damn I fell for the bait again, didn't I?

Just ignore grimesfag and he will go away

Lana's better looking; Grimes makes better music (Lana's isn't bad, either, though).

>grimesfag
>expecting to be taken seriously

>implying I care if you take me seriously

why are they so selfish?

I'd pick Grimes every single time.

>implying you wouldn't care

I swear when I get back home, I'm going to shitpost about Grimes giving rimjobs until I get permabanned

what?

someone on here has. what do they matter to you?

I'd pick Lana every single time.

well done

>grimes
>makes
>better
>music
what is this

I'm Canadian and I Love grimes but Lana is the GOAT every time. LANA del rey is a living legend and anyone who says they don't like her is either a) full of shit or b) insecure as fuck

insecurity isn't actually a meme, this thread should tell you that it's very real

that gives people paranoid yet unsure feelings of hopelessness, making those comments for no fucking reason is an idea

*helplessness rather

>grimes
>makes
>better
>music
Actually true. Lana is too monotonous, retro and one trick pony.

you're a robot

>adagio
that's it!
the gansta's paradise ahhh ahh ah ah ahhhh ahhh ahhhhhhh

enlighten me please
how is this youtu.be/eTLTXDHrgtw
better than this youtu.be/sxDdEPED0h8

holy fucking shit dude

im going to hit grimes with a hammer

would she feel it?

it's much, much better and more memorable. if you prefer zzzzzzzzzzzzz songs, it's not my problem.

also one little detail: you picked one of grimes' most upbeat songs. for a fair comparison, consider one of her more emotional songs, like this one: youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54

where's your god now?

stop talking

>where's your god now?
probably in la i guess? working on her album idk, doing god's work
and yea, ty for showing me how incredible lana's work is compared to what other 'artists' put out

lana is at least attractive

let's face it: lana is kinda generic. she's pretty good, though.

>generic
what the

narcissist argument

go to bed grimes. you're a petty narcissist

everythings a joke to you

she's not a narcissist, she's a realist. you would be smug if you would be half as good as her.

oh

I'd rather listen to pop ballads that feels complete than Abstract pop music with simple repetitive lyrics.

Lana is better in my opinion. Sure grimes might have more "technical skill" or whatever but I don't find her music fun to listen to.

Lana just seems better all round to me personally but that's just the music I like more and the personality I can relate to more

>72971910

It's better in every way? It's not even really a contest. That Lana song is shit.

You can relate to some chick who's dad paid for her to sing boring whiny music?

so, it's just a subjective thing. to each his own.

good thing you've commented on it to make it all official

>some poor little boy who is shilled endlessly is better than the most popular female artist in the world

stop

Yes, lifestyle wise

I grew up in LA. Raised in and around money, I very much come from a silver spoon background but there's this lack of identity and sense of purpose that comes with kids in this culture, yea it's whiny and entitled but its a kind of depression you won't know unless you've been there. I just relate to songs about being High at the Beach and going to Coachella.

Grimes just feels too weird and other worldy for me, I'm very much into norm~y pleb~y music and to me while Belly of the Beat is good melody wise it just sounds like her mumbling lyrics. I don't like that I like to hear the lyrics, no matter how "cliche"

And while both artists try hard to "be diffrent" I find Lana's persona more relatable and genuine, then the "artsy fartsy" alien Grimes tries to create in her music. Grimes just reminds me of those girls in college who did DJ Sets and had to remind everyone how "quriky" they are. Though the same can be said for Lana but replace quirky with edgy. But I'd rather take faux deep over. XD random.

stop shilling and go do something else

you're really very good at caring about other things instead so why don't you go do just that

>>some poor little boy

its Sup Forums frog. hes back fellow kids

Why are you comparing LDR to a little boy with pink hair?

grimes may seem quirky but she's also very relatable. the proof is in the pudding: she has many loyal fans. she's an acquired taste; once you get it, you really get it.

one major thing that separates grimes from lana del rey is the fact she puts a lot of emphasis on melodies and production. anything in her tunes (even her voice) serve the real boss: the melody. lana can't even compare to grimes when it comes to that.

talking about musicians on a music board is not shilling, tinfoil hat wearer.

It's an authentic Grimes fan. It's totally legit fellow kids.

>user in charge of originality

fat ugly fuck

>constantly promoting a trap Israeli puppet is like totally not shilling