Why was he with CIA?

Why was he with CIA?

SMEEEE?

SMEEEEEE!

>Or perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man before making him walk the plank

Banning?

BANGARANG!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT SMEE?

>They work for the lost boy, the new Pan
>Roofio?

RUFIO
RUFIO
RUFIO

THIS IS IT DON'T TRY TO STOP ME SMEE!
DON'T TRY TO STOP ME THIS TIME SMEE! DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO STOP ME THIS TIME SMEE!
>smee, try to stop me
>smee, you better get up here off your ass! SMEE
THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I AM COMMITTING SUICIDE!

>Do you know what I wish?
>I wish...I hadn't been stabbed in the chest...

Oh not again!

fucking kills me every time
Like he's so bored of Hook getting into a mood by now

Seriously, what the hell was that about and why did anybody think it was a good idea to include in a children's movie?
I'd totally forgotten about that scene until they brought it up on some podcast and it just clicked like
>why DID they randomly have a scene where Captain Hook has a suicide attempt?
It's for no reason, and it's never brought up again in the movie.

It wasn't really a suicide attempt, that's the whole point, Hook is just throwing a tantrum.

Why was this movie so good?

Okay. They're still talking about suicide in a silly funny kid's movie. It just seems really bizarre and out of place.

that's just the Hook they were going for
a depressive whiny old man

This scene was pretty dark for a kids movie

MYYY JACK!

Because that's the way they made movies back then? So kids and adults could enjoy them. If it was made now well...

...my Jack!

Not really. Kid's movies these days are just pussified. Looney Tunes was just as "dark"

Oh shit, good point. I remember that Merry Melodies where Sylvester couldn't take it anymore and he tried to hang himself because he felt like a failure for never being able to catch Tweety. Granny had to talk him down, shit was fucking brutal.
I mean WERE they? I think I was 7 when Hook came out, so maybe I wasn't super aware, but for the life of me I can't think of any other examples where they included suicide attempts in children's movies.