Anyone want to talk about the first two Terminator movies with me?

Anyone want to talk about the first two Terminator movies with me?
>best scenes
>favorite quotes
>random thoughts
>etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VrDnRtrCPhM
youtube.com/watch?v=dt_8aDOJvtM
youtube.com/watch?v=-64FNAiPVOc
youtube.com/watch?v=94p_pLwV-uk
amazon.com/Terminator-Blu-ray-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B00AJER3SE/ref=tmm_mfc_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1470706023&sr=1-1
amazon.com/Terminator-2-Judgment-Day-Blu-ray/dp/B000EWBKKI/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1470705998&sr=1-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That looks great BESIDES the bullet holes.

T-1000 is the very definition of a movie villain. All we have now is generic baddies that leave no mark

is that Hot Toys?

DON'T MAKE ME BUST YOU UP MAAAAAN

>T-1000 pulls up
>close up of "to protect and serve" logo on cop car

B
A
S
E
D

I rewatched both of them recently, wanted to examine them through the eyes of an adult since I hadn't sat down and given them a proper viewing since I was in my teens. Came away really impressed, they have only gotten better with age (my age).

I have to say I like the Terminator 1 soundtrack more that the T2 soundtrack.

The T1 score has the 80s synth sound, but not in a cheesey way, its very ominous, great vibe.

Hi there.

I fooled you, you're talking to a machine. But don't be shy, machines have feelings too.

FORESHADOWING

Anybody else get to see T2: 3D Battle Across Time at Universal Studios?

That show was fuckin BASED. To this day it had the best 3D effects that I've ever seen.

Y'know I've never really thought about that before. Thanks user

Boss...

HEY!

Both are fantastic films but as I've gotten older I appreciate the original more and more. Just an insanely effective and efficient action film.

Sure, but why only the first two? There were more and there hasn't been a bad one yet. Also there was a great tv series starring Summer Glau. I guess you just want to talk about the first two though, which is fine I suppose, except what's left to say and the rest of the Termiverse is super interesting so I don't know why you refuse to talk about it. Did you know Summer Glau was a ballerina?

YOU GOT ME BURNIN
YOU GOT ME BURNIN
"HEY that guy didn't pay"

So we know it could disguise itself as the floor or wall so why didn't it just do that at the mall to sneak up on John or to infiltrate the mental hospital

Answer this.

Did the original Terminator or T-1000 have feelings/emotions as second T-100 did?

TEH OZZEE NEIN MILLIMEATAH

>crushes hand
HRRUUUUUHH...

Yeah Robert Patrick (that's him, right?) did a very nice job. Even managed to give off some horror movie vibes, especially at the end with the way he chases by walking casually. I noticed the same shit at the end of the first one too, when the metal skeleton 1v1's Sarah.

>Bad to the Bone starts playing.

Was that as eye-rollingly cringe in 1991 as it is today?

best scene

Because it took ages for it to morph in and out of the floor, making a sudden attack useless except to a dopey security guard who wasn't paying attention

I like how in T2 the bad guy looks like a good guy (T1000, dressed as a cop) and the good guy looks like a bad guy (T800 wearing biker outfit).

Fucking 2deep4me man, seriously.

>There's a waiting period for the handguns, but the rest you can take now
>Ya can't do dat

I love the Cyber Neo-Noir of the first film, something that's missing from the sequel. T2 is still really good

Several times, loved it as a kid. Do they still have it?

Fuck yeah T1 had a great soundtrack.

Best "Not quite dead yet" villain comeback ever?

I only saw the first one at a much older age, so I hold T2 as the absolute pinnacle. The first one's FX aged rather badly though the future scenes still look cool, it's also retarded how much of a bad shot Arnie is in the first and that he buys a lasersight gun and still misses. But ofc it was a great concept and sci-fi movie for its time. The second pushed all the right buttons for me, edgy kid, guns n roses, arnie, etc

And more importantly the T-1000 acts more like a good guy. Like being polite and almost cheerful to people he's trying to get info out of, while the T-800 is rough and blunt as hell, almost instantly resorting to violence if people don't do what he says.

FAHCK YU AHSS HOEL

Fuck yes I do!.

I saw this in theaters when I was a kid, felt amazing.

As for scenes there is one moment, I dont know why but when I think of T2 my brain jumps to that, here is the scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=VrDnRtrCPhM

At 2 mins when he grabs the dude's gun. Look at that shit, he was going to blow that motherfucker out of this world but stopped only for John. That right there was ice cold.

Its hard to really have a favorite scene with T2, its one of the very few movies that are perfect, in terms of casting, directing, score, pace, its just a fucking masterpiece.

Oh and one other thing, I dont know if some fans of the movies are retarder but his name is JOHN CONNOR, FUCKING CONNOR, NOT CONNER. I swear when I see one of you turds comment on youtube I get fucking triggered so hard so please fucking stop!

Sweet thread OP.

His robotic demeanor also lends credibility to his cop disguise.
Nobody would think "man this cop is talking really weird like a robot or something" because cops do that normally.

In 1991 I'm pretty sure it was genuinely bad-ass. Now it's genuinely awkward. I wonder how that happened...

Rise of the Machines is dumb fun but I hate Salvation and Genisys.

I love TSCC, almost as much the first two films in fact. When it got cancelled I raged like a motherfucker

But it could project spikes fairly quickly no matter what it was morphed into
Also why didn't it cut the elevator cable while they were riding it down to the parking garage, John was a kid and more fragile so the fall could have killed him or at the very least injured them all enough to slow them down

The original Terminator, no. He's pretty much just a straight machine carrying out his mission.

The T-1000, I would say yes. He can obviously fake human emotions well, like how he interacts pleasantly with John's foster mother and the girls on the street. But there's a few points were he displays some actual emotions, even if they're brief.
Like for just a split second he looks distinctly annoyed by John's foster father. He wasn't giving away the T-1000's disguise or anything, he was just being really loud and distracting, so the T-1000 kills him.

And obviously at the end the T-1000 looks legitimately shocked in an "Oh shit!" way when he gets hit by the grenade.

Bro forget about the meme fans of that song, give a look to THIS shit live, if this doesnt rock your fucking balls im gonna ask you to kindly leave the thread before you are.......terminated.

youtube.com/watch?v=dt_8aDOJvtM

Yes, exactly, he just comes across as an uptight cop.

>The GAH-lerria?

I prefer 'I Drink Alone'

Check this out motherfuckers! Will sure make your day instantly better.

youtube.com/watch?v=-64FNAiPVOc

Fun fact about that scene: the security saw his own doppleganger right before he died, which is consistent with actual mythology surrounding dopplegangers which holds that seeing one's own is an omen of death.

Most terrifying part in the whole movie, for sure.

My nigger, i havent listened to a lot of his songs but thats one I instantly liked, oh and actually drinking alone to that song makes you feel pretty fucking badass.

Where did the T-1000 learn to cook?

HIIIIII YA

Kek

Wrong.

Yeah it was a lot more dramatic seeing the original terminator unleash its final form, something that was more or less missing from the second one (T1000 didn't really have a final form per se though so how could they?). They did do something similar earlier in the movie though: that scene where he emerges from the flames of the ruined truck with which he pursued John on his motorbike. It's basically the equivalent of the scene from pic related, right?

>actually drinking alone to that song makes you feel pretty fucking badass
Definitely, bonus points if you're drinking Johnnie Walker

YOUUUUUU COOOOOULD BE MIIINNEEEE

John was a dick to those two guys. What an asshole.

My question is this: when T1000 arrives at John's foster home, the foster parents say some biker dude showed up looking for John earlier that day. T1000 only knew John's address because John had a criminal record that he was able to look up using the police car. T800 had no police car, and John's name wouldn't have been in the phonebook because he's both a minor and a foster child. So how did T800 know to go looking for John at his house?

>not one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer

>And obviously at the end the T-1000 looks legitimately shocked in an "Oh shit!" way when he gets hit by the grenade.
This. And also when his body was freezing and crumbling, he stops and turns to look at his hand like, "WTF."

>adding human emotions to inhuman, essentially inanimate objects -- robots
...Does this mean the Terminator movies featured anthropomorphic robots?

Who's scarier, T-800 in Terminator, or T-1000?

John told him before he sent him.

John was the person who sent him back.
In the first movie Reese didn't know shit about Sarah besides to look in L.A. This time around the Resistance could inform the protector better, to give it something of a headstart.

Remember that a Terminator isnt some metal brute, it is also a futuristic walking computer than can calculate various facts at a speed we dont even understand so its fair to assume that he extrapolated some data, like where John lived around that time, motorcycle tracks leading from one garage to the mall on a consistent basis, and tons of other tiny facts.

I think the Robocop remake scene were he recreates the crime scene was pretty good and close to what a Terminator would have in his CPU.

When I'm listening to John Lee Hooker, sure. Love him, my favorite Bluesman by far

I think visually T-800 was scarier, with the red eye peering through the sunglasses.

8 year old me? T-1000 hands fucking down.

Me at all ages? T-800 in Terminator.

>mfw we have the tech to make a T2 video game.

>Complete recreation of LA

>Amazing soundtrack

>GRAPHICS

Fuck why wont they make a good Terminator game, FUUUUUUUUUUUCKK. And no the ps2 one doesnt count.

T-800 for sure, although the T-1000 makes more sense. You wouldn't want to send a terminator that looks scary and intimidating, the more normal in appearance the better.

T-1000.

In at one point in T1, T-800 apparently thought, "oh shit, the cops," and ran away, leaving Sarah with Kyle and the police.

They didn't show him doing this but just picturing it in my mind is so funny that I can no longer take him seriously.

So yeah, T-1000.

I picture him calmly jogging away to a safe distance. It's the smart movie, no point a confrontation with the police unless absolutely necessary. Which is what happens, and catching them off-guard at the station where they feel safe, also smart

>you will never shoot a scene this aesthetic
Why even film, bros?

Obviously T-800 is more directly scary, being so brutish and huge, but the T-1000 is creepier in a lot of ways.

also his eye is damaged so he needs to fix his disguise

Best girl

T-1000 is definitely a lot more dangerous than the T-800. And in the movie T-800 knows this. That's why aside from their first encounter at the mall he always prefers to flee and avoid the T-1000, and fight it at range if he has to at all. The difference between the two is actually akin to the difference between Kyle and the T-800 in T1, too.

In a fair fight at close quarters, a T-1000 will DESTROY a T-800, thanks to its ability to transform. It could form a spear with its arm and pierce the T-800's inner circuitry at any time, which is precisely what happens when they do face off at the factory.

I thought Terminator was shit.
Terminator 2 is one of my top films, and I will admit to crying at the end

Best pre-killing one liner?

If you didn't shed a tear at the final foundry scene you're probably dead inside desu

Also, Linda Hamilton and her sister was perfect in T2.
>dem legit muscles
>dem aviators
unf

Call to John.

Terminator 2 was GOAT desu senapitachi

I like the end and it was really great for what it was, but I also think it would have been pretty amazing if it had just ended with that super dramatic scene with Sarah pumping tons of lead into T-1000. Like if they hadn't gone the whole, "she runs out of bullets at the last minute" route, and just kept going with the original route until the knockback eventually pushed the bad guy over the edge.

I'll admit that'd probably have been a worse ending overall but I dunno -- I could see it happening and it wouldn't be too bad if it did.

best T2 scene was when unstoppable killing machine T1000 was cooking dinner for Todd

where did he learn to cook?

Skynet Culinary School.

He has detailed files.

JIM CAM THE KING!

CINEMA SAVED!

Everything he's done outside of the Terminator franchise is shit

This is clearly and factually incorrect.

Because it wouldn't make for an interesting film

Because if they didn't die and managed to not get injured then he would've assisted their escape.

Terminator's don't deal in "maybe this will kill them" they do direct kills and make sure their target is dead.

I SHALL RETURN

I never cared for Sarah as a kid, but on watching as an adult I think she's great. In particular I was blown away by what a badass she is during the elevator scene -- the way she automatically grabs the pistol from the Terminator's side and just flies into action. Such character development. Her character really comes a long way from the normalfag waitress she used to be.

>You're terminated, fucker!

Yes, that is Robert Patrick. He really did such a good job being so robotic that it felt very strange seeing him in the Sopranos recently, and I wasn't even sure it was him until I looked it up.

Also it was filmed with identical twins

Uzi nine milometer
youtube.com/watch?v=94p_pLwV-uk

I still love it, it's kind of cheesy but it's immediately after a scene where a naked Arnie beats some guys up and takes a guys sunglasses while he has a shotgun pointed at him. It fits.

Since we're having a Terminator thread I'll post a shitty comparison image I made of the blu ray dvd and vhs versions for a thread last year

>titanic
>aliens
>true lies
wasted quads desu

>you're at work piloting your police helicopter when this guy drives his motorcycle out the window of a 10 story building, jumps off, grabs onto your helicopter, smashes his head through the windshield and proceeds to melt into a glob of liquid which flows through the shattered hole, gathers on the seat next to you and then transforms back into a solid state and promptly orders you to "get out" of the vehicle hundreds of feet in the air.

What do?

>put the gun down now!
>puts gun on the floor

Which BD and DVD are the definite versions of T1 and T2? It's kinda confusing that they're so many of them.

Titanic and Aliens are terrible movies, True Lies is only watchable because of Arnold

You Get out.

I actually don't own any, I'm still using the VHS for my viewings. I'm looking to buy the BDs though and if you're an American these seem like the best ones
T1: amazon.com/Terminator-Blu-ray-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B00AJER3SE/ref=tmm_mfc_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1470706023&sr=1-1
T2: amazon.com/Terminator-2-Judgment-Day-Blu-ray/dp/B000EWBKKI/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1470705998&sr=1-4

sadly the US case for T1 a shit

how do you feel about avatar?