So I got in trouble making a school shooter joke at school and was court ordered to see a therapist...

So I got in trouble making a school shooter joke at school and was court ordered to see a therapist. The therapist asked a bunch of questions and then sent me back to the lobby. She gave me a paper saying I was diagnosed depressed and need counseling. The thing is Sup Forums, I don't know why I'm depressed. I have a job, a wonderful girlfriend, I'm in school, and doing good financially. There's just a sense of emotion missing and I want to fit right back in. I want those old emotions of romanticism I had when I was a little kid in middle school. I miss being a dramatic little douche. What about you Sup Forums, what do you miss?

yeah that's depression. take your pills user

I hate the group therapy. The people don't want to be there so it's awkward and a few are twitchy as fuck

I miss it when everything was beautiful and nothing hurt

What about when you're a kid and the biggest worry is getting dad angry because he'll ground you?

i miss when op wasnt a faggot

for me it was when i was real little, like 3 or 4 when it was just my mom and me. I can barely remember it but the best part is i didnt realize how fucked up the world was yet

I like being a kid and not realizing how real of people your parents are

dam
yeah it is really wierd how your parents are like, not quite superheros but somethin else when your a wee little lad.
Do you drink user?

Why is there so many school shooter memes recently though? Like i know they were always there but in 2016-17 the internet has just been milking it.
Why are anons so depressed?

Used to drink, smoke, and do every drug possible a year back. I'd stay up for days at a time. My girlfriend said she cried one day after seeing me come up to her and her friend, who was supplying, and acting twitchy as fuck and getting drugs from her friend right there. Her friend told her I'd been taking about 12 a day.

Chances are, you're not depressed. You just took your edgey sense of humor that fir some reason you thought was appropriate to share outside of Sup Forums and someone in the real world heard you and decided to let you know how fucked it is to say shit like that.

They can be funny and I think there's an epidemic among males of depression.

that's just how it is op

buddhism is right on this part: something is always fucked up; something is always missing. the glass is never full

the sooner you accept it, the easier it will be for you to let go of these stupid, romantic thoughts and focus on enjoying what you have

dam son
I just drink beer, never touched hard stuff
you okay now?

>You just took your edgey sense of humor that fir some reason you thought was appropriate to share outside of Sup Forums
this, take care newfriends not to allow your chan life to bleed into irl. unless your a 6'3" chad it will come off a pathetic and repulsive.
t. experience user

Just remember op, if there was no mental illness then psychiatrists and therapists wouldn't have jobs. When you're a hammer, every problem is a nail.

Completely washed of it all. I wanted to be clean for girlfriend since she's worth more than drugs or alcohol to me. It's hard not to get back into it and her friends, who are druggies, don't make it any easier. But I want to stay clean for my health and for her.

My two cents, OP...

It might be dysthymia for you -- kind of depression on a low burn. I have it too, and I think it got triggered when I started spending a lot of time on social media and Sup Forums several years back. I just started hating everything.

I quit Facebook last year and it really helped a lot -- I was happier, more productive, more chill. Obviously I haven't left Sup Forums yet, but I no longer spend hours on it like I used to. Same good results.

TL,DR: Focus on the things you can control, and forget what you can't. Hope this helps.

good to hear.
Only thing ill say is that you should convince her to clean up ad make new friends or the odds are pretty damn good you'll relapse. You might be different but my best friend was a real straight shooter, got into molly with raves and shit, then into harder shit. Same thing, got clean for his girl but they still hung out with his old drug friends. He relapsed eventually and got even worse than before. It really breaks me up cuz he was my best friend since 7th grade. Havent heard from him in years since he dropped off the grid.
Not everyones the same mind you, just something to keep in mind. Godspeed user

That makes sense. I've also kinda realised that since we all look at memes to keep us happy then it must be because we need something to break away from our reality to cope with our crippling depression

>I want those old emotions of romanticism I had when I was a little kid in middle school

Serious question do normal people feel this sense of wonder and excitement in their adult lives or is everyone secretly a miserable fuck?

Are memes that are sad more funny because we can relate to them?

>I think there's an epidemic among males of depression.
there is,, suicides and depression among males have skyrocketed, at least in us, in the last decade. Society is trying to make us act like women and our subconscious rebels.
All anons should try there best to at least be a little /fit/

not him, but yeah id say so

Swear everyone is literally miserable or just too full of their own shit to even comprehend their own misery. realtalk

Most probably are. We all miss the "good old days."
Though having something to live for definitely makes things easier.

It's no wonder alcohol is legal when depression is behind every corner

I'd say that's a safe assumption m8
And really depressed people love edgy memes actually more than the crippling depression memes because they rather laugh at the pain of others instead of their own

Have to let the people take the edge of society off somehow...

I miss feeling human, as time goes on I find my interests and activities are becoming more nonsensical and esoteric. It's made communicating with people a chore and relating to others completely impossible.

Honestly I blame my addiction to keks.

Depression isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you know how to handle it. And the added fact that you enjoy dark humor or edgy humor means that you have a true sense of perception when it comes to reality around you, just take care when it comes to those around you.

What was the joke?

are you me?
i never talk to anyone anymore because i cant relate to anything they say and i have to put effort into listening to them.

The other day my girlfriend's mom asked me if I were okay. First time she's ever done that. I've known that woman for over 7 years and not once has she ever asked that. It was weird. I don't want people to know I'm depressed but I guess I'm terrible at hiding it since she saw it right away.

You're okay user. Trust me, you're okay. I know what you're going through. Both my girlfriend of 8 years and I have both been through bouts of depression...but it's always beatable in the end. The truly sad part about depression is that it's a constant reoccurring cycle, so you just have to recognize it and know how to make yourself feel happy more than anything.

Also, being depressed is a real thing. It's okay that people know, because you'll be happier about it as well.

>be me 17
>teacher is popcorn reading
>Ok user go!
>Igotthis.wav
>The soldier grunted in an objuse fasion
>fuck me
>Get roasted by friends in back
>Me
>Stand up with angry face
>Shouting whilst reaching into backpack
>THATS IT IVE HAD ENOUGH
>Class goes dead silence
>Look of horror and fear in teachers face
>Got suspended for 2 weeks
Worth it

Image related

fucking christ

At least you can listen to them, it doesn't matter how hard I try the words just kinda pass through me. Luckily I'm good at acting like I'm paying attention.

>Luckily I'm good at acting like I'm paying attention.
nice.
do you have friends that used to be friends, or you just never really had em?

The court system wants to put a felony on my record and I don't want that. I want to join the Marines and be a man. They said they could bring it down to misdemeanor after 2 years of court supervision and counseling.

You can always work off a felony.

im in the process of signing up for the muhreens myself, got my MEPS date next week.
If you live in a really liberal area, go in and at least talk to a recruiter. Id bet the recruiter would be more willing to work with you to see if you have any options. Its harder for them to recruit in blue areas so theyll work harder to get you to sign.
good luck

Man, tons back when I went to school, I was a total normie popular kid. Was never my thing though, every year I cut a few people out of my circle. It was just too much work to keep them all around. This continued for a couple years until I ended up only being friends with these weird kids, an I mean really weird. The real "shoot up the school" type, anyways I guess their behavior kinda rubbed off on me an I ended up in the psyche ward over some shit I got into. I only kept in contact with two of them after I got out but we don't talk much anymore.

dam, crazy shit
you ever go out at all?

beta faggot cuck has feelings

kys

Yeah, Not too often but I can go out no problem if I need food or something like that.

Gotta admit though, most of my life is spent either being an artsy fuck or laughing at memes not much else. Truly an uneventful and directionless existence.

try and get out man
not even with other people, but just not in your room/basement/apartment whatever.
When i started hiking by myself and camping by myself my mental state really improved, being in one place 24/7 isnt good for you. It might not be hiking for you, but whatever works man.

>romanticism I had when I was a little kid in middle school
>being a dramatic little douche

same thing

I've thought about something like that, maybe not hiking but maybe going to a gym? Would be nice to actually be fit, heard intense exercise is a pretty good stress relief as well.

>exercise
yeah its a good thing, it gets your body movin. Think of it like an old motor. if you never run it, it takes a whole lot of work to get it going and running right. But if you make sure to take it for a drive every once and a while it will stay in decent shape.
even if the gym turns out not to be your thing just body weigh stuff at home will make you feel tons better. Yo dont have to be Arnold or nothin, just pull ups, push ups sit ups etc and some running will do you good and youll be more fit than 95% of people

Gym should be good, worked for me.
Also, volunteer to help in your community. Sounds odd but really does make you feel good