What is the scariest horror movie?

What is the scariest horror movie?

Horror and comedy are the most subjective genres.

Asking what is the scariest or what is the funniest movie is a genuine stupid question.

The Babadook was bretty gud if you can get past the fucking stralian accents.

That one you saw as a kid and can only remember a couple scenes off it.

The Blair Witch Project

woulde le be me in deliciously they called me the vvitch and they claim i killed my family so they burned me alive

Alien

>babadook
>shitty child actor
>muh motherhood metaphor
>monster looked like a member of My Chemical Romance
>monster made stock sound effects from Resident Evil's opening cutscene

That movie was trash.

Loose Women

Every genre is just as subjective you fucking retard.

There's no such thing as "objectivity" in art

This is how we know you're a pleb

it's pretty spooky

It's shit

>muh found footage

Wasn't scary then, is not scary now. Was never a good film either

This. I watched it with my mom 15 years ago and she told me it was real. I couldn't sleep with the light off for 5 years after that

I bet you also unironically call DC films kino, you fucking beta cuck.

>being this much of a faggot AND a pleb

suicide m8

i liked the movie but this made me lol

This. Only horror movie I can still watch from time to time and still be very scared. Must watch in the dark tho.

YMS here can you guys frick off with your cape and dook shit

babadook was shit, not scary.

1.texas chain saw massacre
2.the thing
3.the shining
4.ringu
5.poltergeist

special mention to the exorcist which i saw when i was 12 and gave me nightmares for weeks

t. an user with a foot fetish and more than a dozen separate folders of underage girls

Yes there is, subjective opinions can be based around objective qualities but ultimately don't determine your subjective opinion on something. Ignoring objective qualities in art is such pleb behaviour you literally made me puke in my mouth

Watching this at my cousin's house was scary af

t.user who has entry level taste but thinks he is "patrician"

No faggot, I hate superhero movie.

Babadook was a great movie.

Snowtown

It's not scary in the horror genre sense but you'll remember it for a long time.

Babadork was terrible

You're a fucking retard and you shouldn't ever speak, ever.
Your taste is shit, you're a virgin, you smell bad because you haven't showered in several days and you've been wearing the same clothes for almost as long, you have a shit haircut, you have no job or a shit job, your parents are disappointed in you even if they're dead, none of your other family members ever think of you, if you have siblings they have to stop themselves from laughing when they do think of you, your taste in waifus is shit, your taste is music is laughable, you like trash movies, you probably bite your own toenails, and you really just need to kill yourself you fucking out of shape loser.

i didnt mean to say that babadook is actually shit but it's probably the most overrated horror film in years and on top of that it's not even scary. i give it props for originality and for being a directorial debut but it's not THAT good

>being this mad because he didn't get the babadook

sure bro

Extremely subjective category, but here are my picks:

1. Texas Chain Saw Massacre
2. Possession
3. Maniac
4. Audition
5. The Thing
6. Blair Witch
7. Black Christmas
8. The Shining
9. Halloween
10. Wolf Creek

Personally I never found The Exorcist to be that scary or even very good.

Jaws gets an honorable mention, despite not being a horror film. It's made people afraid of water for decades, which should count for something.

>didn't get it
>literally said "muh motherhood"

horror is quite easy to prove as objective. there will always be outliers, but it is easy to identify shapes, themes, even sounds that are almost universally frightening.

>horror is quite easy to prove as objective

No you fucking retard

t. simpleton who uses 'subjectivity' as an excuse to be lazy with his critique

Can't even fucking reply properly

Dumb poster

Smart poster

texas chainsaw aint scary

You're quite simple if you think film or any other art form can be objectively critiqued.

Same poster

Pet Sematary.
Although not perfect it was really uncomfortable to watch.

Yet what effects one person in a film may not affect another. For example, The Exorcist being cited as one of the scariest yet having no effect on me. I know people who don't consider TCM to be anything special, either.

I think if something's objective, you're not really discussing art, and instead you're finding motifs and real life things that scare people. Serial killers scare people, but not all films present them effectively.

You are a fucking retard

This literally scarred a generation

When did he say that? He's right, you cannot objectively criticize a movie. What might be an effective mechanic for one viewer, might not be for the other

This

Spooked me the fuck out, even though it's a low budget found footage movie.

thank you
that movie sucked

Saved as copypasta

Let's turn this into a hot spicy meme folks!!

Or you're not well read at all and have never read any art history or philosophy. A groundwork of objectivity is literally necessary for an art form to progress. Music has objective qualities IE amplitude, volume, pitch, that we can analyze objectively but derive a subjective opinion from. Stop being an illiterate cunt

how is anything critiqued or measured without objectivity?

in fact it is a legitimate criticism of a criticism to recognise an opinion as purely subjective. if somebody tell's me something is good, i am more likely to believe them if the opinion is backed with details rather than nothing but emotional arguments

Art is not objective, you moron.

Fucking retard.

What about Horror Comedy? Evil Dead here we come.

I never said it was, I said it has objective qualities that inform subjective opinions, you dense clod

I forgot about this one, but it's pretty good. Very unconventional and creepy. I think the second half gets a little ridiculous but damn if it isn't a unique experience.

>Serial killers scare people, but not all films present them effectively.

fair enough, but we would both agree one certain themes there being *almost* universally scary eg: death, torture, abduction etc.

in this way, horror is objective and allows film makers to craft films which will effect the majority of people who watch them in a certain way. i will agree that things like production, acting, script etc... all technical details have a direct bearing on the effectiveness of these scary elements

Why haven't they made a candlejack movie? I think it would be p

You are a fucking retarded. Just shut the fuck up

lmao please go read a book you edgy 17 year old shit

You're opinion is objectively shit.

i tried watching this with my gf and we turned it off about half way through. it was just boring.

depends on what you mean by scary

My list of scariest ones from what I've seen:
>The Shining
>Alien
Along with those, I really like slow-burn movies, and the ones below I'd consider scary as slow-burn movies (dread builds up till the climax):
>Session 9
>Noroi: The Curse
>Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
>Audition

>Never get out of bed again! Never get out of bed again!
>mfw

take it back

>Black Christmas
good taste

Yes, as you know there are objective qualities to opinions, such as words, sentences, and connotation. We can analyze these to derive that his opinion, is in fact, shit.

Jesus Christ when will this candlejack meme fucking end? everyone knows he doesn't ex

t. projecting nigger

>ringu
>poltergeist

lol fucking nigger

tell me about candlejack! why does he wear the ma

>>Session 9
one of the best for sure

>the shining
>good

Back to le redit

Of course. There are universally scary things, but picking a list of scariest MOVIES is gonna be subjective because of all the other things you listed (production, acting, script, etc.) that come into it. The execution of a film is as important as the themes it's portraying.

>le reddit
>le

kek fucking reddit trying to blend in

Glad to see some love for it on here. It's surprising how little recognition is gets.

le contrarian man

absolute madman. Leto, is that you?

Pic related is the scariest movie I've ever seen. Still haven't watched it again. I'm fucking terrified of aliens. But not the outlandish, xenomorph or predator type aliens... just the humanoid skinny ones with big heads.

Fuck.

The only non-meme answer.

trying to get a decent modern slasher movie night going but only thing i can think of is Halloween by Rob Zombie nothing else comes to mind sadly

the babadook

>inb4 some faggot mentions Hush

there aren't any good modern slashers bro

LITERALLY the most entry level list I've ever seen

There are less, sure. But Hush is a fine example. Pretty good film, surprising it's apparently hated by paranoids labelists.

Hush :)

post your list nerd.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... This shit

Entry level doesn't mean bad. It's an obvious list, sure, but it's a great list.

>babadook
slasher film user
fuck this. Friend made me watch this. Horrible fucking home invasion film. Not slasherkino where killer is an unstoppable force of nature.

see
The strangers was better.

>nerd
>thinks weab trash is scary

you know what to do

Babadook was great until the third act, then it was B-movie their. And babadook looks like beetlejuice.

Have you considered that everyone knows these films because they're at the top of their genre?

better than the strangers

You're talking like a memer. Keep looking for the elusive 'slasherkino'

Yes, The Strangers was quite good, but I didn't 'like' it because of reasons that don't matter now.

>because of reasons that don't matter now.
you being a faggot always matters

I'm actually not familiar with this, but it looks intriguing as hell. I'll check it out.

Slashers died in 1989 and came back, in slasher fashion, in 1996 with Scream. There hasn't been anything since that I'd consider a legitimate slasher, though. Zombie's Halloween 2 is great though.

>not having Ju-on ghostgirlkino
>not having dario argento's susperia or deep red
>not having suicide skwad

I'm unconvinced very many jump scare-y Asian horror films are gonna age very well.

ok i agree with this
>because of reasons that don't matter now.

never actually bothered with the sequel because i was worried he'd fuck it up