Ubuntu Issues

Ubuntu Issues.

I installed ubuntu on a computer i bought for school, just needed something to take nones on and didnt like the idea of a chrome book.

This thing had windows on it, but its so bad it was lagging with a fresh install of windows, i checked temps and shit and they were all fine.

So i decided to put ubuntu on it, in hopes that it would lag as much, and well it hasnt lagged at all. I took notes for 1/2 a year and now im finished school and just want to use it for random shit like streaming movies, emails, facebook, music etc.

its being a piece of shit, i can still take notes on it fine but when i go to install chrome, the installer crashes. When i try to open the installer it crashes. When i try to update ubuntu the updater crashes and gives a "Package system is broken" error.

I have never installed any software on the system or updated it since the year i go it, im also a total noob in ubuntu and have no idea what the fuck im doing or where i went wrong, if anyone with ubuntu experience knows what might be wrong and how to fix it that would be great

if you need any more info just ask.

There is a chrome repo. Make sure you're running a supported Ubuntu release, and install chrome via it's repo.

Open terminal
>sudo -s
>apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get update -y && apt-get autoremove -y

sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

install gentoo

You wouldn't have this problem if you stuck with Windows.

Who needs a complicated package system, just double click an EXE file and you'd be done.

Windows updates automatically too.

tried, got error like in

Not OP but currently running Ubuntu, what is the advantage with Gentoo?

sudo apt-get build-dep build-essential
sudo apt-get install -f
sudo apt-get install -f chromium-browser

chromium is accelerated by your gpu too, so it is faster than Firefox in most cases

don't bother if you are not comfortable with kernal hacking

op tell us what happens when you
1 (checked)

windows?

winBLOWS.

enjoy your backdoor retard! :DDDDD

So run apt-get -f or whatever

>NSA
>zero day exploits
Checked

It wouldnt work, i had to do the sudo -s from and now its doing something.

Lol it did work
Now run what I said earlier

what did you say before? like which one was you

> That one

Only install gentoo if you're very comfortable with Linux. But to answer your question, you have to compile everything you want from source. Everything. So it's tailored to run on whatever machine it's installed on. I used to run gentoo because nerd cred. But it isn't worth it to me anymore. Stick with Ubuntu

Thanks, i dont really know whats going on, but it looks like its working

Hi Charlie. The hacker known as Sup Forums has doxxed you

Yep it's updating now.
Now run this (not me) to install chronium. Anything else you want to do?

You might as well save those commands. You'll probably need them again sometime in the future

Lol be quiet. You can see it in his terminal window.
>low key FBI getting tips

Made a script which I dunno on all my systems doing that updating and a little more. It is indeed very useful.

Windows is a shit operating system.

running the username 'charlie' for every acer aspire r3 131t through the nsa database now. i should be able to locate him boys.

>we're in

I better watch out ._.

also no one buy this pc, there are better options for the price. its so fucking bad ahaha

thanks man.

Uh god, chrome isnt allowing netflix to play.

Im sure there is an easy fix to this, or i overlooked something.

sorry bro, you installed the wrong browser:
>omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/03/netflix-finally-adds-support-firefox-linux

install gentoo

You need to install widevine to let chromium play Netflix

Also regular chrome has support but widevine works flawlessly

chromium is a bitch to get netflix to work on. Just go to the chrome download page. It will auto detect ubuntu and give you the .deb
Then open terminal in your download directory and type sudo apt-get install ./nameoftheinstallergoeshere
That will give you actual netflix friendly chrome.

What am i doing wrong ._.

You got a link/command like the anons posted for chrome? (sorry im complete noob)

Chrome and firefox both throwing errors, i feel like im missing something, but i dont know what.

Ubuntu is a fucking abomination of Linux. Install a proper distro

Will do that now user, ill post results soon

as far as i can tell, you need to uninstall chromium and either:
>google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?platform=linux
>or install latest firefox, available in the ubuntu repository

or maybe some other Sup Forumsro has a better idea/solution

Thank you guys

>apt-get install Firefox

Problem solved

this