Post the best movies about apocalypse you've seen

Post the best movies about apocalypse you've seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZeTiXC7jU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The one that never got made, of course. No one in Hollywood has the sheer balls to green-light such a grand-scale project.

Seems interesting. Also, this one was surprisingly good for a TV movie

Have you read the book? does the movie do it justice?

The book is way better, but it's a very enjoyable mini-series.

Also, King's novels are never that good to begin with right?

i enjoy them and they seem to have been selling well since long before i was even born

I enjoy King's novels very much as well, and some adaptations are brilliant, The Mist for example. But they're not masterpieces of litterature either.

Melancholia

Also, Last night

The road and the rover. The rover's more of an economic apocalypse though.

>Last night
You're sure this is the same topic? It seems to me it's just about a love triangle.

Seen both, both are fucking great. The Road is probably the most depressing movie I've ever seen.

This movie is fuckin amazing and NOBODY has seen it.

Wasn't too impressed when it first came out but I've come to love it more and more with each viewing.

The book is even bleaker.

How can it be?

This was alright, cheesy at times but overall fun to watch.

This one. It's Canadian

That could well feature the most kickass gay bodybuilder in the history of film. Also, it was magnificent.

Forgot the name of it but it's a fucking depressing one with a father and child and it's grey and the father dies near the end or something.

Literally kill yourself suicidal depression tier movie.

The road

Oh, my bad! Seems great.

Mad Max 1-4
Waterworld
Book of Eli was alright I guess

This was fun

Was going to post this. I'd probably be the guy trying to complete a sexual bucket list. Seems everyone was willing if the world is ending.

I really liked this, it was a sweet movie, and sometimes in life, you need a sweet movie, good one to watch with your girl too!

That's the one, cheers.

I'm ashamed I came into this thread and didn't immediately think of this. One of the best thriller's I've ever seen. It being in real time gives the entire movie a sense of suspense and that each minute really does make a difference.

I really wish there were more movies like this; where the world is literally going to end and every minute counts.

>a sweet movie
Don't remind me

Fuck it, I don't even care what y'all think, this was kino

Oh Dusan, you crazy Romanian bastard.

Can anything think of any movies DURING the apocalypse and not before or after? This is the closest I can think of in the sense of everything going to shit and everyone being in a panic.

Check OP's movie.

Yeah there needs to be more like this. Contagion is almost there. Some apocalypses like economic or civil war would be more difficult to set during it though.

>51OYTSdeIvL
What is this?

The terms "sweet" and "movie" together triggered me so much. This was a whole new level of disturbing.

I really enjoyed that movie for some reason even though it was pretty straightforward.

Contagion was so disappointing. The trailers make it look like a pandemic is destroying the world when really in the movie nothing happened beyond a lot of people dying and some looting.

It's Sweet Movie (1974), check it out if you want to stop eating candy forever.

That's the reason it was quite good. No pathos, just action and bonding between a douchebag and a little girl.

True, but it's a more grounded pandemic. Something on the level of the Spanish flu. There needs to be one that deals with a deadlier/near extinction level pandemic, it would be damn haunting to watch everything go to shit and see how few people are left.

>Sweet Movie
Think I've seen that actually but time to refresh my memory! Oh is that the one with girl in a chocolate pool?

Yes. I want to watch it again too, but it's so damn weird that it really threw me off the first time, one of the few movies that did it to me.

Used to watch this on fx all the time. Same problem 28 weeks later had: blew its load in the opening scene

Would you have helped her find her parents?

I thought so, I made an edit of the sexy chocolate scene, I think it's available in a high quality torrent.
Yeah the boat stuff is weird with the woman seducing the young boys for example.
You wouldn't miss out if you wen't back to restudy it, some scenes are cool. Not just for the lewd scenes but just odd creative stuff.

I know. Valerie and her week of wonders give off the same vibe, come to think of it. But Sweet Movie is way weirder, so much that I have a hard time looking past this. I can't believe it's supposed to be a critique of marxism.

i probably would have been to much of a coward to confront those two guys that took her

I think I'd have actually, but the obese one would have just wrecked me. I don't know how to fight.

>tfw apocalypse movies always give me nightmares for some reason

>The film created a storm of controversy upon its release, with simulated (and unsimulated) scenes of coprophilia, emetophilia, fondling, and footage of remains of the Polish Katyn Massacre victims.

topkek

hell no she's an "investment" for the future, if there is a future....

Just started it, 29 minutes in. This is going great

>Nobody mentions Threads

Casuals, the lot of you.

This is more of a dreadful documentary

It was a good kind of clusterfuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZeTiXC7jU

that part where they stumble into the underground shelter where they keep the people for eating literally gave me nightmares.

>What's the hurry, Harry?