MCU

>MCU
>DCEU

Heh... no thanks, kiddies. I'll take the superior cinematic universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwGCKvVx26o&t=210s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCNKOAO5G8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's truth.

Hellboy 3 Never fucking ever

>That's cute

>Demon! What are you waiting for? This is what you want, isn't it? Look at it. The last of its kind. Like you and I. If you destroy it, the world will never see its kind again...

>He disclosed to me the child's true name. Would you like to know it?
>I already know what to call him. I call him "son".

>one film and its sequel
>cinematic universe
Yeah I'm a big fan of the "Meet the Parents" cinematic universe

2 had the most variety of action in any comic book movie

>tfw no Hellboy film that takes place during the Storm & the Fury with comfy England scenery, dragons, witches, armies of skeleton knights fighting armies of goblins and demons

why even live

>2 films with a more compelling world and more originality than anything Marvel and DC have created in a combined 15+ flicks
Are you feeling a little upset, Marvelcuck?

>There will be a 3rd Wolverine movie before there will be a Hellboy 3

There are three "Meet the Parents" movies.

the first movie was max comfy

Haven't there already been 6 Wolverine movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=JwGCKvVx26o&t=210s

hearing this speech in a real movie would be pretty sick

still crazy to think of this guy from the patriot.

not surprised he went a bit crazy, he literally became a different person for the role, are there any roles done similar to this extent?

the first is incredible, the second is way too slapstick

There are also at least a couple animated Hellboy movies, for whatever that's worth.

The second also produced one of the best, most relatable comic book movie villains there is. Not to mention the 10/10 practical effects.

Hellboy 1&2 are actually really fun movies, with great artistic direction and pratical effects

I really wish Hellboy 3 was made, too bad everyone now is old... Selma was a really qt waifu in those movies

Standalones.

I can't imagine Hellboy in Hell ever making it to the screen, it's too weird and amazing

>tfw no hellboy cinematic universe

i'll settle with it being the best comic unierse

FUCK
DELET THIS

; _ ;

they don't deserve it

Context?

the world's littered with Lovecraftian kaiju, Hellboy died and his blood consecrated England removing it from the planet and growing a new World Tree to replace Yggdrasil. his gf is slowly becoming the new Queen Mab and a whole lot of crazy Arthurian mythology stuff happens

no cinematic hellverse ever with mignola-art cinematography because we can't have nice things

I was mad as fuck when I first learned that Hellboy was leaving and the BPRD was being spun-off but hot damn it became even better than Hellboy ever was. The Abe Sapien stuff is crap though.

Is that Hitler in the "space suit"?

Abe got really good in the last couple issues because they're ending the run

It's a Russian zombie

FUCKING OATH

WHY NO HELLBOY 3?!

They'd better do it before my filmfu Selma Blair turns old and ugly

capeless capekino
pottery

It exists in a universe of its own creation where demons and supernatural creatures exist, along with Goverment agencies in order to stop them. How is that not it's own universe?

Weak b8 m8

>Hellboy 3 follows Del Toro's original screenplay, cept Hellboy dies at the end
>Hellboy 4 Hellboy goes to Mignola's Hell, it has a $250 million budget with a 3 hour run time consisting of Hellboy wandering around a Victorian city, falling through the floor occasionally, drinking with skeletons, all his enemies die ironically before they can do anything, and it finally ends with Hellboy smoking a cigarette in a forest with a small bird telling a riddle
>it's the worlds greatest box office bomb in film history but Mignola fans love it

I can dream right?

The cinematic universe consists of
Hellboy 1 and 2
Men In Black 1 2 and 3
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
RIPD

Who are you quotimg?

>there will never be a Baltimore miniseries
Jdimsa

Baltimore was optioned for a film at one point but it never moved forward

Fuck this gay earth

Goyer was set to direct, some monkey paws are best left unwished

Absolute kino.

Jared Leto in Suicide Squad

>The second also produced one of the best, most relatable comic book movie villains there is.

You could even say he was a genuinely sympathetic bad guy.

I really love this sequence deeply

>no washed out filter of sepia and grey
>not a single instance of Christ imagery in this entire 10 seconds

You're welcome for saving cape-kino you fucking goobers

you know what there is a lot of in Hellboy 2? fertility imagery

>a big decision
UUUU

Here you go Zack.

>it's the worlds greatest box office bomb in film history

I burst out laughing. Even in your dream?

it'd make it more memorable and there would be no reason to make another movie after, go down in a blaze of glory

>anyone who disagrees with me is a fan of a company I don't like

True, my bad.

"Cinematic universe" typically refers to a universe shard by several films that aren't merely sequels or spin-offs. For example, the MCU, the DCEU, and the Kong/Godzilla Cinematic Universe.

This would be pretty cool though.

I can't imagine anyone other than Ron Perlman as Hellboy. He nailed it, down to his deadpan delivery of "Oh crap." Ron Perlman as Darkseid when?

Who wants to see all the Hugh Jackman wolverines fight to the death in a massive duel and get out of my theaters

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who don't think "what are you listening to, Abe?" is the greatest scene in capekino history

yep, you're in love, have a beer

This. Literal kino.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCNKOAO5G8

Nice cinematic universe you've got there Mignola. Would be a shame if it was completely forgotten because no new films were added to it after the first two.

this opening is so underrated

>tfw had a huge archive of all mike mignola's comic

>tfw lost it in recent HD failure

>can't find any torrents.

welp I guess I can still enjoy the movies.

Or better yet, you can buy the comics in hardcover format and admire how they look on your shelf.

not that guy, but when they finish the entire universe. I'm gonna slowly buy every collection.

Atta boy.

what was the best location?

KATANA

>the Guacamole del Taco cinematic universe will never be real

Feels bad.

Devil's Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth and Crimson Peak all take place in the same universe

selma blair makes my dick turn into diamonds and I dont even know why

Lots of spoilers
That dragon in the early youtube link broke the world and unleashed the big bads of the setting: The Ogdru Jahad and their childern the Ogdru Hem. This is the apocalypse, letting terrible demonic creatures run wild, stomping cities to dust or infecting humanity with a vile, transformative plague. The B.P.R.D. is trying its best to save as much as they can while Hellboy died in the encounter and is doing stuff in hell.

>Not knowing Iosef
Go read every single piece of the Mignolaverse right fucking now. Do yourself that favor.

Sup Forums also does an annual mignolaverse marathon of threads so if you can wait the months until it rolls around again.

I need to read Hellboy more, love everything about it but I never took the time to dive into Mignolaverse

>I love this thing but I never got into it
But why?

I waste too much time here

real comickino

My next BPRD reread is going to take forever and I'm going to love every second of it

You're not wrong, OP. Hellboy deserves a lot more love than it gets. Perlman is a god among men,

>tfw Ron Pearlman is too old to play Batou in Ghost in the Shell movie or make another Hellboy movie

feels bad man

Goddamn I wish I could have a beer with based Ron. He seems like such a down to earth guy.

>Ron Perlman will die in your lifetime

And when he does all the princes and dukes of Hell will flee Pandemonium in anticipation of his arrival

Goddam right.

who cares

me too m8, me too

No, its Goebbels in a "bin liner".

Maybe after DC turns pic related into a huge success we will finally see Hellboy 3

At least we have this kino.

Mignola art is so wonderfully creepy.

>can't smile without you
>yep, I'm gonna need a beer too

the delivery of that line is so great

>my body is a temple-
>well, now it's an amusement park

>That Elder Thing at 27secs
We're never gonna see At The Mountains of Madness, are we?

Shame we never got Lobster Johnson.