Why do employers judge or not employ people based off looks?

Why do employers judge or not employ people based off looks?

So from when i left school to now (2.5 years) ive been searching for a job, i always have my hair died an unnatural colour such as red or purple, have face tats and will paint my nails (either black or white).

Around 2 months ago i died hair brown, stopped painting nails and concealed my tats, i got a job super fast. I dont think its a coincidence but i just dont understand it. You would be willing to hire me, but because of my tats, hair colour and nail colour you hire someone that is worse for the job? it doesnt make sense to me.

I turn up to work now, with everything normal (-nailpolish because working around food) and they dont mind, so why was it such a big set back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3w7CrxLj36I
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/per.2027/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off you lazy cunt.

lol what

If I had a company I wouldnt want my customers to see employees which look like they were pulled out of an Antifa rally and forced to work for the first time in their lifetime

somebody post one of them bait memes

i would but i don't save that shit

"Searching"
> 2 years
Useless tool

>Antifa rally
Autism

Alright, as someone who co-owned a business selling roller shutters, and took care of hiring for the small door-knocking and sales team, here's my thoughts on it (for my own specific case, mind you)

1) You are going to be going to people's homes. First impression is important, if someone is considering buying thousands of dollars of stuff, I am not sending someone who looks like a thug ready to steal it.
2) Save as above for people with piercings / retarded haircuts / colours, older generations have prejudice against that, and I don't find it very respectable looking.
3) I also don't want someone who craves the attention colourings / piercings bring. You can rant and rave about how it's "You" all you want, but even then you're getting exactly what you want; a chance to show how fucking snowflake you are. Go away and grow up.

tl:dr If you look like someone who wastes their dole money on stupid shit, then you can continue to spend your dole money on stupid shit until you grow up.

As an employer, it shows that people can not make correct decisions. Example: If I owned a music/clothing store, someone with a blue fucking Mohawk would be perfect if they knew the business. If I was looking for an artist. Someone with neck tattoos and their head shaved on one side would be accurate. If I am looking for someone in sales, I want the person everyone wants to fuck. Slim, attractive, conservative someone that looks like even with the world crashing down they make good decisions. Good decisions about the money I entrust them with.

So, are employers judgmental? The world is judgmental you stupid fuck, what the fuck did you learn in school? How to put round dowels in round holes. The fact you are asking this question, gives me serious fucking pause about the state of education. Jesus-Motherfucking-Christ how is it you are this fucking stupid? Did someone drop you on your head when you were small? Job interview skills used to be something that was taught in school? WTF happened there?

Best of luck you, lazy fuck. Glad to see you took your fucking life seriously and joined the human race.

>Job interview skills used to be something that was taught in school? WTF happened there?

Those courses were considered to be insensitive, and culturally biased against anyone who's mommy and daddy paid the full price for their education. So the liberal fuckwads who run the colleges did away with them in favor of LBGT based, ethnocentric, liberal arts courses which make the useless slag feel like part of the steel contributing to the structure of American culture.

And OP... Here is the best advice I can give you, summed up by The Delaware Destroyers!

youtube.com/watch?v=3w7CrxLj36I

Sounds like your concept of "growing up" equates to embracing conformism.
Am I wrong?

Basically you're expandable so managers can find someone equally qualified without dyed hair.

So giving in to the prejudices of others is "taking your life seriously"?

Good God

It's stereotypes. The tattoo thing is associated with people being poor, dumb, and lazy. I don't think a lot of people know how much time and money you have to put in for a decent piece. Also only faggots that don't understand the culture call them tats. Just a tip if you want an artist to take you seriously. Most of the time, I understand not wanting someone that looks like me at a front desk. Or being on a sales floor or something to that effect. It makes no sense to me if you have a solid work history and looking to do work not oriented around dealing with people. BUT, you probably have minimal or no real work history. If you're gonna do the degenerate thing, you've gotta work 10 times harder to prove your worth. But then places will respect you more.

tl;dr
>stop being a fag, goddamn

>continuing with the tried and tested, stable way of functioning
>conforming

You're such a dumb cunt. The fact that you think that going a way different to what you think is "the right way" is confirming, shows that you're just a fucking conformist as well, confirming to "non-confirming", because that's so radical

More like my idea of "growing up" is if you want someone to do something (ie hire you), then you better get ready to stop trying to be a unique crystal little individual and show you can be part of a team and act like everyone else, rather than try to get as much attention as possible.

>embracing conformism.
>Am I wrong?

If by conformism you mean having things like a home, utilities on and running, FOOD to eat. Then no, you're not wrong. If you wanna live out in the woods, in a hut, and hunt/grow your own food, and let your hair grow into tangled, greasy hanks of dreadlocks, be my guest. But just remember, you can have all of the comforts us "conforming sheep" have too. All you have to do is look fucking presentable, and be able to do the job you're trying to get hired for.

ITT: We spot who studied an art degree and who studied or does something useful based on one post.

I wouldn't hire a kid in a professional job
:/

Yes, welcome to the real world faggot

>So giving in to the prejudices of others is "taking your life seriously"?

If you don't fit what your customers want, they go elsewhere, and you go out of business. It's stupid of you to even think otherwise. And shows you don't really deserve to be thought of as employee material.

Damn dude. You summed up my post so much better than I did. I feel kinda stupid now.

no one wants to work with a train wreck
no one wants stare at an abortion all day
no one wants to waste their time with someone who doesnt know better

Unnatural color, red
Dumbass nigger detected

By working for someone, you're representing them and their business. You might be the greatest, most competent and hardest working person around, but it's poor optics. A company wouldn't hire you to be someone's financial analyst or money manager and have gauged ears, green hair and a face tattoo. You'd go for the clean cut, white or Asian guy in his 30s-40s.

Yes it's 2017 and society doesn't view non traditional looks as harshly as they did 50 years ago, but there's still a level of professionalism expected in a work environment, especially at most chains or corporate places.

If you're a musician or working in the art industry, it's a different story. Let your freak flag fly

growing up means knowing what it means to be a part of something bigger than yourself and not being the same small stupid petulant child

>face tats
You made yourself unemployable. Enjoy working fast food the rest of your life.

Professionalism has nothing to do with looks; it means doing your job well.

Lets be honest.
I actually do discriminate.
I am not evil, but the image of my employees send a message about my company which blue hair and tats could not represent with a positive and professional image

>fast food

Fuck that I'd hire friendly-looking teenagers who I can pay less and manipulate easier.

Face-tattoo'd faggots can do the after hours cleaning at best.

it's called 'dressing for success'.

You have to look professional too. When all jobs people buy and wear suits from are given to retards with gauges and shitty hair, then you can say you're professional.

It has to do with appearance as well. If you have a job that requires dealing with the public on a face to face basis, whether it's working at McDonald's or sitting in board room meetings, having a non-traditional appearance can negatively impact people's perception of you.

You could be a wizard, and people would be less likely to take you seriously, because the appearance is that you don't take yourself or your job seriously.

Employers like you are a part of what's wrong with this world.

It doesn't make sense to you because you have willfully chosen to see reality through stupid-vision

The things you do correspond to making bad and short sighted decisions. This is beyond obvious to actual adults.

>Professionalism has nothing to do with looks

yes it does. if you were going in for surgery and the doctor came in with a big purple mohawk, ear gauges, his nose pierced and ripped pants, would you want him to work on you, regardless if he was 'doing his job well'?

Nobody except tumblrina antifa fags would hire anybody with face tattoos

That's just prejudice.
If I know someone knows what they're doing, I won't give two shits about the way they look.

because you look mentally unstable. Its common sense you don't get a job with face tats so why get them.

I don't even give a fuck about tattoos.
I'm talking about exploiting your employees.

>got face tattoos
>now can't get a job

lol, do you realize you permanently disadvantaged yourself for the rest of your entire life, vs every other person who doesn't have face tattoos?

Let me put it to you this way and I am somewhat racist. Say it's a job doing manual labor just easy stuff

I would rather hire a nigger coming out of prison for a crime, than a white kid with face tattoos. Thats how bad you fucked up. Because committing a crime sometimes come from desperation, confusion, or bad upbringing, getting TATTOOS ON YOUR FUCKING FACE, IS PLANNED, WILLFUL STUPIDITY FOR THE SAKE OF STUPIDITY.

Because employers are usually white conservative males.
We need to get rid of the rich so everyone can live how they want, us workers are the ones doing the actual work, we should get a bigger piece of the cake.

As per Merriam-Webster: the conduct, aims, or qualities that characterize or mark a profession or a professional person

See how it says conduct, and qualities? That is how you carry, and present yourself. If you look like you slept under a bridge, next to a fire barrel the night before, you do not convey confidence, nor professionalism. You want a job? LOOK like you want a job. Not like you're simply there under daddy's threat to cut you off financially.

Oh boy

*Grabs popcorn*

> giving in
It is no different with looking at your driving and background record.
Clean is clean.
And you would know more than anyone else that by choosing tattoos and dye hair that you did this all to yourself

I can't seem to find work and I am white, no tatts, normal brown hair and in my early twenties.
Good luck on your job search.

>proto-infantilist-neo-marxism whining from face tattoo kids

post a picture of yourself and your face tattoo

is it some naruto sharingen shit

>TATTOOS ON YOUR FUCKING FACE, IS PLANNED, WILLFUL STUPIDITY FOR THE SAKE OF STUPIDITY.

I am fapping so hard to this right now!

ITT: Conformists perpetuating a prejudice-based view of people.

This. A million times this

You may as well just stamp "UNEMPLOYABLE" on your forehead if you have a face tattoo

lol i don't even have a tattoo, i can send you a dickpic if you want it though.

Because unnatural hair colors means you're a cunt, likely to cause some sort of SJW drama in the name of being 'different'.

Too bad people have different tatses.

You are nobody special, so you don't get to say that something is stupid and not worth the money to that specific person.

It seems you need go grow up, bucko.

You really are a special kinda stupid aren't you?

DING DING DING DING!!!! I think we just spotted the Summa Cum Laude of the Liberal Arts department!

If they're doing their job the way it's supposed to be done, why would I give two shits about how they look?

You're a definite retard, that's for sure.

unless someone is so spectacularly good at what they do and we've seen them in action doing said thing, we are going to judge.

we all judge books by their covers.

is that fair? maybe not. but then life isn't always fair.

Itt: Conservative douchebags shit on people who did what they wanted to instead of lay down and die like all other conservative idiots.

I do believe you are the individual with lower brain capacity here. Prejudice is linked to lower IQ.
src: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/per.2027/abstract

I get it for certain jobs, where you are supposed to represent the company. But outside of that I don't see any reason to deny people based on the way they look, if that doesn't affect their work.

>prejudice is linked to low iq
You tumblrinas are really trying to justify your shitty lives.

>I don't see any reason

and yet your lack of insight was never used for the basis of a single decision in this world.

He's not wrong, neither is the source he provided.

Good work trying to ignore it, though, it just goes to show that it hit a nerve.

>explain why every business owner/exec is racist AF

Simple answer OP. You don't conform. So fuck off.

you would give two shits how they look.

if two doctors come into your room and one is dressed like a hell's angel biker and the other is dressed like a traditional doctor, which would you expect to provide better care?

and don't say "the biker, if he does a better job", because you don't know the skill level of the doctor.

unless you are completely brain dead, you'll choose the doctor that actually looks like a doctor, because he takes his job seriously, as his outfit demonstrates.

so you cleaned up like a decent human being and you got a job right away????

funny how that works.

>prejudice is linked to lower iq
>therefore anyone prejudiced is of low iq
>all studies are valid and reproducable

my IQ is in the 140s and I am racist. The reason that I am racist is that you can clearly see some races have inferior genetic traits for living in social society. It takes a lot of education and intelligence to understand this. You are nowhere near as intelligent as me.

Don't link studies on Sup Forums, because you haven't once ever read the full text of a study, nor do you understand anything about how science or studies are performed.

I think sometimes it isn't because they're judging you as a person, but your looks don't conform with the target audience of the business and out of their own interest they have to hire someone else.

I don't agree with it personally, I don't think society needs that layer of pressure among the masses - but it's the way of the world and it isn't changing soon.

~shit like this is getting better over time in 5-10 years there wont be problems hiring people like this

>Trust me, 'cause I said I'm smart

lol k

It depends on what job your going for an always will.

I wouldnt hire you

People thought this in the 1960s.

Actually he was stating the exact opposite. Someone claimed his IQ must be low because he held a certain opinion. He showed how stupid that argument is by claiming a high IQ and holding an opposing view. This holds whether his IQ is 140 or not.

I'm sure your judgemental attitude got you far in this world.

not always, people are more open about this stuff and will get better overtime, almost everyone has tattoos, piercings and/or dyed hair nowdays

antifa rallys are pretty much autistic
yes

because everyone that you meet in life that has functioning eyes is going to automatically form some kind of notions about you on first site- it's the basis for communication and it's just nature. your 'crazy hair' says 'i need attention'. i'm not trying to be preachy, just speaking a little Darwin to you.

>almost everyone has tattoos, piercings and/or dyed hair nowdays

and are working dead end jobs. how do i know? well for one, they are working jobs that have 'overtime'.

Essentially, both sides of this argument complement each others invalidity (and stupidity)

thats why i said in 10 years

>almost everyone has dyed hair/tattoos
No, no they still do not. Its becoming a little more popular but it's still not the norm.

If I were to be an extremely judgemental dick, i'd say that it's a big indicator that you whore for attention and make dumb decisions such as wasting your money to become a colorful little slut, and such as using Sup Forums.

>I'm talking about exploiting your employees
What do you think a job is you stupid nigger. They are exploiting your ability to work. In return you are paid money. God, fuck off speshul millennials.

yeah. the stoner kids from the 70's thought the same thing...

almost every girl dyes their hair

Sure thing, snowflake.

Have fun lying to a bunch of anonymous people on an image board, just know that's not going to get you anywhere in life, though.

Also, I know for a fact that you aren't as intelligent as I am. I can promise you that, friend.

>I turn up to work now, with everything normal (-nailpolish because working around food)

Flips burgers at Burger King, lectures people about the quality of his work. I love you Sup Forums !

And most to a normal color. Some do pink/blue/green etc. But they are the minority.

No, I actually wouldn't.

They wouldn't be in that room if they weren't qualified to do the job they're supposed to do.

Try harder.

Or teenagers who dont matter

there is a natural red colour, but its more of an orange actually
op meant retard red

Haha. Nope. Labor force had an increase in tattoo wearing rednecks.
To combat this the company handed out fire retardant clothing to cover their arms and told the workers it was for facilaty liability.
And the contract decreased the wage the following year. Poor guys

>trying this hard not to be judgemental.
Wew
Not only are you stupid you're a dirty lying cunt