I've been charged with 4th degree assault. How fucked am I?

I've been charged with 4th degree assault. How fucked am I?

I really need some advice. All I know is that it's a gross misdemeanor. I can greentext the story if you want.

green txt so we can understand the severity of your actions. then we can help

what happened?

M4 assault? Depends on your judge, but id expect a fine, probation maybe a few days jail

please do not base any decisions you make on legal advice garnered from the denizens of Sup Forums

you in washington?
i think you're fine, its only a felony if it impairs someone physical condition or hurt, alot.

>be me
>national guard
>I'm the unit's golden boy, soldier of the cycle, etc
>chicks want the d
>newbie comes to drill
>7/10
>show her around, help her out
>she gives me vibes
>completelyerect.jpg
>that night, we talk after lights out
>eventually rub her clit through her bottoms
>she cums twice
>the next day she tells me she has a boyfriend
>whatthefuck.wav
>boyfriend talks to me on facebook, bitches me out
>says he's gonna get me arrested for sexual assault
>kek you won't
>weeks later, after being moved companies, now I'm here
I'm so fucked.

that wont get you a felony.

how are you fucked

Hit your lawyer, delete the gym and Facebook up

This is gonna go on my record for sure. In this day and age it could turn into a massive fucking incident.

You don't sound fucked at all it sounds consentual to me and her boyfriend can't take it so he's gonna make himself feel better by getting you charged what a faggot

the dude got jealous and she wanted to fuck so you gotta pay for his jealousy? doubt it man

how can he charge you lol

she wont

What you describe here is consensual sexual contact, if they can prove it happened at all. Based on what you describe here, there is no merit to these charges, I am surprised they would have been filed at all. There is no assault, no DNA evidence. If the story as you describe it is accurate, do not attempt to defend yourself. Hire a criminal defense attorney and the charges will be dropped. Will probably cost you $1500-2000. You could then go after the accuser in small claims court for malicious prosecution in order to recover your fees.

The thing about it is, she's a weak willed fuck. She'd probably decide to pretend she was surprised or something so her boyfriend wouldn't be mad. He probably feels that way, thinks his girl could do no wrong.

profess your innocence to nothing more than 5th degree assault and not a single iota further

This

These fags have clearly never been in the military. Dont be so quick to say hes good to go. There is 0 common sense and reason in the military. You guys might see an open and shut case, but in this new PC military OP might have a real problem on his hands.

I'd recommend saving the Facebook messages he sent you and if the girl isn't a total bitch she'll support what you say. If it turns into a he said she said it could get messy. Women are always favored in anything dealing with sexual assault and that's just so shitty. If you have any notes from her or texts or anything hang onto em

Please clarify. Are these charges forthcoming or have you been arrested and booked? Is this a military or civilian court?

I received a court date in the mail. Looks like civilian, by the letter I received.

What you need to do is talk to a lawyer and see what they recommend you do

Does the letter read "you are being charged?"

With regard to the court date, does it read "you are ordered to appear?" Do they refer to this as "intake court?"

I have a warrant for simple assault and terroristic threats both misdemeanors. You re fine man, they are only misdemeanors. You'll prob just get some fines and probation and have a misdemeanor on your record. They aren't felonies not the end of the world, especially I you don't have priors.

>"The above case has been scheduled.continued for an arraingment"
And then it gives me my court date

Boy op you take a long time to reply

Sorry, I was reading up on my charges.

If it does not say that your appearance is mandatory, you do not need to be present. You must have an attorney represent you at the hearing. If no one appears on your behalf, there will most likely be a warrant issued for your arrest. I can not stress enough the importance of retaining counsel in this matter. It sounds like a whole bunch of nothing, and some aggressive junior ADA is moving forward with a minimal charge against you in order to shot somebody up or to see how you respond. Don't bury your head in the sand. It should be very easy to get this dismissed / charges dropped if the situation is as you describe. Doing nothing will make it worse.

After the charges are dropped. you absolutely want them VACATED (write that down, it has a very specific legal meaning) from your record.

I gotta lawyer up for sure. How do I do that cheaply?

Furthermore, were you ever interviewed, did you have any contact with LEA on this matter? Were you ever told that a complaint had been made against you which was being investigated? Who is the charging authority? (i.e. the state, the local municipality, etc.?)

Do you have $2000 for a retainer?

I'm going to assume you lost interest. I have to go meet a client. Sorry, I tried to help. If you are still here, DO NOT let them hook you up with some public defender, he/she will only convince you to take a plea deal to get this off the docket when you in fact have done nothing wrong. Based on your version of events, no crime was committed.

Thank you so much.

Wasn't ever interviewed. I was told that I was being moved companies due to the events that took place. That's all I ever got. I wasn't told who it was, but I assume it's the city.

It's unfortunate, but you'll still need a lawyer to clean this all up. They are using the threat of arraignment as a means of getting you in to interview and/or intimidate you. This smells very small-townish.

Cheap and good are inversely proportional, with lawyers as with most things/services for sale. If it were me, I would spend bigly on a good lawyer. The idiots saying "no big deal, probation and a misdemeanor on their record" must be planning a life of not working, or working in jobs for degenerates (ditch digger, etc.). Cuz if you cop to this, every employer for the rest of the life would know you raped a chick and couldn't hold a job even in the military. No employers want rapist fuck-ups working for them. You'd just be a sexual discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen.

This was my fear, as well. The ADA and some shit lawyer will convince him to take a plea deal with deferred prosecution or a "first time offenders" program, convincing him that it's the best deal for him, when in reality it's the best deal for them. Once the conviction - even with post-conviction relief- is on your record it will never be expunged.

Fake your death only way

This nigger knows.