Can you please specify the degree to which humans are the cause of climate change?

Can you please specify the degree to which humans are the cause of climate change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gc16H3uHKOA
ted.com/talks/bill_gates
youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q
opensecrets.org/industries/summary.php?cycle=2016&ind=E01
independent.co.uk/news/science/global-warming-climate-change-man-made-scientific-consensus-study-a6982401.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THEY DONT ITS A HOAX

Bill used to be cool, now he's just a cog in the wheel of misinformation by the media.

I'd say maybe 90°
Am i correct

>polar bears running out of ice

>misinformation

haha

I swear to god i hope you people dont exist. The most retarded humans around never stop to amaze me. How far up conspiracy lane do you have to be to believe its a fucking hoax, we have clear fucking evidence that we can wave in front of your eyes and still all you see is a podcast of a guy in his basement telling you "climate change is not real, read between the lines, the Bilderberg group is still a thing, RRRrrreeeeEEEEEeeEE!"

you sound distraught. could it be because no one believes you?

You sound denying, could it be because you are trying to protect your fragile mind from the fact that a romanticized idea about the world is actually bullshit and that you have been mislead this whole time, so now you keep protecting it because you cant handle being wrong.

I've watched this "debate"

>Asks Bill a question
>Interrupts him after 6 seconds
>Declares victory

Typical fux news, nothing to see here.

see folks how the child comes out so quickly.
come back when you can discuss things like an adult.

What i don't get it. If it such a problem that i keep hearing from talking heads. Why haven't they gone superman and fixed the damn problem. They are more likely to sell a fucking book talking about the "struggles" of trying to prove it on fucking Fox news.

If they are the smartest we have, why have they not designed a machine or a fucking sunlight filter or a Green house gas eater.
No they would rather sit on twitter and moan that "the right" are hurting there feelings. I am sick of all talk no action.

more children have joined the group.

they have, carbon tax. in other words they want to tax the air you breathe.

>Can you please specify the degree to which humans are the cause of climate change?

They have only been recording human effects on climate for a few decades now so there is no answer. They know we affect it but they don't know how much yet still want to impose on your rights.

>If it's such a problem why javent they made a machine to fix it

Next level retarded, are you literally retarded? It would cost trillions and still wouldn't work if we just kept polluting.

>If it such a problem that i keep hearing from talking heads. Why haven't they gone superman and fixed the damn problem.

They are, check out this video of Bill Gates talking about killing big percentages of the population.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gc16H3uHKOA

look at china, the smog seen from space should be a pretty positive indicator of human caused climate change look up how many ppm (parts per million) of carbon there is in the air today compared to just 10 years ago, it's a huge difference, it's also the highest in history to date

there are a myriad of progressive options, however:
>instant perfect solutions do not exist and arent as easy to create as you seem to think.
>options that we have now are OPTIONAL and people dont want to take the time, effort, or cost to implement them (especially the businesses benefiting from other means)
>business giants being the way AND whining "mah jobs!" and other such shit.
>people still choose to live shitty lifestyles.

they cant do it for you, they can only try to find solutions and offer them. and if the people choose to destroy the planet, it should be up to governments to impose whatever regulations they can to prevent that. regardless, there are still dipshits out there saying "its not a problem, and we arent doing anything wrong."

How was that a childish remark? It was incedibly accurate.

The "smartest we have" can only do so much. To fix this would take years for one, would require just about every scientific genius there was, and a stupid fuck trillion of dollars or whatever gay currency you use. A project this big would require a national effort maybe even a global one. How can anyone do that when they are just trying to get stupid people to understand what's happening?

I won't deny global warming. Hell I wouldn't even deny we're the cause of it. BUT What I WILL deny is that we have the power to do anything about it and I WILL deny that the human race will be the end of the earth. Compared to the age of the earth, humans have only been here for a blip. We're gonna be here today and gone tomorrow like may flies. Also don't look towards the US to be the front runner on saving the environment. We're the most pro-war nation in the world. We're too busy bombing the shit out of other nations to care about saving the environment. Anyone who thinks we can save the environment is a fucking retard. That is all.

Nobody's arguing that climate change isn't happening, but the idea that we as humans are responsible is preposterous.

It's already far, far too late. The damage is done, and we are fucked. Like a guy sitting in his garage with the engine running but insisting everything is fine. Yes humanity is that stupid.

>wants to slow overpopulation
>check out how Bill Gates wants to kill everyone
This is why American will never move forward. Some of the most dishonest retards on the planet.

Go frrak out about evolution being taught in schools, or how vaccinations have your kids autism.

That statement is beyond preposterous. You sound like an educated idiot - by far the most dangerous. Please never breed.

>>taking 3 minutes of footage from a 27 minute long talk
ted.com/talks/bill_gates

>This is why American will never move forward.

ENGLISH MOTHAFUCKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

You are very mistaken. I'm surrounded by people who believe it's a scam. Texan here.

the earth wont "end" but it could become just another space rock or possibly go through a huge extinction/reset. honestly its less about the earth and more about life in general and more specifically human life.

That's not a fix.
They claim to be the smartest. Yet they do fuck all to help.
Put it this way if a kid can make a nuke reactor is his backyard(it's true look it up) i am sure the eggheads could fix this shit in 5 mints.
>It would cost trillions
If the world is at the brink why would you be fretting about money? like i said these are people who make nukes in the back yard sheds.
>they cant do it for you
So why should i bother listing to them then if they can't do it?
>can only do so much
These are the guys who talk big but are all bark. They are happy to take the money for the book deals about it. If that does not scream fucking hack, somethings wrong.

You sound like the guy in the basement.

>we have clear fucking evidence

No, there's just claims and counter claims, experts are all divided.

Progress. Not that moving forward is not correct.

What a nigger.

TUCKED
U
C
K
E
D

Glorious :^)

how the hell do you get,
>"Bill talking about killing big percentages of the population"
out of that?

>Hurr volcanoes emit carbon in the atmosphere so humans can put as much as they want and it's fine

When retards pretend to know science.

Negative and Positive feedback loops, melting "permafrost", deforestation, ozone forming at or near surface level rather than way up high thanks to CFCs, chemistry, not being able to tell the difference between global warming and climate change, the ease at which burning coal can provide power and the ratio of power obtained versus other methods, the burning of natural gas before anyone knew you could use it to make energy, the continued burning of natural gas even though you can use it to make energy, methane in the atmosphere, weather patterns being screwed up by the amount of ice being added to the hydrosphere thanks to changing temperatures, the rising ocean level increasing the amount of dark ocean that can absorb more sunlight and get more hot in the process, people wondering how come there are more hurricanes, droughts, floods and the like in spite of how wind works and how hot oceans might make more wind.

There's a lot, but climate change today is mostly a human factor. You can't tell me acid rain doesn't exist, because that's a byproduct of one of the steps that leads to climate change. It's one of the primary reason smokestacks were built to be extremely tall, so the acid rain didn't fuck everyone nearby over. It'll just fuck someone else somewhere else, over.

But, people don't even understand science anymore, and treat it as a body of thought instead of a method of discovery. It's all a mess. Soon, most of us who survive will stand with the newfags as we live in a world that'll be hot, orange, and thick.

>So why should i bother listing to them then if they can't do it?
you are a petulant child and deserve to be dragged out onto the street and shot for being a degenerate drain on society. if you genuinely hold to your statement, that is what you deserve.

The earth is 7 billion years old. That's the equivalent of 93,333,333 lifetimes (if you live to be 75). So it's been here 93 MILLION lifetimes, to put it into perspective for the retards. Since people can't grasp the concept of a million lifetimes, just multiply retarded times 93. Ok now we are getting somewhere.

So, we think that we are SOOOO dangerous as a species, that in the last 50 years of the past 7,000,000,000 years, we have doomed ourselves and the future of the planet.

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. NORMIES.

>MFW when you jackasses are still alive in 60 years.
>MFW you niggers are gonna be ok without having to "save the planet"

>being this edgy
we can do something about it, it is just going to take a long time to reverse the things we've done, for instance we have to completly abandon fossile fuels and move toward clean energy, china has already this year invested 2.1 trillion in clean energy and in 2020 will more than likely surpass the US in energy output, btw in order to stay on top you have to keep everyone below you... that just how it works, if we stopped involving ourselves overseas we would be obsolete in a matter of decades but that's just history...

pollution =/= climate change

you fucking retard

Literally a retard. Some problems are serious problems that require nations. If problems are so easy, go did the middle East single handedly, which wouldnbe much easier and cheaper than global warming.

>yfw the planet goes to shit
>yfw we have the power to wipe out over 90% of all the biota on the planet, let alone kill society and leave the planet intact

Solar flares can do much more harm than humans could ever on our atmosphere. This is just a way for elitists to impose laws on humans but not themselves.

You guys think these rich fucks will practice what they preach?

Nope they will still fly around the world everyday in their airplanes fucking up our atmosphere even more.

agreed, it's just that liberals will swallow any bullshit as long as you have fake graphs and cooked books to back it up

>mfw you have no fucking idea what you're talking about

"Climate Change" isn't a hoax. It's very much a fact, our climate has changed throughout the history of the planet. Man-made climate change to the degree that these government-paid scientists promote is bullshit. Can man impact the world around him? Absolutely. As the alpha species on Earth, it's only natural that we have some kind of impact on our environment, and you see that in the rate that some species are going extinct. We've absolutely had an impact on our planet to a degree. Are we causing our planet to enter some sort of out of control death spiral where we are going to be Venus in a couple of decades? No. The reality is, we are at the mercy of the Sun and the effect it has on our planet. It's not unprecedented, the universe had thrown all kinds of shit at Earth, and while the planet has been fine, the creatures living on it are often fucked by what happens around them. Extinction Level Events are actually shockingly common if you think about it. There are so many things that can and will happen over the course of the history of Earth. We as a species have seen them happen before, and at some point, it's going to happen again. It's just a matter of time...

Human interaction could be coincidental on the time line. For all we know, all this climate change is because we're going through a pole shift.
correlation does not equal causation.

It's actually very poor science to state automatically that humans are the cause because it correlates in time.

There is no test set.

(I'm not saying I don't believe the whole thing but I can doubt, for science's sake).

>government-paid scientists

This where the bias comes in, they need to agree with the false narrative of man made climate change to keep their cosy jobs

More carbon in the atmosphere actually does = climate change

you fucking retard

/thread

the fucking ego of the general population is insane. that's the real problem. people honestly think we're powerful enough to have any real impact on the fucking GLOBAL climate

95 percent of scientist agree that we are at least partially responsible for global warming. Fuck yourself and Google some facts.

Chlorine atoms breaking up the ozone in the upper atmosphere is why a solar flare can do much more harm these days. Being angry that you're being told to be "green", and not being "green", is how you get other people to be angry about you not being "green". So then, nobody is green. So then everyone loses.

Why? They are the smartest we have. I certainly don't claim to be smarter than them. All bark no bite like all celebrity's now.
But they claim to be the smartest they know better than others. If they don't want to be the best most celebrated hero on this earth. I see that as bad thing. But you know they are more than happy to take the money for talking about it. i am just saying it's time to stop talking and fucking do something. No fairer argument than that.

>mfw this is the only response

Simon says show your tits.

This. Everyone knows anthropomorphic climate change is a hoax.

youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q

I don't got tiddies.

>being this oblivious to time, society, general living, the coasts, exponential growth of the problem
>ignoring the future of even 5-10 generations later because "it wont be my problem, lol"
macro timeline only makes you right when you dont give a shit about life in general or specifically human life. otherwise, you're a selfish dipshit.

>So then everyone loses.
How do you know everyone loses? You don't, stop acting like a retarded niggerfaggot.

It's bullshit. Man isn't causing the fucking climate to change. If you study the people who are pimping that theory, you will quickly discover that a lot of the "climate scientists" are paid shills who doctor the data to fit the narrative of the elites who promote this nonsense. Look at some of the raw data, the climate is constantly changing throughout history. It's cyclical, and we are in one extreme phase of the cycle.

the point isn't the earth is going to die this year. the point is that if we don't change to something more sustainable then were going to use all our fuel and change the climate in the process.

Good thing some 94% of that carbon dioxide comes from decaying plants and animals.
Ya know. The old-growth forests and native fauna that have been on the planet for the millions of years preceding homo habilis.

This. Solar-cycle driven climate change, however, is real.

because heavy industrialisation was all the rage during trogg cavejohnson's time

too much Buddha = too much fire = too hot for little faggots

Not really. This isn't the first time the earth has gone through catastrophic global warming or cooling. Most of that happened before humans were even around. We couldn't possibly turn the earth into "just another space rock" The earth's surface is made up of 70% water. That is all you need to promote life. Even if you chop down all the trees. the world will just make new ones. Just ask the alligators that have been here longer than trees according to science.

>mfw it's lunchtime and i don't care. I'm hungry RIGHT NOW. Fuck the planet.

>95 percent of scientist agree that we are at least partially responsible for global warming. Fuck yourself and Google some facts.
Source, please.

Maybe try Google instead of a shitposting board of you are looking for actual information.

carbon is a very insignificant greenhouse gas. fucking water is many times worse as a greenhouse gas than carbon. read a fucking book instead of just regurgitating random shit you hear other people say, dumbass.

Human beings contribute around 4% of the total CO2 that's currently in the environment. Given the fact that solar and volcanic activity has either tapered off or remained consistent, scientists believe that the extraordinary spike in warming (~10 times the average rate of warming after a cooling period) must be largely caused by anthropogenic activity.

Now, of course the planet's climate has been fluctuating for millions of years, and there has been unusual spikes of warming in the past (due to huge volcanic explosions), but that doesn't mean there's nothing to be concerned about. The fact is, the large spikes in warming have been very destructive and caused mass extinctions.

If you're ever wondering why the vast majority of Republicans are either skeptics of deniers, just follow the money.
opensecrets.org/industries/summary.php?cycle=2016&ind=E01

Unfortunately, these things are nearly impossible to prove with 100% certainty, and so sometimes we have to settle on " beyond a reasonable doubt". And make no mistake, the VAST majority of scientists in the relevant fields believe that it's a major concern -- personally, I'd rather put my faith in people who actually study these things for a living, rather than politicians, lobbyists and bloggers.

No one claims to be "the smartest we have," they just claim to know what we have to do, collectively, as a species, because there are in depth observational studies that prove so.

Stop trolling these poor nerds, they don't know any better.

And yet the climate was even more extreme than it is now in prehistory. Not one car on the road brah.

This.

>95% of shill scientists working for government departments whose existence is based on the belief that man made climate change is real all agree that man made climate change is real

kek

You're right, you're not smarter than them.

Because you seem to think that magic exists, and everything can be fixed in a whim and is not steeped in several independent scenarios all giving life to tangents of their own.

Ever wonder why we don't just go to the moon? It's because the majority of the people who got us there are dead, and they never really wrote any of that stuff down. Just because we've gone there, and think we know how to get there, doesn't mean we'll just magically get there. It takes engineering. It takes extreme precaution, and precision. It takes trained individuals. It takes money. It takes the authority giving it the green light for it to even exist.

And even then, something can go wrong.

It's not fucking magic, you basic cunt.

>source
>my ass

lol

You're fucking retarded if you think this way. Good luck assimilating into society and getting a long term job and family. Not 2 faggots living together, but a man and a woman, with normal children. You're gay and your shit's retarded.

This.
Energy envelope of CO2 is casual shitter tier compared to hydrogen, let alone oxygen.

If you want tinknow something, ask Google with .gav sites. Asking for info on Sup Forums just proves you are a retard. That's like if I asked for a source that proves climate change is a scam. I would ask a scientist, not a faggot.

"Climate Change" isn't a hoax. It's very much a fact, our climate has changed throughout the history of the planet. Man-made climate change to the degree that these government-paid scientists promote is bullshit. Can man impact the world around him? Absolutely. As the alpha species on Earth, it's only natural that we have some kind of impact on our environment, and you see that in the rate that some species are going extinct. We've absolutely had an impact on our planet to a degree. Are we causing our planet to enter some sort of out of control death spiral where we are going to be Venus in a couple of decades? No. The reality is, we are at the mercy of the Sun and the effect it has on our planet. It's not unprecedented, the universe had thrown all kinds of shit at Earth, and while the planet has been fine, the creatures living on it are often fucked by what happens around them. Extinction Level Events are actually shockingly common if you think about it. There are so many things that can and will happen over the course of the history of Earth. We as a species have seen them happen before, and at some point, it's going to happen again. It's just a matter of time.

I completely believe in climate change but Bill didn't do himself any favors by not being able to answer fucking questions and immediately getting flustered and upset during this

>selfish
And? Whats so evil about that? Keep the bible out of it please. What force in this universe stops people from being selfish. Other than you guilting them in to sharing shit. Or by the use of violence.

The degree that environmentalists are concerned about overpopulation but want unlimited 3rd world immigration

Show the "clear" evidence. And don't give us the shit computer models for 200 years from now unless you also provide a copy of the source code for us to examine

Nope.

Okay, most people lose.

Because in that scenario I postulate, everyone dies because everyone essentially wants to drink bleach.

dumb wolves just being wolves

>If you want tinknow something, ask Google with .gav sites. Asking for info on Sup Forums just proves you are a retard. That's like if I asked for a source that proves climate change is a scam. I would ask a scientist, not a faggot.

I'd ask you to drop some weight, because you can't even type properly on your phone with those fucking lincoln-log fingers of yours.

what animals in that 93 million lifetimes conquered the planet and changed the surface? humans have only been on the earth for ~45000 years, have you seen that in the last hundred years more animals have went extinct than in the previous thousand? that was caused by us destroying ecosystems due to our overpopulation, have you ever seen what happens to deer when they are overpopulated and eat all their food? they all die, just like us with water, out of all water on earth 1% of it is drinkable, the math points to extinction sooner rather than later and by sooner i mean within the next 100-1000 years not very many lifetimes left...

>adult
>Sup Forums

>thinking I was looking for information

well doesn't this sound selfish.

Lol I remember when where I lived began to get cold in September, now it doesn't get cold until half way through December and is only cold until early March. Hell I remember seeing snow as a kid and not even freezes anymore. Kinda hard to deny climate change when my climate conflicts with my memories

independent.co.uk/news/science/global-warming-climate-change-man-made-scientific-consensus-study-a6982401.html

Thank you user, i was losing hope for this thread before you came.

I'm saving your argument in case this thread appears again, you have a special place in my "best friends from Sup Forums" memory box. Thank you.