Ask someone who's working on raising ants anything

Ask someone who's working on raising ants anything

Hi AC Fam here :D thats a nice ant you got yourself there ;)

What are you raising?

When do you plan to release these weapons of mass destruction upon the unsuspecting public?

I actually tried messaging AntsCanada on Facebook once for advice and he just sounded like an automated messaging service lol

Solenopsis invicta

In about a year's time. I need to wait about a month for the first generation of ants to appear.

I think he might have a forum, too lazy to search being as big as he is, hed wanna have an auto reply

>In about a year's time. I need to wait about a month for the first generation of ants to appear.

God speed, user.

Yeah, he has a forum but the administrators are extremely lazy about approving accounts lol I signed up like two weeks ago and have yet to be approved.

You'll hear the name "Ant God" shouted from the Empire State one day.

What's the point of raising ants. What are the perks it has over other hobbies?

There are no perks compared to other hobbies; it's mostly just something to look at and think, "Wow, I created this.", you know? Seeing the tunnels be made day by day and watching them interact with the other bugs in the ecosystem you've created is just fascinating.

Like, you can pick up plants from your backyard and you'll spawn an aphid population from that. You'll likely have some tiny spiders too just from shoveling up dirt from the backyard and you're gonna get some other mites and whatnot.

not op, but same as any other insect/bug hobby. they're interesting to watch if you're naturefag like op or me

the cringe is real

what do you do when you go on holiday? can you leave them alone?

That's, like, your opinion. I just like to watch nature in effect.

I'm honestly way too poor to go on holiday but, if I were hypothetically to do so, I'd just have someone else living in my house spray down the aquarium with a spray bottle a few times a day to keep the dirt moist.

>2017

>Using that word

I want you enter a building that has no less than eight stories, make your way to the roof and then promptly throw yourself from it.

Try to land head first.

do you have some sort of terrarium for them, or where are you going to keep them when you've got a decent population?

Have you considered breeding for certain traits and creating your own evolved form of inbred super autist ants?

Why aren't you raising something useful like honey bees? Serious question, ants could go extinct tomorrow and the world would be better for it. Please kill yourself.

>raising ant

I have a 20-gallon aquarium for them which has been lined with Vaseline, as they are unable to step on that surface. For now they are staying within the test tube until the first generation of ants hatches.

Because ants are a lot more accessible. You can bring the queen out of her nest within 5 minutes by spraying lemon water into the hole. To get a queen bee out of her nest is a fuckton more dangerous to you.

Ye.

How much of a virgin are you?

Had my fair share of sex but haven't gotten laid since last August, my mind is ripping itself apart.

>youtu.be/literallythousandsofvideosofbekeepersbrushingawaymountainsofbeeswiththeirbarehandstoextractthequeen

Dude I literally live down the street from a group of Russian beekeepers, I know the process, and I don't wanna go through that.

The bees can smell a communist and so they sting. Can't use Russians as an example. Might as well drown your ants and raise mosquitos in the stagnant water. Just as useful to the ecosystem. Fucking lutch.

>raising ants
It's not like they're heavy.

Ants rarely breed in captivity

You. I like you. Better than OP BREEDING invasive pests

If anything he prevented a nest from being founded in the wild
see

Ever feed any random creature you can find to the ants?

Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger

Been actually thinking of trying it but I don't want to risk getting a bunch of ants everywhere

even cringier

there's always other bugs/insects that are interesting to raise and keep as "pets" or living decorations. i have small roach colony that i rise mostly as feeders to my lizard, but they're pretty interesting to watch aswell.

A larger species like carpenter ants would be easy to keep from getting out, and they'll always come back to the nest

basically, similar to having fish in an aquarium

but more affordable. you can get colony started for like 30-60 bucks

Why fire ants?

Also
>implying the U.S. doesn't have anteaters on standby

It makes me laugh when I cum on the colony

Do the same thing with my turtle and lizards

>having animals in your house is cringey
wew lad

>ants could go extinct tomorrow and the world would be better for it
Retarded comment/10

where and when can i find a queen around NY