Why didn't anyone tell Jared Leto that Will Smith was the star...

Why didn't anyone tell Jared Leto that Will Smith was the star? Did they even use real film when they shot all of those Joker "scenes" that have nothing to do with the plot of the movie?

That look says "Imma fuck dis white bitch" while the joker wears his cuck cage and says honka honka in the corner

>apparently there was enough footage to make just a film of the joker

anyone else would rather have seen this than suicide squad?

Leto sucked, so no

I'm thankful no one ever will see it. Jared Leto Joker was the biggest mistake since Jesse Eisenberg LEx Luthor.

>Will Smith chose to be in this shitpile instead of fucking Independence Day 2

he confessed there was enough footage for a whole X-rated joker movie, which was probably ayer's personal project, but you can't blame him, cause leto's a top qt

You have it backwords. The question is why did they try and sell us a Will Smith movie using the marketing material for a Jared Leto movie? Is it because no one actually wants a Will Smith movie?

Answer: Yes

He wanted to jump on the capeshit bandwagon while also retaining his "dignity" (topkek [his dignity disappeared when his son started talking]) by not appearing in another sequel so he can pretend he's a real actor.

He thought he was going to be Deadpool by the time he realized his mistake he already signed the contract.

>Will Smith chose to be in this shitpile instead of this other shitpile

The only reason he joined was because Margot convinced him to do it

Except Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor was actually good, and his fucking theme music was killer. He was well acted. Just because the character isn't the same as the exact comic book character doesn't make it bad.

Leto Joker, however, was completely overacted in an attempt to "outdo" Ledger, and had literal Hot Topic editing in every scene he was in.

>are you gonna kill me, Mr. J?
>"wh- *STATIC* what?"
>multiple SAW-like cuts flashing around while brightly colored lights permeate the screen
>continues his sentence normally

Literally why?

>Is it because no one actually wants a Will Smith movie?

I want a Will Smith movie, but I'm disappointed there wasn't a Will Smith song to go with it. Wild Wild West and MIB both got songs, why didn't Suicide Squad?

It wasn't like that originally.

>Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor was actually good
>He was well acted

That's just ridiculous, user. You can't possibility believe that's true. He was horrible, and I think the writing for his character was even worse than Suicide Squad Joker's.

>I want a Will Smith movie
Yeah, but you're a faggot and faggots aren't people.

he was overacted because the character was literally just thrown at us like "you're gonna take this and you're gonna like it". compare that to the intro scene of the dark knight.

Because they wouldn't hire his son for ID2 but WB agreed to make his son Static Shock

I genuinely think it was to make the scenes feel less dark, violent, or creepy. After the reaction to BvS they did those damage control reshoots to make the movie feel more like Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm assuming all that dumb flashy distracting shit was part of it.

I speak as someone who's never even read a superman comic, which I feel gives me an unbiased view of the movies. It lets me watch it as a standalone product, not as an adaptation desperately trying to please comic book fans.

That being said, I thought Jesse really was good. While he might not have been necessarily intimidating, his motivations and overall demeanor were really interesting, almost Ledger-Joker like (he made a better Joker than Leto did) while still being his own character. You have to admit that the scene where he lays out the plan to Superman on the roof was fucking awesome, especially once that theme starts playing.

He had me giddy every time he came on and exited.

Possibly. But I thought the darker, more serious undertones is what made Man of Steel and BvS work so well.

If the future of DC is less serious, I don't want it.

I don't think he was bad because he wasn't like the comics. I think he was bad because he was cringey and lame and had no real motivation for his actions except "I'm so crazy lol also extended God metaphor."

>IF MAN WON'T KILL GOD THEN THE DEVIL WILL

Come on, that's such garbage I don't think you could come up with a worse line if you tried.

>Why didn't anyone tell Jared Leto that Will Smith was the star?

I'm not sure even David Ayer was quite aware of who the star was. It really feels like he handled this movie about as competently as Paul Feig handled Ghostbusters, just letting the cast do whatever.

Yes, when you see Suicide Squad for a second time Leto is the best thing in the movie, it takes two viewings to get used to him bc he had such little screen time..

I honestly think he's the best Joker and hope they bring him back for the Batman solo movie but only for that movie, don't pit him in JL or Suicide Squad 2 where he gets less than 10 minutes on screen again

Is this movie worth pirating?

Not trolling, I want to know if I should look forward to downloading it or just completely forgetting it forever.

How about just WB letting Ayer do his thing?

I thought the extended god metaphor worked perfectly. Him being crazy - and let's admit, his version of crazy is a million times better and more realistic than Leto's "the more I roll around on the balls of my heels, the crazier I look" act - and being obsessed with this dichotomy of Man vs. God gave the movie a serious, almost political edge to it. His motivation wasn't "I would get away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling Superman!", he had a genuine belief and concern that Superman wasn't actually a god from above but a devil from below, and wanted to expose and stop him.

But yes, I can admit he did get kind of cheesy at times, especially the scenes with him and Lois Lane near the end. Then again, the whole ending was clearly rushed and awkwardly paced since they had to jam in Justice League bullshit.

Look, it's not as terrible as some people are making it sound.

However, there's bitterness because there's been confirmed studio interference.

No it doesn't. It's just a black man looking at a woman.

i hope Leto ended up being forgotten to be the joker in the next movie..

the people can't stand his over the top acting

the crew of suicide squad thinks he's an asshole

literally he's begging being kicked in the nuts

you guys are missing the point, this is to make Leto a through psychophat, they build him up to be a main start in the movie, that his method acting was great and then boom, cut out all his scenes, I bet his mom is really freaking out about the trauma her son is going through, this is gonna be a big pay off in the batman movie, just you wait

CHECKED MY NIGGA

Ok, I will watch it later then, without a single expectation. Thanks for the honest answer, user.

You are mistaken the direction they took with the character to the actual acting skills of Eissemberg as that particular elseworld version of Luthor. He did the job fine. Maybe it was the wrong job. But certainly not the wrong actor. He could have made a regular Lex Luthor if he wanted.

(and by particular elseworld I mean the original mad scientist red haired Luthor, its just that you are a fucking casual and only know the bald body builder business man)