I liked Tubbs. That dude fucked.

Is it worth watching?

Pretty based, tb.h.

>produced by Michael Mann
you tell me

because it was less forced and came in proper portions

I still watch reruns of this, my jam

Yeah

Because it was mostly relegated to tokenism and wasn't based on any particular political preaching. The black characters themselves were usually allowed to be individuals with little to no attention paid to their actual race in terms of characterization. Now though whenever you have blacks in a movie or film it's praised endlessly for being so progressive and diverse and how it's a punch to the face of evil white supremacy.

The blatant agenda pushing of the media has done the opposite - it's divided people and turned them racist. Maybe that was the intention? People seemed to care about race and gender a lot less in the 90s. Keenan and Kel and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air were hugely popular shows without anyone needing to praise the prancing niggers. Picture related is one of my favourite shows, and it had a nigger, a nigress, a gook and a queer in the primary cast.

DON'T SWITCH THE BLADE ON THE GUY IN SHADES OH NO

because people in the usa have become so comfortable, that they have to invent shit to be upset about. everything is forced these days, to appease some whiny, privileged cunts. because race relations have been set back 30 years due to constant media propaganda. because the illiterate "gangsta" lifestyle has been glorified in music and film over melanin enhanced people, who actually contribute positively to society. because people are learning from talk shows and bullshit from the internet, instead of taking the time to read books. because, a society divided, is a society more easily controlled.

This thread is on a roll of truth.

It's an

and the emmy for best non-comedic use of jamaican-face is...

Because they constantly worked undercover and obviously having a black dude around helps with that.

Nowadays they'd make that show with Crockett as a chick and Tubbs would be like half-chinese and half-black with some kind of foreign accent and either one or both of them would be gay.

Phil Collins is amazing

He really is, as a musician and songwriter. It was obviously better for Peter Gabriel and Genesis, for Gabriel to leave. Gabriel did better on his own, and Genesis really blossomed without him.

I just love how Lieutenant Acne Scars just scowled at absolutely everyone like they just farted out a burrito.

The show was uneven as there was as many great episodes as there were really really bad ones.

"Erryting iss I-reeeeee mahn."

It actually meant something then. Now they just do it because they don't know how to write so they change the race of a character to get a new dynamic out of it. I get that it can make things identifiable to a larger crowd, but it's pretty lazy and outright divisive. I'm more offended by that than if they actually dealt with real racial issues. Just joshing. I don't really give a shit.

Because social media wasn't exposing you to the hundreds of differing opinions out there in the 80's.

But now every website you go to seems to swing hard one way or another. Maybe because this is an election year, but most likely because so many people have access to the internet now.

It was no different. It's just that there wasn't a world wide web and the same mainstream media which covers up Hillary Clinton's crimes was pushing it as non-controversial. You'd have to visit a bar to get the real everyman opinion of multikult garbage like Miami Vice, because according to the MSM then it was well-accepted and A-OK so that's what """history""" reflects.

Because it wasn't nearly as hamfisted.

I watched the original airing of this series in the 80's, and it never occurred to me that anyone was trying to push a political agenda. It was just a good show in which one of the main characters was black. Not everything is a fucking conspiracy. Sometimes a show is just a show.

You have no idea how the world functioned, or functions now, so stop talking. Your grandparents fucked in the street and took acid so don't think your Pokemon Go app is impressing anyone.

Bbb-buh-but the jews

youtube.com/watch?v=E1o-NWNmQLM

>you'll never get tv like this again

>tfw will never be a mystery solving detective in 80's Miami with a cool theme song

>Genesis really blossomed without him
Damn what an atrocious opinion

true kino.

Tubbs looks like an Italian or Spaniard wearing brown shoe polish.

lol. i knew i'd catch a true genesis fan. i love genesis after gabriel, but lamb is one of the best albums ever made. it was a different band after he left, but still great.

>it never occurred to me that anyone was trying to push a political agenda
Exactly. Working as intended.

You just don't get it, and you never did.

because they were characters who just so happened to be a different skin color.

Reminds me of Rush Hour. There was an actual racial dynamic between Jackie and Chris which made the whole thing pretty entertaining.

There is a new Rush Hour show where everyone is bland as fuck because they don't want to be accused of portraying "racist stereotypes". But 15 years ago that shit was comedy gold.

ywn be nine and receive said theme song as as single (on vinyl) for Christmas again

Different races, like, interacting and coexisting in a film is fine. I don't have any problem with that. Who fucking cares?

The only annoying thing is when it gets obviously tokenistic and then brings constant attention to itself, like it's trying to push a political idea, pushing antagonisms and stirring shit up.

People say that Sup Forums are racists who hate black people in movies - not actually true. They hate the obvious political campaigning happening in movies - like in Ghostbusters.

Nobody had a problem with the character Lucas in Stranger Things, for instance. It didn't make a big deal - or anything - out of his being black, it didn't attack 'white people', etc, it merely depicted good friends. That is how to do it.

Similarly, The Force Awakens. A lot of people here thought it was being tokenistic and pushing SJW multiculuralism really overtly - and it kind of was. And it was a lame movie. But John Boyega's character was fine, he was a likeable, decent character, and not being used to bash anyone over the head... and from what I recall, again, people gave this its due credit and admitted he was fine, and that that turned out alright.

Because nowadays people care more for your skin colour and not for who you are as an individual

Nowadays people are segregating and generalising and put them into groups to push forward an agenda

Individuality is somewhat looked down upon it would seem.

It's funny, I actually hadn't realized Michael Mann himself produced this show. I thought he was brought in for the movie because his aesthetic is so perfect for it. Really want to watch this show now.

Why are you being mean to me? I don't think I like you very much.

TFA was lame because they just rehashed the first movie and because whatsherface was a cardboard cutout character.
I wouldn't mind multikulti propoganda if it was at least entertaining

I saw this vinyl at Goodwill today

Buy it for me

Fuckin' hell.

>America is 13% black
>there are numerous black police officers
>a tv show about cops has a black lead

Oh shit, the Jews are at it again

Because they selected actors who were actually charismatic and filled the roles, not to make some 60 year old cuck cream his boxers.

that's because the media has poisoned peoples' minds against each other. to control them. people are mesmerized by what they read and see on their phones and computers. television was a great means of taming and segregating the masses. phones/computers are 1000x more effective in achieving the same ends.

>grandparents

Somebody is an underage ban.

My grandparents were in the irish revolution.