Sublime and it's lead singer Bradley Nowell died 21 years ago today

Sublime and it's lead singer Bradley Nowell died 21 years ago today

What does Sup Forums think of sublime?

Sublime.

One of the few bands I can honestly say I hate.

I think the songs they have on the radio are good but I listened to their album cuts one time and I couldn't stand them

Not sure if I just don't like the reggae sound or if they're trash but either way I don't like them

DUDE

Nice album cover, man.

Sublime on repeat all day today

I liked their stuff when I was younger , now it sounds annoying to me . Every pasty kid likes this

Criminally underrated by serious listeners. Brad was a real genius and his knack for combining many many genres into cohesive songs is really quite amazing.

Fucking faggot.

Sublime is absolute trash.

40oz to Freedom is a GOAT record. After that they're inconsistent, but that album fucking kills it. Not a bad track on it. Ebin, Chica Me Tipo, Let's Go Get Stoned, What Happened, Date Rape, and KRS-One are all fucking phenomenal tunes

People like to hate on them because they're popular and associated (obviously) with weed culture (not to mention they were everyone's favorite middle school band), but they were a legitimately great band. Third wave ska and ska punk was pretty shit over all but Sublime was definitely a standout act.

I had heard they were shit and a douche bag frat boy band for so long that when I finally listened to 40oz to Freedom I was amazed at how it sounded nothing like what I was expecting. Great Summertime music. The second album was alright but a bit of a mess. The third album sounded more like the first but watered down IMO. Clearly they were trying to be more commercial there.

Either way I can dig their music when I'm in the right mood. I'm not sure I'll ever get the absolute hate for them.

great music for dudes that make the "hang loose" sign when posing for pictures

overrated by normies
underrated by Sup Forums

ignored/forgotten by normies
loved by degenerate plebs
rightfully dismissed by Sup Forums

we would be a lot more open to discussing the band if OP hadn't spammed this thread 10,000 times. i wouldn't be surprised if it's the old twenty one pilot spammer

This

>ignored/forgotten by normies
I live in California and they've still got 6 songs from their self titled album in daily rotation. I can't get away from them or RHCp, definitely not ignored

In my experience only annoying stoners listen to them. Although to be fair,most of those kids only listen to Santeria. Even so, I don't like them personally.

nah, they're pretty good

40oz to freedom is a certified classic

Sublime was pretty good imo. Brad had a great voice and the band knew how to groove. I don't get why people despise them.

you live in california and you heard sublime on the radio. duly noted