An artist releases a noisy track with yelling

>an artist releases a noisy track with yelling
>everyone is comparing it to death grips
why are music fans so shallow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgVlyrupu34
medium.com/@JamesTheFruit2/netstream-vs-mainstream-how-the-internet-created-a-new-breed-of-lamestreamers-ee5a45dbe9c3
youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because majority of Sup Forums and p4k only learned about non pop music thru death grips.

>death grips
>non pop music

he didn't say DG was non pop music
he implied DG is the medium through which non pop music is accessed by plebeians, which is correct

Is this a bait? I honestly can't tell

>he implied some pop music is the medium through which non pop music is accessed by plebeians

Oh look. It's the indie 3/4 view mouth ajar look.

It makes them look mysterious and complicated

pure autism

Better than any thrash punk record

Because most people from here listened to death grips because they wanted to keep up with their internet friends and listen without liking it so it's most likely the hardest thing their virgin ears have ever heard. Why do you think they are listening to Alex g I n the first place? They found him themselves? Hahahahaha

You have a mysterious and complicated way of saying "like they have downs syndrome".

alex g makes better death grips songs than death grips

i found alex g myself back in 2011 and i think that track sounds like death grips. not in the production but in his tone and tempo of vocals

>i think that track sounds like death grips
why not blackie though?
youtube.com/watch?v=UgVlyrupu34

One of them has talent.

yeah and its not alex

sure, death grips and blackie can be grouped together as having a similar sound of noisy, high energy hip hop with angry vocals but that alex g track doesnt sound like blackie, it sounds like it was influenced from death grips. its possible for an artist to have something that sounds influenced from one artist in another genre, but not necessarily the other artists in the genre

I think Death Grips is alright but anytime I met someone who thought they were the best shit ever I stop talking to them about music because the conversations were so boring and awkward...
>pop is so bad
>muh outsider music

On that note, I like Alex G way better, had a chance to meet him and he seems like a really fun individual, excited to see him a 3rd time

>it sounds like it was influenced from a blackie rip-off
so it sounds like blackie, you mean?

because he literally tried to sound like death grips

come on you cant think that death grips is a blackie rip off and nothing more.

B L A C K I E is trash, Death Grips didn't rip him off, they took elements of his sound and implemented it into something actually good.

if anything it sounds like a bass-boosted dalek track with blackie's vocals

this is the answer i was looking for

>they took elements of his sound and implemented it into something actually good.
thats what a rip off IS

>B L A C K I E is trash
true

>Death Grips didn't rip him off
they did though, they sounded exactly like blackie for a long time

>implemented it into something actually good
except it's just as shit

a rip-off is a watered down or completely copied version of an artists output, taking elements of an artist and synthesizing it with other elements to create something new is being influenced by an artist

post some blackie tracks that sound exactly like death grips. also why can there be only one artist who plays a certain type of music? certainly isnt the case with other genres

>completely copied version of an artists output
so... death grips? they literally sound like the more maistream oriented version of blackie

mainstream*

what makes them more mainstream oriented? also sure it sounds similar but not exactly. look at the entirety of their output and live performances and tell me its the same thing. if you dont like death grips im not gonna try to change your mind, i just find it kinda funny that you like one artist but one in the same genre you refuse to like because you think it sounds similar on some tracks. there's clear differences between them, if you dont wanna acknowledge it no one's gonna force you.

>what makes them more mainstream oriented?
the money store

>what makes them more mainstream oriented?
the direction they took is more pop-like

>there's clear differences between them
yes, see above

>look at the entirety of their output and live performances and tell me its the same thing
no, it's not, see above

>i just find it kinda funny that you like one artist but one in the same genre you refuse to like because you think it sounds similar on some tracks
i literally never implied that i like blackie you brainlet, i dislike him almost as much as i dislike death grips, but death grips is a rip-off project so i respect them even less

what about government plates?or niggaz on the moon? or hot head? an artist is more than 1 album. not by any means trying to say they're underground because they're definitely not. but to see their entire material, live show, and visual output is mainstream oriented than you're being a bit shortsighted. idk what your concept of mainstream is tho. if its anything thats above obscurity than you're probably right, but mainstream in my opinion is shit like top 40, trap rappers, household names.
i think your definition of pop is warped. try playing almost any dg track besides get got or ive seen footage for people who listen to taylor swift and 21 pilots and let me know how it goes. if youre gonna spend your time arguing about artists you dont like you live a petty life

>idk what your concept of mainstream is tho.
here u go educate yourself
medium.com/@JamesTheFruit2/netstream-vs-mainstream-how-the-internet-created-a-new-breed-of-lamestreamers-ee5a45dbe9c3

>an artist releases a noisy track with yelling
>everyone calls it genius
why are death grips fans so shallow?

this is massively autistic

>calling the king of indie hipster runoff
>autistic
hi newfag

your definition of pop is the most narrow definition of pop possible, i see you're new to music
>try playing almost any dg track besides get got or ive seen footage for people who listen to taylor swift and 21 pilots and let me know how it goes
I was on a party where some fedora metalfag decided to play something from NOTM, nobody was complaining because this music is not as alien as you think

all the band does is rehashing some "edgy" music genres from the 90s (industrial hip-hop, digital hardcore, gabber, rap rock, nu-metal, grime (though the last one is from 2000s)) and unlike some of the predecessors i named all the death grips music is a bit more pop based but for some reason it's considered avantgarde now

It's like considering Grimes avantgarde, she literally does the same thing but with the "sweet" genres (dream pop, ethereal wave, alternative dance, electropop, chamber pop)

>ry playing almost any dg track besides get got or ive seen footage for people who listen to taylor swift and 21 pilots and let me know how it goes.
you realize deftones, soad and slipknot exist right?
youtube.com/watch?v=CSvFpBOe8eY
this was super popular back in the day. and more edgy than any dg song

>NOTM
I actually meant NLDW, it was before NOTM got released

I straight up hate pretty much most hip-hop, I'm just drawn to death grips because I really like Zach's Drumming and the production on their tracks, with the overall aesthetic they manage with Ride's vocals and the elctronics. Their albums are mixed in a way I genuinely find interesting and they have farm more energy than any of the schlocky gangsta rap in your staple Sup Forumscore charts.

Seeing all these posts about Blackie I decided to give ALL CAPS WITH SPACES /// WARCHILD and My Windows a listen and honestly it's fucking trash. The same leitmotif repeated throughout the entire track with absolutely no variation and mind numbingly anemic production and instrumentation, there's so little going on the tracks lose me 40 seconds in. Not to mention vocally he just sounds like a discount DMX. What's some of his better stuff?

don't expect him to be as friendly as Death Grips
listen to Spred Luv if you want to hear what Death Grips ripped off
listen to Gen if you want to hear something new, this thing is on the whole another level

Yeah I know who Carles is and and HRO but I don't let him dictate my world view into categories. Why would you post him and say educate yourself? His whole thing is a joke

ahh offended netstreamer . carry on

kek

I don't consider death grips avant-garde grade, and I already said I don't consider them undernground. But if you think their music is the same thing as mainstream music then you're wrong. Among people who actively listen to music they're known for sure but I don't consider that mainstream. Also to not really rehashing those genres, it's combining them to make something new

Yeah I do, but that's an entirely different market and sound. I'm not denying that edgy sounds can't be popular, bit does that make every group who uses them and has a following mainstream? I really don't think so

you would be hard pressed to find someone between ages 15-25 who doesnt know death grips tho?

Will do King Tism

>don't expect him to be as friendly as Death Grips
For all the praise ITT I was expecting something interesting. What exactly do you mean by "friendly"?
I'm also not sure who this "Gen" is. Mind sharing a link?

No I wouldn't be hard pressed, the majority of people in that age bracket don't know dg and I would bet a lot on that.

>alex g thread
>turns into dg general
everytime

Real world and the internet are two separate things you fucking idiot. Have you ever actually participated in live conversation with people or have you wasted so much of your life away shitposting on a Taiwanese sock puppet forum that you've become completely out of touch with reality?

maybe i just live in a certain bubble i go to art school and live in a "hip" city. i dont think i interact with anyone on a regular basis who doesnt at least know what death grips is

Dem quads. But you are right, the DG shilling truly never ends and it's gotten very fucking annoying after all this time

Why do people shit on dg for not being avant garde or weird enough when they never claimed they were in the first place? Its like youre not allowed to make the music you want unless it adheres to a current popular scene. Not to mention those same people circljerk over alex g cause its hot shit rn as if theyre not gonna turn on them once the the next fotm catches on just like with dg circa 2014

alex g has always been shit tho

>art school

There really isn't much of a bigger bubble than this

death grips have actually stated in an interview that they are aiming to make pop

>What strikes you on first listen is how utterly accessible Exmilitary is. While it might not be what you term pop music, the songs are consistently catchy. Was there a conscious effort towards remaining exoteric? The avant labels like Def Jux and Anticon have seldom released anything quite as undeniable.

>That’s a conscious thing on our part. We write with popular structure in mind. We make universal music and universal songs.