Write show about a smart liberal progessive son in law and his dumb bigoted father in law

>write show about a smart liberal progessive son in law and his dumb bigoted father in law
>people actually love the father in law more and the hippie son is only there for Archie to rip on

is there any other show like this that had a complete opposite reaction then intended

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7dKpHtc9F9M
youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People like him because he's funny - not because they necessarily agree with him.

Childhood is admiring Mike.

Adulthood is realizing he was a meathead.

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=7dKpHtc9F9M

Does this count?

Yeah, that's called charisma. In many cases, it can sway or shape someone's opinion, specially in cases where the person didn't have their own point of view prior.

Archie would be a "SJW" with pol's standards

Archie was not always right nut didnt act like a faggot. Meathead always acted like a huge faggot.

>and you polaks are meatheads...

Archie was right about everything.

Ron Swanson was supposed to be the Archie Bunker in Parks.

Al Bundy was the Archie Bunker, Steve and Marcy were his progressive foils.

Rorschach was supposed to be hated for "conservative" values, but everyone loved him. Ozy was the pinnacle of progressive doctrine, but ended up looking ineffectual.

I believe Alec Baldwins character in 30 rock was this archetype as well, but everyone ended up loving the character.

We were actually supposed to root for the traitor cripple and the blue cats to destroy humanity and then have carbon neutral tail sex with each other while celebrating their stagnant hunter gatherer lifestyle.

James Cameron must have disappeared up his own asshole.

Marcy was also a Married With Children writer and director and I'm 100% certain she intended her character to be a shrill nemesis to Al.

Watchmen is dead on though. Alan Moore was furious that readers liked Rorscach so much.

Reverse example: I appreciate that after the Bush administration ended, Brian turned from an intellectual voice of reason that was always right about everything into a shallow, manipulative, self aggrandizing flake with no sincere beliefs aside from getting laid and appearing more educated than he is.

Archie's reply to Gloria regarding suicide and gun control. "Would you rather they jumped out of windows little girl?"

Is there anything that doesn't infuriate Alan Moore?

I think that man may have the converted title of the biggest cunt in the world.

I'm not a Sup Forums faggot in the slightest, but all in the family was a great show

youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI

>is there any other show like this that had a complete opposite reaction then intended

Married with Children was intended to make fun of dysfunctional families, but it only promoted that kind of degeneracy.

COPS was intended to make people like cops and hate criinals, but it ended up making people hate cops and sympathize with criminals.

Simpsons was intended to make fun of stupid fathers, but it only glamorized them.

Basically, everything FOX does backfires.

>Rorschach was supposed to be hated for "conservative" values, but everyone loved him. Ozy was the pinnacle of progressive doctrine, but ended up looking ineffectual.
>ozy
>ineffectual

is this the make shit up about stuff I haven't seen or read general?

its epic! people will be forced to reply and I can feel like I'm a master manipulator! They'll give me attention too!!

For all his planning and scheming, were pretty much told it won't make a difference. And yet it will all be undone by Rorschachs journal.

Pretty much defines ineffectual. Ozy was peak humanity, and still couldnt make a difference.

We will never see their kind again.

So I take it you only watched the movie.

Its okay, I know reading is hard.

>Avatar came out in 2009
>15 years ago

>moving goalposts, the post
>Sup Forums board

And now you're hiding behind accusations of barely understood logical fallacies. Fantastic.

You'd better relent or you're going to have one recked anus.

Nigga, I'm so starved for something resembling actual discussion on Sup Forums that I'm responding to your phoneposting ass, in desperate hope you'll be able to concentrate on one thing long enough to post something resembling intelligent (or, at least, discussable) thought.

"'Til Death Us Do Part".. the british comedy that All in the Family was an american copy of. Alf Garnett was supposed to be a racist figure of ridicule. unfortunately a lot of brits agreed with him.

I haven't read the comics in decades so I can't recall all the ins and outs of any of it.

The original British version that All in the family was based on.

>unfortunately