youtube.com/watch?v=QPDQfEcnDdg
youtube.com/watch?v=GjXWtEqs8I4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Definitely that one
Or anything by The National

95% of Sup Forumscore

true that

literally anything labelled as "indie" from 2000 onwards

Most "art rock", not only Wilco fits this honestly.

Beatles
Beach Boys
TVU
Bowie
Eno
Pink Floyd around DSOTM
Radiohead
Coldplay
the list goes on

>inb4somebody cites the occasional "out there" track some of these guys wrote while ignoring the majority of their discography

I don't know what happened after the end of the 90s, but indie back then felt more colorful

Also their worst

Nah, it was still noisy guitar stuff and folk groups back then as well.

This album felt pretty dull the first time but it's actually very dense. If it never clicks, you probably have a shit tier attention span.

Most 70s soft rock. I really enjoy Fleetwood Mac but there's no denying their the plain white bread or rock music.

All of their albums are bland.

I still like it though

This. I never get bored of it cause I can always focus my attention on something different on the album; sometimes it's Tweedy's voice, sometimes the arrangements, sometimes the drums, or a lyric...

>I know I would die if I could come back new

This album has a god tier opener and a god tier closing streak

you could've posted literally any album of hers that came before this. what do you expect? avant-garde shit?

beyonce took banal and unoffensive to new heights with her two latest albums though

(it's the pretension)

can't do more inoffensive than that

Probably something like Steely Dan

Let's be real, all of the albums posted so far are marginally interesting in some way

Make it through 10 minutes of this

youtube.com/watch?v=QPDQfEcnDdg

I know blackies hate it, but your average normie would be just as repulsed by this as they would by more "accepted" black metal.

doesn't change the fact that it is extremely safe and basic.
Plus the average normie would be repulsed by King Crimson for fuck's sake

Anything by the bands Train or Maroon 5.

Everything Muse.

youtube.com/watch?v=GjXWtEqs8I4

Origin Of Symmetry is still a great album

All of real estate. Dream pop/indie shit. Atlas was the same thing

No

bands like real estate killed rock music

Play yankee hotel foxtrot to an actual normie and see how unoffensive it is

this. Goddamn this is some real boring ass dadrock shit.
Why the fuck do people say they were heavily influenced by country and krautrock and Jim O'Rourke and stuff??

Uh because they were? A Ghost Is Born has more of the krautrock influence though. An entire genre and music magazine was named after Tweedy's former band.

Also YHF was literally mixed by Jim O'Rourke

This. It took a few listens, but when the album clicked it, you just appreciate how much stuff they put into this album. Definitely a comfy Autumn album.

tl;dr

you literally got it right OP.

good thread.

>muh you just dont get it

>ITT: People who are musically illiterate

how can you say this?

it was his only album that was actually worth listening to because it tried to do something other than be the comfortable beatles sound people wanted to pretend was worth listening to with decent production.

radiohead.

it is even mediocre for normies. the only ones that cling to it and think it is good are the sorts that could be best described as 'wet blankets'.

Unironically this

>mixed by Jim O'Rourke and largely written while Tweedy n O'Rourke toured because he loved his work and wanted his help producing and then asked him to help shape the entire album because he was so pleased with the results o their first completed track together
>not heavily influenced by Jim O'Rourke
up 2 u i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯