Defend this shit because I see no merit in it

Defend this shit because I see no merit in it

Drone music,[2][3] drone-based music,[4] or simply drone, is a minimal music genre[5] that emphasizes the use of sustained or repeated sounds, notes, or tone-clusters – called drones. It is typically characterized by lengthy audio programs with relatively slight harmonic variations throughout each piece. La Monte Young, one of its 1960s originators, defined it in 2000 as "the sustained tone branch of minimalism".[6]

It sounds nice (to me), although if you really don't like it don't force yourself to like it for the approval of a javanese sheep-herding forum

what's a bad drone album

one that doesn't sound good

it is the atmosphere it creates.

it is a soundscape.

it absorbs me.

the only problem with it is finding the time to listen to the whole thing cover to cover.

(OP) bought a vinyl blindly and am trying to justify my lost $20

It's just a really good drone album, probably top 3 of all time for me. If you don't enjoy it, that's just you I guess.

bump

Phat tones
Juicy riffs

You're living on it.

damn...

fuck

BWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OP, I like drone a lot but I think this album is shit. It never clicked for me, I like earths later stuff but this sound that imitates slayer riffs is just super duper shitty, boring and doesnt sound good. IMO

You said it perfectly

so what is a good drone album in your opinion?

are you a fan of drone music? if not, do you understand drone music? if not, is your favorite band muse?

(OP) I'm actually not going to argue with you bc the fact that you referenced Drones is fucking hilarious

bump

the vinyl is really cheap and a very fun listen

I dunno

are you listening to it on speakers and extremely loud? not that this is the only way to appreciate it, i love this album on headphones, but it definitely helps one understand the appeal

anyway, it's one of those albums that's very difficult to "explain" since it's basically one distinct thing that you either like or don't
the riffs are menacing and enveloping, create a totally mesmeric trance-like state whenever you really sit down and dive into it
if you're new to drone metal try some of boris' stuff first maybe, amp worship specifically

or maybe it's just not your thing

>Absolutego
>shit
pick one

Play it LOUDER

i made that chart as a joke but actually absolutego is by far my least favorite droney boris album
maybe i should revisit it though