Ctrl F "planetarium"

>Ctrl F "planetarium"

No planetarium thread?
Discuss the new leak and the older bootlegs.

Leak here: mega.nz/#F!52IEgawB!RO3Mpo4m55cbE2S3KNCloQ

AOTY and Sufjan's best work to date.

Is this legit? Why aren't more people going crazy?

because i have a job you neet.

I enjoyed it. I don't know if it was the wisest for Planetarium to be my first album from Sufjan to listen too, but I'm glad I did.

is the album pretty much a continuation of the two singles already released? if so i don't think I'll enjoy it

its great

2nd half of mars is kinda meh, but I loved the rest

It was not wise.

Seven Swans, Illinois, Age of Adz and Carrie and Lowell are all great with AoA being closest to Planetarium.

First few listens in and I'm a little underwhelmed. Hopefully I'll come around to it after a few more tries, but I cringe every time Sufjan uses electronics to fuck with his voice.

pluto is the best track

This

you should give it a listen anyway , you may like some tracks

Age of Adz, is the more close, but this is very different compared to most of his work

it's because mu hates new music and actually talking about music

2017 thread is dead within 20 replies but there's 2-3 threads about hot chicks and taylor swifts legs, and a thousand about 70s rock.

this isn't good.

A O T Y
O
T
Y

It's a sad day for sure.

Doesn't live up to the live cuts IMO.

Jupiter, Venus, Pluto, and The Earth all are great. Neptune, Mercury, and Uranus are just OK. The rest can be scrapped, they're mostly just directionless.

but i really enjoyed uranus

I have a 9-5 job now it blows ass.
Will listen when I get home, hype on 10 tbqh

This album is pure beauty, I can't believe Sufjan finally dropped his magnum opus with this album.

Methodist summer camp
You show me yours, show you mine
Sensitive thunderclap
Slip beneath sleeping bag, sigh
Run, radiator, run
Redheaded, horny-eyed friend

Listening to the first time now. This was the only album that could potentially compete with Crack Up as AOTY and it is actually up there so far. As long as the second half of the album isn't shit then I'm gonna have a tough time choosing my AOTY

Giving the first listen and I'm really liking it. Sufjan is our golden boy.

>the rest can be scrapped, they're mostly just directionless
Jesus imagine being this pleb

Anyone else getting a lot of crackles on Mercury?

No, maybe its your version?

This album is incredible, it's absolutely *stellar*

Some sound engineer at 4AD lost his fuckin job just cuz a dude on Sup Forums wrote a sob story about his friend moving away.

Which one do you think is better? I loved Crack Up and haven't listened to Planetarium

Maybe it is. Gonna download the OP version. Thanks

Crack Up is absolutely amazing. I can't honestly judge off one listen but Planetarium is pretty good. They are different so depending on your tastes Planetarium may or may not be great.

What are you talking about?

proof he lost his job?

I want proof on that user, also nice numbers.
One of the threads yesterday had someone asking for a leaked version and someone dropped it. The user was considered a saint, since we would of had to wait till June 9th to listen to this wonderful music.

In the original leak thread, the leaker said he did it because some user said he wanted to listen to the album before his friend moved away.

I feel pretty much the same way. I'm not done yet (listening to Mars right now), but if I do, it'll be my first full Sufjan. I listened to Illinoise a little, but it didn't click at all. I think it's a 7 so far.

sure he did

I had VERY low expectations of this after the shitty Saturn single and the very meh Mercury single. Saturn is still shit but Mercury makes so much more sense in the context of this album. Almost tore up when Earth ended and Mercury kicked in....

goddamn this album is amazing except for fucking Saturn, what were they thinking

This is The Age of ADZ part. 2.

AOTY.

Will I like this if I wasn't a huge fan of the first single?

If you're into Age of Adz kinda weirdness, try the first two tracks and you'll be hooked

I know people say it's like Age of Adz, but I feel like this album is similar to stuff on Silver & Gold by Suf.

>tbqh

Can't listen right now but thanks for the link m80. How are the other tracks? The singles seemed pretty meh

like nothing you've ever heard before, the singles were intentionally misleading. This album is obviously a masterpiece, and I'm only on my fourth listen.
Get it. NOW.

won't fool me this time Aaron Ellis

I'm kind of lukewarm on this, but I felt the same way about Age of Adz, and now its my favorite album.

>SPOON-FEED ME, I'M A FUCCBOI

it takes advanced listeners at least a month to decide on how you feel about a album.

it takes me over six months to even listen to an album fully, about 10 years to decide how I feel about it.

no it's not. completely different

god fucking damn this is good