I don't understand why this is better than any other pop rap album. can anyone elaborate?

i don't understand why this is better than any other pop rap album. can anyone elaborate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ty3CqxVxvw0
youtube.com/watch?v=len0zRQzMDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TgXL20IoyHM
youtube.com/watch?v=1rr0TtBVPGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No but I like it

Like. This.

I could elaborate but it's not worth the effort

i like it, too. i didn't mean to insinuate that i didn't. it's good, i just don't understand all the praise.

Tbh heard about it's meaning on npr, sort of lost hope.

watch a melon head review.

dude is so fucking overrated

only half the songs are good. and even those have shitty lyrics.
alpha is better.
youtube.com/watch?v=ty3CqxVxvw0

Compared to what other hip hop album this year does "Damn" even look a little bit bad?

It's on so many levels it's pretty exhausting to explain exactly why it's amazing. Most of it is just the concepts that Kendrick introduces to the tracks.

the constant well produced beat switches sound
bangin too

DNA is pretty much the anger coming out at that Fox reporter who said he's the reason why there's so much crime. You hear clips of the exact broadcast so it just comes off as Kendrick bodying some dude on the first track of his album for saying something like that

This is gonna be a classic, in my opinion. Remembered for a long time. Kendrick totally changed his persona (Kung Fu Kenny) and his dropping in so much more subliminal shit for the real hip hop fans to dig into.

GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME SOME GANJA

see

I mean you can't really point out a bad song on this record maybe some sounds you don't really like, he obviously shows mass diversity switching through trap beats, using auto tune, and different flows. Also obviously no struggle bars or uninteresting lines from kdot as usual. Solid project for me but maybe not tpab tier

YAH. is a bad song; no denying it.

I heard the DNA track and it was disappointing horse shit to me.

All it was was "BLACK PEOPLE GET KILLED BY POLICE A LOT" with a generic beat.

Only heard it once and didn't finish it but I was expecting a lot better.

I think this is the key, it's just objectively good.

There aren't exactly any "errors", just different flows and concepts. Some you may like, some you may not. I know people who's favorite tracks are all completely different (besides DNA and Element), and so it just seems like it speaks to them in a way it doesn't to me.

>listening to nigger music

long-running hype train of people wanting this generation's tupac/biggie, who themselves are dickridden by casuals who can't explain why they like them

that said it's a really good album, probably like his third best behind OD and GKMC, only has like two or three songs i don't like. XXX is incredible, element reminds me of an old, genuine kenny, yah and feel sound like isaiah rashad's greatness has rubbed off on him.

not much to be dissatisfied with in the album but yeah of course his dickriders are gonna think it's genius for reasons they can't explain.

Symbolically it represents that all the "gangsta" shit the fox news guy was talking about is in his DNA, he can't get away from who he is and where he came from. News guy probably grew up rich, and kendrick preaches peace but still has those roots in compton that will never go away, all the while his previous records preached peace and love (Alright) and some reporter says he's the one responsible for all black crime. Explains the anger.

don't think he mentions police actually killing them that much, the song doesn't really revolve around police, more around him

>no struggle bars
>show me something natural like ass with some stretch marks

I really don't think this qualifies as pop rap. pop rap would be more like...macklemore or something.

>implying that this album wasn't the high water mark of rap music
>implying that anything released by any artist before or since has even approached this album's quality and staying power

If, in 2033, people are still blasting Kendrick Lamar music out of their self-driving electric cars, and Kendrick Lamar is a billionaire, you can come back here and tell me I was wrong.

DUDE
HEADPHONES
LMAO

DNA goes hard as fuck, what the fuck are you talking about it's the opposite of pop

It's not. Worst kdot album by far.

Goddamn if this is people's reason for an album being good music has gone to absolute shit.
First off political preaching/ranting/dissing and "subliminal shit" is not reason for an albums quality. This shit ended the day Bob Dylan ended it by going electric and essentially denouncing his early work. It isn't cool or smart it's false and anti-art.

Secondly If it's "exhausting" to explain why music is good then it isn't good music, everyone knows the greatest works of art are the ones that are simple to explain.

Then when you actually do mention the actual music (in like 7 words) you simply say "the beat switches sound". What the fuck? Good vibrations happened like 60 years ago and a fucking beat switching sounds is still a sign of a "classic" album?

Music is fucking dead until society gets out of its club-drug "banger" phase and starts listening to music again.

You're looking at it very oversimplified
He even says "This is why I say that hip hop has done more damage to young African Americans than racism in recent years"

And then he says

You ain't shit without a body on your belt
You ain't shit without a ticket on your plate
You ain't sick enough to pull it on yourself
You ain't rich enough to hit the lot and skate
Tell me when destruction gonna be my fate
Gonna be your fate, gonna be our faith
Peace to the world, let it rotate
Sex, money, murder—our DNA

It's not about racism you retard it's about the black community destroying itself because they're led to believe you ain't hard unless you kill people and do crimes because of gangs
Read more into the lyrics you shitlord

I'm not trying to debate it, I admit that was a low-effort comment.

>billionaire

Not nearly his best work but its ok. Theres a lot of shitty songs

I'm actually curious: are there any hip hop artists who are individualists that create art or do they all just complain about how their community sucks?

logic

this is what the problem for me is
it just seems like he is going backwards
talking about all this bad shit and bringing it up over and over again isn't going to make it better
his previous albums seemed like they had such a good message, and now he's just trying to go back to the hood

>also Eminem
im seeing a pattern

nigger music is shit OP
also antony phantano is a liberal cuck faggot and you should stop sucking his dick

What's the difference?

Again, I didn't listen that hard you sperg. Everything about it disappointed me so I kind of tuned out.

If what you say is what he said, then fine, lyrically it's good.

But either way, the beat disappointed me.

You're exactly right, that's why the album is good. This is the first track on the album, over the course of it he progressively changes the style to more larger message then going back to the hood.

do you mean "than" going back to the hood?
because "then" going back to the hood is a completely different meaning

rap music is mostly garbage but it's not nearly as bad as the people that worship it

How profound to rap into the break of dawn
So they can hear and know it's on
If the flow is strong it's smart
If you're stupid it's not art

There's literally a conspiracy theory where kendrick wants you to play the album backwards to get the real message, going from a "savior" to an aggressive dominant intimidating motherfucker in DNA.

No,
Do you listen to his music?

yeah, meant than. It progressively goes from hard songs like DNA and Element to more complex personal shit that can get deep at times. Slow songs, etc.

Who even is it?

KUNG FU KENNY

So I'm guessing you never heard of mf doom

here's his demographic:
youtube.com/watch?v=len0zRQzMDQ

>starts at 2:19

>hip hop / rap
>art

pick one

Nice, I was kind of hoping he just went by 'DAMN.'

Shit rapper
Very inspirational but hasn't made anything really groundbreaking since he did that album with Royce da 5'9"
He's already been on top of the game though so i guess he feels he did everything he wanted to do already

>implying metalfags are much better

shieeet sound so goood dawg

he like illuminati or some shiet

yo feel me

he soo gooood

All of the exciting funk and jazz influences from TPAB are gone, the incredible storytelling and track sequencing of GKMC is gone. Ayy 10/10 best new music

>"MMMMMMMMMMMMM OK OK OK"
>"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
>"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN"
>"WHATS GOING ON"

>pop rap

you already fucked up OP. Just leave it alone, you won't understand shit even if someone explains it to you.

XXX, LOYALTY, DUCKWORTH, FEAR, and HUMBLE are very good tracks imo but playboi carti released the tape so im kinda distarcted by that

>BE HUMBLE
>BE HUMBLE
>BE HUMBLE
>BE HUMBLE
>BE HUMBLE

And you're all saying this is GOAT material?
Gtfo

*distracted, sorry about that typo.

i hate his voice.
fuck this cunt.
terrible rapper. id rather listen to j.cole each day than this screechy voice cunt.
also, op are you bamanboi?

If you wanna talk beats then talk Drake
We're discussing Kendrick, one of the few mainstream rappers that does not need a hard ass beat to stay relevant

did we listen to the same album?

the best part is the average deluted white liberal faggot doing mental gymnastics to make it look like he's above the general gangsta-nigger
and his song hold some kind of deep meaning,
that you will never understand obviously.

2deep4 le white boiiii

no, you listened to the sound of black dick going up your ass.

at least metalfags don't spam on almost every social media platform with brain-dead lingo about how 'real' they are. I hate them with a passion but they're better than edm-pop at least

Kendrick is more conceptual imo

THIS

DAS RITE

PLAYING GUITAR AND DRUMS AINT GOT SHIEET ON THIS SICK RAP VERSES BRUH

How can you ask that? Imagine if the Beatles just wrote about white racism. The idea of a "community's" social and political standing is an entirely intellectual concept and literally the antithesis to art, which is subjective, emotional expression.

His song drank is really smooth and not screechy at all

you sound retarded so even surface value shit is too deep for you, go read a book or help someone with their homework or something, goddamn.

Gimme gimme gimme

Yo Yoo Yoo

Dat Dat Aks Aks

Lemme change how you say a word cus I haf do

I will say wonderfowl so I can make it flow wif basketbowl

Yet neither word exists. Fucking Rap.

Fucking talentless shit. It is like the soccer of music. Very few actual moments of real talent, 99+% pure poor mans lie. Now, there is some good rap, but like most, it came early on. Now it is fucktards looking to fuck a kardasian and be on tmz. Blacks gods are Kanye and Jay-z, pathetic. And every white fucking kid who eats that shit up and is part of the 'hip hopification' of American culture should be shot. Blacks are 12% of the population. Why do they get 60% of the focus? Hmmm.

If I was Asian I would be pissed. Not to mention Latino Americans.

SHIEEEEEEEEET DAWG

MUST SMOKE SOME OF THAT WEEED YO

420 BRUH!!!

you also think death grips are a great band right ?

I fucking love drank. but the rest? like humble? terrible.
maybe I listen to shit music, but i can not stand new kendrick.

holy fuck are you autistic im genuinely asking

>death grips
>band
>stale weed jokes

seriously go to bed. you've taken too many losses tonight.

MUH HIGHLY INTELLECTUAL NIGGERS

MUH DEEEPER MESSAGE

Y-YOU SIMPLY DONT UNDERSTAND !!!

retardo-nog, this music sounds like shit only because all the kids around you listen to it doesnt make it better.

ok like some of what youre saying i get but rap requires plenty of talent, most of them are retarded oafs but the good ones do put what they genuinely feel into music. it just happens to always be about weak-minded sensualist ideals. sex drugs pride etc. they aren't as bad as the 15-21 yr old white kids that try to fit in

not even that guy but please shut up i can't take this stupidity

Here's your (you)

you're right my friend
but you're only on the tip of the iceberg
keep digging!

Anybody listen to the new joey bada$$ album? Imo its way better than damn. Pretty much every song is a banger

>not liking nigger noises sold as """"""music""""""
>stupid

hello pleddit you triggered ?

go back to the antony-fag-phantano sub so you can circlejerk each other into thinking that shitty artists make great music and that only you are the special snoflake with higher IQ to actually get it !!!!!1

mate that's the stupid new school brain dead poser shite.
a lot of old school rappers would use actual instruments during live shows and shit

Because it's Kendrick. The best damn music composer of all time.

no, he's not

youtube.com/watch?v=TgXL20IoyHM

HE'S RIGHT CRACKAS LOOK AT THIS

HE SO GOOOD OMG

METALFAGS AINT GOT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

No but honestly, Kendrick is good, but I prefer J. Cole or Joey Bada$$ simply because their music is much easier to relate to than Kendrick. Kdot is always going to be a legend though

I'm guessing you use to be that faggot kid on YouTube that would comment on heavy metal songs "90% of teens like hip hop and pop music nowadays, like this comment if you're a teenager and you're the 10% born in the wrong generation"

OH FUCK YOU RITE

THIS IS THE PINNACLE OF MUSIC!!!!

NIGGA NOT EVEN MOZCART OR SHIT EVA REAHCED THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=1rr0TtBVPGA

Hm? go listen to Kendrick's good kid mad city. thats the only good shit.

J Cole is very relatable because it's almost like he has no personality. I can't listen to rappers like that, i like them to have at least a little bit of madness that makes them stick out.

replace heavy metal w/ Black Veil Brides, Pierce the Veil and Sleeping With Sirens.

Dude you replied to here. Hey, being a wordsmith is a talent I understand that certainly. Poetry is a form of art in itself. Music, same of course. And I do say there is some talent and a few a lot of talent out there. But, 99% is not that. Rap is the most nepotismatic fucking industry out there other than the Trump family.
Seriously, it is like, yo DuQwan, how you doin, you wanna be a rapper, can you say yo yo yo, what up? Yeah? Awesome, your now a rapper.
Any motherfucker can be a rapper...any mother fucker. Now whether you are good or not, that's another thing, but ANYONE can be a rapper.
You seen that Taco Bell commercial, the one about how Taco Bell gives back, scholarships, and it is that white kid rapping his taco bell thank you rap, yeah, that is the shit I am talking about. Fucking cringe.

i said old school rappers, not fucking degenerates

Haha thats some hardcore shit man thats the dope im so edgy haha andy sixx log anyone

i habent listened but kemdrick has always been overrated trash, wouldnt expect anything else. Hes kinda dumb too imo. and corny. I think itsj just that white ppl like it.