Why the hate? Really felt comfy and the cast was great

Why the hate? Really felt comfy and the cast was great.

>quads

impressive, very nice

i loved it.

fucking love this movie Sup Forums probably hates it cuz they didnt have any fun in college

this movie is the closest anyone has come to representing what college is really like
My life almost exact but no baseball, instead frat

i agree. i lived off campus in a big party house, but had friends in frat houses. this hits the nail on the head, in a heartfelt way. i know it's easy to hate on frat people, but we all have cliques and groups we bond with. this movie does a great job of portraying this.

I lived in my frats satellite house as a pledge because they needed some extra people to move in (took over a house that got kicked off the year before)
went to so many theme parties and different scenes, including baseball, football, volleyball, sorority parties, GDI's (like you lol)
it was the most fun time ever and this film encapsulated it beautifully
based Linklater finally made the perfect film to connect with me

Most of the complaints from people seem to be about a lack of real story/focus.

Which is weird because the story was really simple in a bunch of college kids trying to figure themselves out and going about their days.

that's the real message behind the film. college kids figuring out who they are, growing into adulthood. there doesn't have to be a plot. just enjoy the ride. it's one of the best times in your life, and you never get to relive it.

That guy did though. He was 30 and just bumming it up with frats.

He was a good pitcher.

you can't relive it in your youth. that's what i was saying. you can go to college all your life, but it will never be same as when you break free from your parents and get your first taste of real freedom.

I know
that's why its so amazing and most people won't get it
just a few days lookin into the life
show the glory days how they really were, add a waifu who reminded me of my college gf
no deeper message

exactly. no deep insights here. just a warm snapshot of a few days in the life of people just starting to figure out who they are.

which is what dazed and confused was about more or less but with high school kids.

>people wanted some sort of "big game" against the rival team at the end of the movie

plebs should be in jail

Nah they also wanted Jake to have some problem with Beverly and win her back in some grand fashion.

Man i really liked how they did the look for the parties, clothes, and clubs. Looked like a fun time back then.

I almost was cast in Bad News Bears when I was a kid and met Linklater .I had two auditions and then three weeks later I was called to show up at Anaheim Stadium randomly with like fifty other kids. He threw a ball to me which I caught and got to keep. Chill dude.

Extremely mediocre.

It's like - I wish there was a way for this to exist as a short subject. It's really good at re-creating a time and place, but is absolutely pointless as a feature film.

I don't know, my opinion might change. It's like a non-fiction Frederick Wiseman movie;

>Baseball House

It's the expectation of seeing something interesting narrative wise, or a subject chosen with a purpose.

This is more like a documentary re-creation.

Literally a Slice Of Life pic.

Of a very uninteresting life.

But it's hard to outright fault it, because what it set out to do;

>Show you one week in the life of a kid at baseball house in the 1970's

It did perfectly.

Failed to perform on the casting couch?

Only a raw dog could hate this movie.

Wasn't dark enough to be cast as a Hispanic kid, I just had a beach tan

racists

Were you guys as big a douchebags as the guys in the movie?

Nah but it's just the way it is son. Stop being so thin-skinned.

Linklater directed the remake? I did not know that. So everybody wants some is not his worst after all.

it was great how the movie made you anticipate a conflict that never came. like when they meet jake's high school friend and go to a punk party and they just love it

Stop living in denial. Everybody hated your sorry ass

Trailer was really bad and unfunny.

Actors were too old and those fake hairdos were ridiculous

So...I'm guessing yes

>thinking the guys in the movie were douchebags
Oh, so you were the sole member of the Sonic fanclub at your high school huh?

was it mandatory to know how to dance in the 70s? Everyone seemed to know how to get down

How where they douchebags
Good guys having good times doing nothing wrong

>tfw my life will never be like that