I have psoriasis and am too embarrassed to get a haircut. What should I do? FYI haven't gotten a haircut for a year

I have psoriasis and am too embarrassed to get a haircut. What should I do? FYI haven't gotten a haircut for a year

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/tp/hair-clippers
psoriasis.org/treating-psoriasis/complementary-and-alternative/herbal-remedies
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

head and shoulders, faggot

Why are you ashamed of it? It's not your fault that you have it. You just have to find a way to live normally with it.

Damn dude you must get some seriously huge flakes...take pics I wanna see

I bpught my own set of clipper cause i was tired of paying FOBs at supercuts 20$ to make me look like a sperged out man child.
Just by some clippers and look into the mirror and chop it off. If it turns out bad wear a hat for a couple of weeks.
Just quit throwing your money away to immigrants to ruin the your appearnce. Go ruin the appearance of people in your own faggot country!

Ew, kill yourself you diseased vagrant.

I have psoriasis in the eyebrows. Literally have to get a needle and pick the skin flakes out. It's 100% satisfying though.

Tea tree shampoo then put olive oul on your head before bed. Yeah i know.

I have low self esteem and feel uncomfortable when someone cuts my hair. Because of that i feel the whoever is cutting my hair might think I have dandruff and that I am unhygienic

Stop taking hot showers and use head and shoulders.

I keep mine under control this way

Coal Tar based shampoo. Use twice per wash- once to remove product/quickly clean, the 2nd time leave it in for 5 mins. Use a hair brush gently on your scalp to loosen the flakes so they are removed faster. Do this for 1-2 weeks, and you'll see a massive improvement. Dont scrub with the brush- its not a race.

After the 1-2 weeks, use a moisturising shampoo- coal tar shampoo isnt the nicest stuff, so itll feel good just to use.

Go get your hair cut. There will still be flakes/patches of growth, but not as bad as before. Get it cut short- UV rays also helps treat the symptoms.

Other ways to keep it under control- swim in the sea/use salt water on it. Massaging olive oil into your scalp is supposed to work- havent tried. There are also skin medications you can have prescribed.

How about you get a family member or a friend to cut your hair instead?

james?

Learn to cut it yourself

Is it actual psoriasis, or just bad dandruff?

If its dandruff, tea tree oil, and CLINICAL strength dandruff shampoo

Put the tea tree oil on your scalp and leave the shit on there for a couple hours, then use the shampoo. Leave the shampoo on for at least 5 minutes before you wash it out.

If psoriasis, get some kenalog ointment and put it on your scalp

that shit doesn't work
OP needs denorex

Fucking just cut it yourself, retard.

I dont shower and cut my hair for weeks. When i go to the hairdresser with damdruff i feel happy. You know why? Cause im not a huge faggot like Op.

got this every so often.
Regular dandruff shampoo works for me.

pic name is the name of the condition.
It's a light form of psoriasis.

Dude OP. I have the worst case of this and I'm not pussy to get a hair cut. Just yuse some t'gel. That shit goof asf

Psoriafag here, have it too.
Diet control, cut out acidic food, tomatoes, chillies, citrus, shit like that, neutralise your body ph best you can, lots of water, stop drinking fizzy shite, and cut down alcohol intake. Head n shoulders is shit. Tea tree shampoo, T Gel is the way forward. Moisturise too.
My psoriasis doesn't bother me any more. True story.

coal tar shampoo bruh, you need it

Barber here. Don't worry, a LOT of people have dandruff and skin problems. Just get it cut, most barbers are cool with it, we're told to expect it in training

You faggot, you go buy the 7$ hair cutting machine at walmart and cut your own hair like every other non homosexual male

can't you be prescribed something for that? or maybe use some kind of special shampoo besides head and shoulders specifically for dry scalps?

walmart.com/tp/hair-clippers

You're welcome!

This is relevant to my interests.

corticosteroid creams

Pic is from fungal overgrowth. Some people are just prone to it. Go to a dermatologist, or ask your doctor for a ketoconazole shampoo. It's damned effective. And even if it doesn't do the trick somehow, there's nobody better to further advise you than a good dermatologist.

This. Also, getting sun on it is literally one of the best things for it, and anyone who cuts hair knows and understands that.

Just suck it up. They won't care, and if you're that self conscious about it, just tip well and you're already head and shoulders above the average customer.

I have it head to toe, all over me and it fucking sucks OP. I am also super self concious about it and I just get my stepmom to cut my hair, she does a shit job but it grows back really quick. Also OP try out Dovobet Gel, shit works like a charm everything is gone/starts peeling off within hours.

head&shoulders is literally Hitler for your scalp if you have psoriasis, way too harsh.
It's an auto-immune reaction so the best you can do is manage it with mild shampoo and moisturizing creams.

Rub coconut oil into your hair and scalp, leave in for 2 hours. Wash hair in cold ish water (hot water drys out the hair)with a baby shampoo. Do this twice a week.

I use CLARELUX, idk if you can purchase it in your country but here is not a problem.
Is not the best solution but it normally works

triamcinolone cream

money bags over here...

Yeah, it's called ketoconazole shampoo. I have it really fucking bad on my scalp, and it works perfectly despite my really thick hair.

This is the only person in the whole fucking thread who gave solid advice, other people saying that barbers don't care.
Coal tar didn't do shit for me. I dunno if you can just buy ketoconazole or not, but it's worth going to the doctor for.

OP, I dunno if you're still here, but seriously go to a fucking doctor and tell them you need something for your scalp. Tell them you specifically want ketoconazole shampoo if you have to. You might still have a bit of redness if you have really thick hair, but it'll stop itching and flaking atleast.

Also, I've gotten my hair cut tons since getting psoriasis. Nobody has been able to tell I have it, or if they did, they didn't mention it. They really don't care.
Chill out man, having psoriasis isn't something to be ashamed of. Unless you're unfortunate enough to be covered in it or something, then you're pretty fucked. Otherwise, you're fine bro.

you pay money. its their fuckin Job to deal with hair and other stuff on your head.
Wash your hair good with the right shampoo then go get the cut.

I have eczema in the eyebrow.

Just rub some mineral oil on your skin, go sit out in the sun at midday for 5 or 6 hours.

Once you get a nice clambake going, let it rest a day or two, then just molt your whole skin at once. It will take the flakes with it and you have the fresh undercoat.

I tried ketoconazole aka Nizoral shampoo and it did jack shit because I don't have fungal/yeast growth on my scalp. I have psoriasis which means coal tar is my friend, tgel 1%

I suffered from it for years. Diet especially sugar hits, overdoses on bread and boozy weeks play a big part. Its an inflammatory response.

Nizoral every couple of weeks. Its bad for you long term.

Exercise, get out in the sun and swim in salt water it all helps immensley.

Cut your nails short, scratching introduces bacteria i to your skin.

I don't have fungal growth either. I use steroids on my wrist and face and ketoconazole on my scalp.

If coal tar works for you, great. But it didn't do shit for me. Doesn't do shit for a lot of us. Ketoconazole works.

what steroid do you use on your face? i use triamcinolone, works ok

Dont use steroids they fuck your skin up.....youll regret it later in life.

Just eat healthy and exercise itll clear up i assure you.

>youll regret it later in life
I'm already later in life, heh

Im bald. We play the cards we are dealt mein frunde

My hair is full and thick but grey. I shave it off because if I don't the psoriasis gets really bad.

I used hydrocortisone, same stuff I used on my wrists/hands.

In hindsight, that might have been a bad idea, since I have red blotches on my face where I had psoriasis, but I have no idea if the hydrocortisone did that or the psoriasis did that.
But that's what the doctor prescribed me, so....

Lmao, okay man. Exercise and eating healthy aint gonna do shit when your entire face is covered in scales and your wrists are oozing pus. Steroids may fuck my skin up, but it can't be worse than having psoriasis.

I tried all the tea tree stuff and OTC stuff and it all seemed to quit working after a few weeks (almost like I was getting immune to it) but my doctor gave me 2% ketaoconazole shampoo and it seems to do the trick although you can still see the tiny flakes during haircuts.

>I have red blotches on my face where I had psoriasis
This is the steroids, I have a red spot where I used it too heavily for too long. It is bad for the skin. Just use it sparingly.

Funny how no one knows what psoriasis is in this fucking thread, go to a doctor and let him prescribe you a salve of some sorts, saddly you'll have to go bald so the salve will actually be used to full effect and get the entirety of your scalp, you miiiight not be able to keep to luscious hair because then that shit gets itchy real fast

Dude I grew up the child of a hairdresser... They won't care about it, they might feel a touch sorry for you or think "oh another one" but your a far cry from notable... The amount of people just riddled with lice that don't realize it and just come in is mind boggling

Dude exercise and eating isn't the solution to every damn thing in the world. No matter what you do, people are cursed with all types of afflictions and shit genetics.

It has a drying effect, the shampoo. You just need to moisturize your scalp to offset that

>saddly you'll have to go bald so the salve will actually be used to full effect and get the entirety of your scalp, you miiiight not be able to keep to luscious hair because then that shit gets itchy real fast
Yeah, that is why I keep mine shaved off

hi op i have had psoriasis since i was 10 and go through the same thing you talk about with haircuts. When i was in the 8th grade i had a bad experience with a going to a stylist to get my haircut where she loudly talked about my psoriasis and how her grandma has the same thing and how disgusting it is. Since then the only treatment Ive used that has actually made any improvement on my psoriasis is Humira, those shots they give you to fuck up your immune system. But even with my psoriasis under control and having little to no visible patches, I still have extreme anxiety about getting my haircut. I have had my mom (neetfag btw) cut my hair since the 8th grade, and when she moved to another state for 7 months i couldnt bring myself to get my haircut so i had shoulder length hair and i looked like a fucking goon. I dont think this is going to help you feel better about having psoriasis or getting your haircut, but youre not the only person like that.

Hi! I have worked for years at Lush and we had people come in daily to thank us for helping them with their psoriasis. You should see if there is a store close to you and ask for free samples of the Dreamcream to test if it works for you. There is also Dreamwash ( for under the shower) but I highly recommend you to look into Dreamcream and test it out. Good luck from the Netherlands

You're likely right, and for what it's worth, I don't use steroids anymore since my psoriasis is almost entirely gone except on my scalp. But back then, I couldn't even go outside because I looked like a freak. Plus I was tearing my wrists open because of all the itching.

There aren't many other treatments. And from what little I've read, steroids are only really a problem in delicate areas like your face. I used the same steroid cream on my wrists and they didn't turn red.
Steroids work, and I'd rather have a bit of redness than have psoriasis.

>I'd rather have a bit of redness than have psoriasis
I know these feels.

>Cut down on alcohol.
Glad I don't have psoriasis.

stop using petroleum based products

that is what causes it

i have had it since i was a child

once i stopped using that garbage it went away

use homemade or tar based not gasoline based

Coal Tar extract shampoo.

Neutrogena sells it but Walgreens has a cheaper generic.

The ONLY thing that works on my psoriasis.

Use this shit user...thank me later

I use it but in regular strength

LOL

Buy some clippers fajjit

I had psoriasis for about a year (gone currently). I just had to fully shave my head and moisturise daily. Only when I started eating well and going to the gym my psoriasis went.

www.lushusa.com/body/body-lotions/dream-cream/9999900031.html

Don't cut it. I haven't cut my hair in years dude, it's not like you have to. Grow your hair, start listning to some great death metal, and you'll be as new in no time!

This. I started to shave my head with a razor and mine when away completely

Hope this helps

psoriasis.org/treating-psoriasis/complementary-and-alternative/herbal-remedies

Herbal remedies are mostly bullshit, and not only for Psoriasis.

get this

I know I have psoriasis on my back so I probably have it on my scalp which itches. Doctor gave me a steroid salve for my scalp. It worked, but I didn't feel comfortable using it permanently. For some reason, Head and Shoulders shampoo almost completely stops the itching when I use it daily.

hey, this is literally me too. except i don't know if it's actually psoriasis or just bad dandruff. still seeing my doctor about it..

Have you tried discovering the root of the problem? My girlfriend gets terrible eczema by eliminating stuff out of her diet (basically can only have red meat and steamed vegetables) and in about 2 weeks her skin is completely clear.

Even if you don't want to do this all of the time, it might be worth trying to find out if the psoriasis is a reaction so something your putting on/in your body, stopping whatever that is till it goes away, then get a haircut.

Used this, didn't do shit. Had my doctor prescribe a fungal shampoo, didn't do shit. Had him prescribe this lotion called Stieprox, didn't do shit. Currently been using something called Topicort for a couple weeks but I don't think it's doing anything.

Psoriasis isn't caused by anything, really. It's genetic. It's literally just getting really unlucky and losing the genetic lottery.

We really need to come up with a cure for autoimmune diseases. I have three.

Why cure a disease that makes you shit tons of money and doesn't kill anybody?

Are you fucking retarded?

Because you'll make even MORE money with a cure none of your competitors have?
Seriously though, autoimmune diseases are ridiculously complicated and will probably need some form of gene therapy to cure. We won't see it in our lifetime.

Sure, but once someone's cured, they'll never buy your cure again.

And assuming getting cured eliminates the whole hereditary thing that psoriasis has, that means that your children won't get psoriasis and need to buy a cure either.
Suddenly, psoriasis doesn't exist anymore. And you can't make any money off your cure.

Or, you can not cure it, and forever make money off diagnosing and selling treatments. So again, why would anyone actually bother to cure it? Don't get me wrong, I'd like a cure too, but as long as money is king in our world, it'll never happen. There's no real pressure to cure it, it doesn't kill anyone.

I know what you mean bro... Same problem here. I learned to cut my own hair. It is not that hard, watch some yt videos.

I've been cutting my own hair since I was 17. Figure it out user.
As far as the psoriasis goes, you can easily clear up the symptoms with a healthy diet and a proper exercise routine.

Get some sun. Not just once, though. You'll need to expose your scalp over and over. Burn, recover, repeat. This is how one gets a nice tan. I found out by accident. It cleared up my acne too.

I'm due for this treatment myself again. I may be shaving my head this summer to do it. I have reservations because everyone thinks I'm a skinhead.

There's plenty of research going on at taxpayer funded centers.

Then you need immunosuppressants and that's not worth it.

You should try to stop drinking milk or eat any product that have milk inside, that worked for me.

I used to use Stieproxal (idk if thats sold anywhere else) and it helped but it's very thick so not optimal for longer hair.
Trying this shit currently and I think it does the trick.

I use a cream called Oilatum for the psoriasis on my shins and Oilatum shampoo for my scalp. Works wonders.

It also helps if you don't dwell in a basement all day and let some light hit the affected area.

I suffered with this shit in my early 30s OP. Arms, legs, trunk, affected areas on face It's not nice is it.
I was pretty aware that people would look at me and think I had scabies or something.
But you'll find that most people aren't utter cunts, and in the event they notice, they'll probably pity you than be horrified.
Go get a haircut from a nice barber bro, maybe even call in advance and mention that you have this.
All the best.

Bullshit.
Proper diet and exercise doesn't fix EVERYTHING.
Some things are a medical condition that requires treatment.

>head and shoulders
kek

Shit works wonders

psoriasis fag here... just man up and get it, my barber says alot of people come in with pimples and shit thats alot worse, we just have dandruff on roids bother stay strong

I have Vitiligo, I feel the same when I need a haircut. Genetics is a bitch to some people.

Ketoconazole.