James now has a music related show on his channel. What does Sup Forums think?

James now has a music related show on his channel. What does Sup Forums think?

youtube.com/watch?v=cw5pT11ZpwY

who?

bad start, shouldn't have started with the two shittiest bands alive maybe

When will he inevitably begin his reviews on his favourite artists, specifically metal bands?

>crosley

this

Only contrarian hipsters hate Metallica and megadeth

if he does a Gwar retrospective ill be happy

I'm surprised he hasn't done this years ago

James has a lot of awkward charisma and being a big AVGN fan I can forgive him for this kind of thing. I've known that he was a dad rocker for a while so this is no surprise.

I love him but his taste is literally just boring dadrock. Well I'd have dadrock over nu-male music any day, so whatever.

If he plays his cards right and reviews good artists and albums it will be aight

judging by this one video, he probably won't have many interesting things to say about music. but he can do whatever he wants with his show.

Nice work James

It's gonna be full of extreme normie shit but I'll still watch anyway.

I liked watching this guy shit on old NES games ten years ago.
But why would I care about his taste in movies/music?
Why so many content creators try to cover every base instead of sticking with what made them popular in the first place?
Is it because there are so many video game reviewer personalities now that do his act better than he did back then.

the guy really loves movies and that's what he always intended his channel to be about, avgn just happened to blow up and he probably doesn't even like doing it anymore

I just want him to call the Sex Pistols a shitload of fuck.

He's not "covering every base", he's wanted to make videos about music he likes for years. He's primarily a movie buff, making, reviewing and talking about movies is his main thing. Everything else he does are things he enjoys, the AVGN just happened to blow up the hardest.

man this is like listening to a highschool sophomore from 2005

Sid Vicious? More like Shit Pissious.

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.
It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.
Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).
You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.
The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.
Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

Back to

oh, ok

i'd like to hear him talk about Death Grips but he probably never will

I hope he discusses Dystopia after Hardwired, what a great album.

Honestly he's probably never heard of Death Grips and I think that's for the best

hi James, stop chilling your channel on 4ch & take care of your kids

>but he can do whatever he wants with his show.

no, that's just what he Should be doing. he doesn't need your permission you arrogant faggot

if he ever did listen to meme grips he would have to do it in character

This. Ride the Lightning - AJFRA are objectively good, and people only hate on these bands as an impulsive reaction to their names.

extremely awful taste, but it's still comfy to hear James gush about shit he likes

Comments on this video make my want to kys

>his kids

Rust in Peace and Ride the Lightning are top tier thrash

more like top tier trash

>unchecked quads?