Why the hell the EPL, the Serie A, Ligue 1 and the Bundes are so far away in quality from La Liga...

why the hell the EPL, the Serie A, Ligue 1 and the Bundes are so far away in quality from La Liga, even if you discard Barca/Madrid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GGLNSxAOSo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Silly Texas

Are you retarded mate?

They're not... Except for Ligue 1
>becomes a formation league then sell its best players to the big 4
>too many taxes so can't buy players
>psg has a cheat code for unlimited money, even if they won't win the title this season (Nice is doing a one time wonder like Leicester)
>french coaches all play super defensively so games are fucking boring whether it's not Nice/Monaco or PSG playing
Ligue 1 is atrocious, even female Ligue 1 is more entertaining

Dr. Fuentes

>even female ligue 1 is more entertaining
Any qts?

Atletico, Sevilla and Barca topped their CL groups and Madrid are defending Champions so you're right.

Sevilla finshed behind Juventus, m8

Regional goberments help them a lot with public debt.

Spanish clubs have massive debts, if sometime they are forced to pay them they'll go back to France-tier irrelevancy

Because EPLeL, Serie A or bundesliga teams don't get 100 millions plus prizes for free like barça and Madrid every year.

Because Spaniards are better at coaching
For those of you replying in this thread thinking OP is somehow wrong, kys
/thread

That's why most of their top clubs have foreign managers? lol

Spanish CLUBS are better organized and have better coaching systems in place, sorry for being unclear

debt is irrelevant if you have the cash flow to manage it. all companies have huge debt.

Coching systems depend on the manager, not the institution

If we're going by which country produces the beast head coaches from a tactical standpoint, it's probably Italy.

Yes, but football clubs are not companies and have no investments

Having huge debts in non-profit organisations is fucked up

But that's wrong
Only a few coaches have the authority to change the way a club operates from the ground up
Especially in Spain

>Yes, but football clubs are not companies and have no investments

>Yes, but football clubs are not companies and have no investments
lmao I wish

it wont last

simeone is leaving next year
ronaldos power is failing
iniesta is getting old

the other teams are irrelevant, most clubs see the EL as a bother

Only one manager of note in La Liga is Spanish
>Enrique
and he doesn't so much coach the team, more sort of put Suarez, Neymar & Messi out every week and let them crush the opposition.
Any tactical Nuances come from foreign managers such as Simeone & Sampoli
Hell even Zidane is becoming more tactically astute than the Spanish managers

Outside La Liga, Pep is doing fine, but that's just it, just fine
He's been found out by half of the clubs in the league at the moment
He assembled a killer squad at Buyern but still couldn't win the CL which was their only goal since they had the league by the financial goolies.
Doing well at Barca is becoming less of an achievement as we've found out that Messi & co can win it like its a reflex

Spanish managers were good 5 years ago when tiki taka was vogue
But now football has changed to become more about controlled pace and power Spanish managers are wilting

La Liga has always been a 15 team relegation battle and will stay this way
But it's a catch 22, you can't pay the smaller teams more TV money because they draw less viewers than the bigger teams
but they won't have as much TV draw until they start earning more & winning things

>the way a club operates from the ground up
how exactly does this change the way matches are played? I think you may be onto something, but tactics and for the most part squads will vary by manager.

SWEDEN BTFO

Spain nows how to develop fotball talents. Most of the great players of the world come from Spain or have gone through their youth academies.

Look at England, they are worthless at developing talents. Talent to them are useless clubfoots like Rashford. They will always have to buy foreign players for shitload of cash in order to stay competitive.

France is basically the same as England, although they do get some good players through like Payet and Griezmann most of them are useless club foots.

Germany had a good thing going for a while in talent development but looks like they are shitty now as well.

Italian football got killed by bribes and corruption. It will take time for them to come back. they don't develop football talents anymore. Teams like Napoli and Inter have barely any Italian players at all.

Spain and Portugal are the only countries that have decent talent development and Spain is by far superior. Tiki-taka is only possible if you have intelligent players with excellent technique. Dumb club footers won't give you that style of play.

Some Spanish teams are extremely underrated as well. Las Palmas is fucking goat and look like Barca a couple of years back with perfect tiki taka.

Especially France and England are fucked because they focus too much on physique. Look at what Man utd paid for Pogba. Pogba is a strong and fast player but he's dumb as a rock. Real Madrid or Barcelona would never pay that kind of money for a dumb player because they understand what qualities are most important in a player. England and France don't.

Ligue 1 is absolute shite. Physically strong players but there's no thought in the game at all. It's just dumb fucks chasing a ball, thus also the dying interest for football in France.

You sound like you started watching football 6 years ago

Nigger education tier

That comment might just be the most retarded thing I've read so far in the thread.

But thats wrong

did you mean to reply to ?

has a point but it's like you stopped watching football in the last three as well

I know this won't last forever, and probably domination will end in 2-4 years, but for the moment I'm proud.

I'm proud of the Spanish national team that has achieved 2 Euros and 1 World Cup
I'm proud of the Real Madrid that has won 2 Champions League making themselves to have already become Europe champions 11 times.
-I'm proud of the Barcelona who has won the Sextete and dominated football with their very own style.
-I'm proud of the fighting Atletico de Madrid who has managed to steal a Liga to Madrid and Barcelona, and has become CL runner-up twice (both times losing by very very little against Real Madrid. That is one of most painful stuff happened in recent football).
-And of course I'm proud of the Sevilla who has won 3 consecutive Europa Leagues becoming the team with more titles with 5.

Spanish fitness/stamina culture is OP

>France is basically the same as England
France is exactly the opposite of England, they are exporters of talents

Learn to debate. Saying someone haven't been watching football for more than six years is not even close to an argument. It's just retarded. Truth is that England fucking sucks at developing talents, same with France.

Sweden has a better talent development program. Had we had even half of your population we could sport 3-4 national teams that would beat yours.

Barcelona became great by developing:
Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi amongst many others. How many great players have come through the ranks of Manchester United or Arsenal?

You are not paying attention to what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about who buys and who sells, but about these countries youth development programs. Pay attention and you might just learn something.

First of all. France is not a good talent developer. It's a rich country of almost 70 million people yet it haven't produced a great footballer since Zinedine Zidane. People need to stop saying that it's a great football nation because it isn't.

France is a disaster in terms of youth development. If you actually watch the French league instead of memeing what's common knowledge in Englel you might just get a bit more wiser.

An absurd level of importance is taken on physique in France. That's why they are "exporting" their dumb club-footers across the world but never produce any truly great players like Spain and Portugal.

England is just the same, they haven't produced a player that is top ten in his position since Steven Gerrard. They too put too much emphasisis on physique instead of technique and understanding of the game.

Had it not been for foreigners pouring money into PL English club football would be on level with France, maybe even worse.

You have too understand that Barcelona didn't buy itself into world class, back in early 00's they invested on their talent academy. When Barcelona was the best they had players like Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Puyol et cetera, they all came from Barcas youth academy, that's how Barca became great in the 00's.

Is that why Spain and Portugal have the most successful national teams? oh wait, they aren't even the best teams in europe

Portugal is the reigning European champions although they did get lucky this Euro cup they did win fair and square.

Spain is the world's best national team although not reigning champions. You have to understand that when you win everything you lose that extra level of motivation that you need to win international competitions.

They're not

Most of La Liga is shit below Atletico Madrid

But you literally haven't been paying attention until 2008
France produced unbelievable talent two decades ago in Henry, Zidane & Pires
England produced world class talent three decades ago in Gazza, Lineker and then later Scholes
Italy & Germany were the same stories in the mid 2000s & post-domestic-German football crash
The fact is these things work in cycles and it's coming to the end of Spains cycle, a cycle which funnily enough gathered a lot of publicity when Spain won the 2008 Euro (six years ago) when you seemed to start watching football

Sweden has only ever had one world class talent in Henrik Larsson which isn't unusual for most European countries
see Modric, Stoichkov, Laudrup etc

Learn about how football changes and how it's been a sport since 2008

>you can't pay the smaller teams more TV money because they draw less viewers than the bigger teams
Why not? EPL does that. Doesn't the new TV deal move towards that anyway?

>Spain is the world's best national team
why did they place worse than at least 16 other countries

Euro 2016 winners: Portugal
Euro 2012 winners: Spain
Euro 2008 winners: Spain

>France is not a good talent developer

full retard confirmed

Sweden is right, englelelel delusion at its best thinking they're not horrible at developing youth
Anyone with sense sends their kid to Spain as a youth, Italy after that

Yeah it's a good idea to do that, but I mean that you can't immediately pay the shit tier clubs loads immediately because there would be outrage from Real & Barca justifiably claiming that they deserve more because they're the only teams people tune in to watch

If Spain and Portugal are such good talent developers and producers how come they both only had one good generation in their histories?

because he started watching football in 2008

Are we pretending Spain have only had one good generation of talent?
They were always one of the best who couldn't win it all but lets not meme
Portugal with Figo, Deco etc are also superior to the cupcake title won in this year's memetastic euro

>Sweden has only ever had one world class talent in Henrik Larsson which isn't unusual for most European countries
Have you heard of Zlatan Ibrahimovic? If you go further back are you aware of the Grenoli that dominated Italian football? No. Because you don't really know much about football. Just Englel football, which won't give you much knowledge to be honest, since it's shite.

I've been watching football since 1998 world cup. There's no argument behind your statements, they are just statements.

If you actually look at different leagues (which you aren't) then you can clearly see the difference in football philosophy. Some philosophies are superior to others, and the Spanish and Portoguese philosophy is superior to both the French and English.

People talked about the "Golden Generation" of Portoguese football, saying it was a once in a time event with players like Figo, Rui Costa et cetera. In reality it has just kept going.

Spain keeps going, producing talent after talent all greater than any player in England or France.

But sure, keep on telling yourself that pacy club-foots are world class players.

t. actually watches serie A, la liga, ligue 1, bundesliga, epl and thus can compare.
Why do even the best sometimes get knocked out early?
Yeah because you ignore what I'm saying like a typical dumb Englishman.

France is a country of almost 70 million people. They can do literally everything wrong and still get a decent international team.
youtube.com/watch?v=GGLNSxAOSo0
Of course I'm right.
People have been talking about the "golden generation" of Portugal since 1998 when I started watching football. Saying this was their last chance et cetera. Truth is that Portugal has always been a world class football nation the last three decades.

Spain too, Spain has always been great. I don't know why some people meme the golden generation shite. It's just a meme created by journalists.

He's right, French clubs struggle to develop young talent. 1998 was the victory of a NT with two principal qualities: a solid defensive midfield and a hermetic defense. Since then, clubs formation policy was to create physical and pacy players. They rejected the others (like Griezmann).
Players like Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil or Reus couldn't have played in young French teams. And our technical ones are exceptions, Ben Arfa, Nasri or Dembele are pure talent not thanks to French formation, players of their profile aren't privileged.
The rest of the French production is filed with physical players that we sell to low table EPL teams.

And if you go further back, you'd know english teams comprised mainly of english players dominated the CL, while countries like Spain and portugal were nowhere to be seen. Sweden hasn't produced a player of note since Larsson. Ibrahimovic is an overrated meme player who hasn't won a single relevant trophy.

Ibra is pathetic, take away his stint in Ligue 1 and his goal scoring is worse than Harry Kane's, should I start calling Kane world class? Hooknose is shit.

>you ignore what I'm saying like a typical dumb Englishman
Yeah, they dumb. They think their pre-existing idea is all there is and won't follow an argument.

Are you pretending they didnt?

Actual EPL formation is trash tho
Germany and Spain could reinvent their football in the late 90, with infrastructure and a global and intelligent formation policy. England and France are still late.

You're pretending that they weren't literal Sweden tier with Raul being the equivalent of Larsson

This delusion, at one point saying I'm not considering history, then in the same train of thought claiming that Spain have always produced superior players, they haven't, there's no way you can claim that they have

Its ok guys, dont fight for me.

>even if you discard Barca/Madrid

They aren't if you exclude Barca/Real Madrid. Bayern and Juventus are on the same level as Atletico, it's possible that one or two English clubs are as well but we haven't seen them prove it yet so we can't be sure.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are really what pushes La Liga over the top and makes the league so ridiculously dominant. Take them out, and La Liga is probably still the best, but only by a little bit.

>But it's a catch 22, you can't pay the smaller teams more TV money because they draw less viewers than the bigger teams

But that's exactly what their new TV deal did

They've won all 3 of the last 3 European championships (08, 12, 16)...

Sweden is a Scotland tier country t.b.h. Ignore the clown.

Pretty much every striker's goalscoring record is worse than Kane's tbf. Only Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, and Suarez have scored more in their domestic leagues over the last two seasons.

good, but it still won't make me interested in shit tier clubs
because it's been the the Barca/Real domination for years none of the clubs have a legit interesting history
hopefully a few years down the line, that'll change

spics are better at football than Nazis spaghettis and inbreeds

Anyone who thinks La Liga is not by far the best league in the world, or that eplel is better, is everything that's wrong with this sport. Premier League is the best brand, not the strongest league. That's it. If you think otherwise you're a plastic dumb customer that got brainwashed by PL marketing.

You also don't understand football. Money and big transfers, tv rights, none of that means shit without tactics and good footballing culture. You know all those "entertaining" Premier League games, scores like 4-4 or 5-3? That's the exact reason english teams are getting raped in Europe. Tactics in PL are primitive, years behind continental Europe and a decade behind Spain. It's mostly just constant high tempo running from box to box. No finesse, culture, subtlety, calculated change of tempo, inteligent possesion keeping.
Fact: lower half of La Liga table would absolutely rape lower half of PL table. It's not just top teams. It's about tactics, technique, culture.
If anything La Liga is still underrated. Team like Las Palmas is playing wonderful football this season, how many of you even know that? And how many are wasting their time watching fucking Sunderland and Everton games instead? Those teams would be blown out of the pitch by Las Palmas or Villarreal. Men vs boys, art vs physique.

>shit-tier clubs
>none of the clubs have legit interesting history

Atletico has won as many titles as Arsenal (and one more recently)

Valencia has a better European record than Manchester City

Bilbao's history and signing policy is probably the most impressive in Europe

Sevilla, of course, has won the EL three times in a row, which is as many times as any English club has won it in their entire history

>Tactics in PL are primitive, years behind continental Europe and a decade behind Spain. It's mostly just constant high tempo running from box to box. No finesse, culture, subtlety, calculated change of tempo, inteligent possesion keeping.

But the PL is full of managers from continental Europe. Hell, from the Spanish league alone you have Guardiola, Pochettino, Mourinho, Karanka, and (next season) Benitez. So are all these managers just forgetting their Spanish tactics when they arrive in England?

>not rating Ibra

You are goddamn right. When laliga will fade away (theres always an end) the amount of butthurt acumulated these years will emerge. Specially from epl babies.

>That's the exact reason english teams are getting raped in Europe

Are they? Arsenal, Manchester City, and relegation-threatened Leicester all qualified comfortably for the knockoit rounds of the CL. Tottenham, basically England's equivalent of Sevilla, is in the knockout stages of the Europa League. They seem to be doing alright so far.

Lelcester got the easiest group imaginable. Englel teams will get knocked out nau heh

only one that tries to play different is Guardiola.
Also, it's not just managers. It's about coaching, from the youth level all the way up.
Mourinho is finished, he's a tactical retard at the moment. Benitez failed in Madrid, he's the best when he has a team of soulless robots, that's why he's doing good in England.
Pochettino? Karanka? Really?
Klopp and Conte's teams play very physical football.

I admit that finally PL teams had gotten smart and invested into managers, and they will do better than during last 5 years thanks to that. But they'll still be behind Spain. You can't buy a footballing culture, you have to develop it, slowly, over the years, from the youngest youth teams all the way up.

The fact is, the English don't see football like southerners (both European south and south america) do. They concentrate on different things. There is no subtlety, art, finesse in english football and there never was.

Heck, I remember watching England - Brazil in 2002 and after Ronaldinho's goal english commentators said if was luck, a fluke. They couldn't even imagine that a player would try something like that on purpose. They have no imagination. Their thinking is limited. Their footballing culture is primitive.

>i started watching football 5 years ago, the post

It wasn't even a decade ago when english teams were making the final every year and lel liga was being carried solely by barca. (real madrid got embarrased by liverpool in fact)

you knee-jerk dickheads hate on the EPL because it's the hip thing to do, but sooner or later we will rise again, and you plastic faggots can go back to gritting your teeth while we trash the CL again

Well, its just the 16 better teams of Europe. That doesnt prove anything yet. Lets see how many of them are left in quarters.

Arsenal qualified by beating Basel and Ludogorets, Leicester had the easiest group in CL history and City couldn't beat Celtic.

And yes, english teams were raped in Europe during last season. I mean, english footballing "powers" were eliminated by teams like Basel, PSV and Monaco. That's just complete humiliation, failure.

>Pochettino? Karanka? Really?

They're both from the Spanish league Pochettino was a player and manager with Espanyol, Karanka was Mourinho's assistant in Madrid.

>PL teams had finally gotten smart and invested into managers

It seems like they've been doing this for a long time. No English manager has won the title in the past 20 years, which says a lot about the PL's dependence on foreign managers.

>There is no subtlety, art, finesse in english football and there never was.

Obviously I wasn't around to see them, but I was under the impression that guys like Gascoigne, Hoddle, and Scholes in his prime had all of those things.

>real madrid got embarrased by liverpool in fact

And Lyon. And Lyon again. And Lyon again...

eplel fan calling fans of other leagues "plastic", kek. Premier League is the most plastic thing in the history of football, literally a packaged, corporate product, created by marketing, a league for plebs, for the lowest common denominator. You can't even stand up during games there anymore. It's literally plastic the league.

Also, who the fuck cares that english teams were good in 2008? Footbal changed since then, tactics changed, trends changed, generation changed. New people came, old retired. You sound desperate. Like Real Madrid fan in 2009 saying "b-but not even a decade ago we were the best team in europe!". See how pathetic that sounds?

it's not as simple as just taking a manager from Spain. Emery in PSG proves that.

His point is that you're making it sound like the English league's relative weakness is some ingrained thing that always has been and always will be, when really it's just part of a cycle.

So there's obviously more to it than just "Spanish tactics", then.

Yes and every other top team has sold their soul to corporatism for more money as well. Remember when Barca didn't have shirt sponsorships because it was against their ethos? Probably not. Your cute romanticized version of football hasn't existed in years, in any top league. Spouting buzzwords about muh culture only proves how cringe-worthy and detached from reality you are.

Thats already ancient history my m8, football has evolved a lot "thanks" to tiki taka

>Pochettino
He got ass-raped in Spain.
>Mourinho
Very adaptable manager. Changes by the league he goes to.
>Karanka
Who?
>Benitez
Not managing in the PL this season
>Guardiola
Correct. I think La Liga defenders will have to make an apology for City.

>when really it's just part of a cycle.
Muh cycle meme
You are not listening. There's no cycle. England and France are failing because they are doing the wrong thing. That's why the best French player today was developed in Spain and not France.

You make it sound like spurs' results were good, kek

>talking solely about this season, which hasn't even progressed to Ro16

it's not about the cycle, it's about the fact that england got left behind tactically. You know why after the 90's and early 00's dominated by Italy and Spain, England got powerful again? Money, sure, but also tactics and physical strength. Mourinho and Benitez were cutting edge in 2005, popularising playing with 1 striker, rapidly expanding players physical capabilities, promoting relentless pressing, Makelele revolutionised DM position etc. That's why they dominated for a few years.

And then they got left behind. Continental Europe finally followed and adapted. And then Spain took the next leap, with tiki-taka. And here's the fun part - tiki-taka's "cycle" ended few years ago already. Barca's defeat by Bayern in 2013 and Spain's by NED in 2014 were it's funeral bells. Another tactical change happed, with Bayern 2013, Real 2014, Germany etc. playing a very balanced football. They are nearing the tactical peak, combining strenght, tactics, technique, finesse, everyting. There's not much more to do with football tactics really.

And while Spain and Germany are constantly changing and evolving, England is tactically still somewhere in 2007. That's why even mediocre teams like Basel, PSV, Monaco and Iceland were able to beat english teams lately.

The best example of a massive tactical and technical gap between England and Spain would be Bilbao vs United games in 2012 IMO. And that was almost 5 years ago, Spain has advanced since then while England is only just begging to realize why it's failing

France have never been a football power domestically. As for England, it's easy to look at arbitrary time frames and claim hurr durr english football sucks, but history has proven otherwise. Your "knowledge" about english football is literally based on 20 year old stereotypes. The FA has already shifted away from that and is now emphasizing technique and ball control at the youth level. Will we see the fruits of that? too soon to tell.

We are utter shit.

no they didn't, English football has always been hoofball and big strong lads that's why manlets from continental Europe dominate with their finesse, thought and so on

>Barca's defeat by Bayern in 2013 and Spain's by NED in 2014 were it's funeral bells
Lets not forget the glorious Confed Cup 2013 when Nerman took a shit on them

But these teams are all managed by foreign managers and filled with foreign players though?

>He got ass-raped in Spain.

While managing a team with a combined salary lower than Messi's. He did fine.

>Very adaptable manager. Changes by the league he goes to.

He's still probably the most successful "Continental" manager of the last 15 years.

>Who?

Karanka is a Spaniard who used to play for Real Madrid and was their assistant coach for a few years before becoming a manager in England.

As for Benitez, I did write (next season) right before his name.

>cycle
The wheel doesn't turn automatically, someone has to make it.

I think Germany produces good players too. It's not just Spain m8. You're right about England though. They hype up young players if they're fast or strong. Tbf it's hard to find intelligent englishmen.

>psg has a cheat code for unlimited money
explain

>fast
This is something Spanish/South Americans like. They don't like strength or aerial ability but they do like speed. It's wrong to say they don't care about the physical side of the game.

2009-2012 barca was the height of spanish footballing power. look at barca or madrid these days and at least 50% of the starters aren't spanish. they've started to buy foreign players to keep their relevance (although madrid always have)

So? Every team buy foreign players, except the racists of Athletic.