I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a brilliant album

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a brilliant album.

yep

Nope

I think if it's "brilliant" it's in an unintentional way and it's just because it represents a paradigm of pop music.

I have no faith that Will.i.am or any of the fucking ding dongs in that band are that smart.

I unironically love this album

explain why

>early 2000s nostalgia
Fuck off 20-something year old poptimists.

This is how we rock, this is how we roll, this is how we do do do it.
What did they mean by this

This nigga so 2000 and late LMAO

Will.i.am doing what he does best

Wasting your time

gotta get dat

>'boom boom pow' sounds like nothing else in pop ever
>nothing is emotionally uplifting in the way that 'i gotta feeling' is
>'rock that body' is literally hook after hook with really cool robotic voices, what's not to like
>'meet me halfway' is an unlikely pop hit and will undoubtedly resurface as a classic noughties pop song
>'alive' pre-dates the revivalist Random Access Memories sound and does it 100x better

can any fault be found with this album?

screw you popssimist

gotta get dat

''The End (2009) was notable for the creative manipulation and choreography of the two voices (especially will.i.am), and for rediscovering the naive hedonism of past decades. The hit Boom Boom Pow features a male-female dialogue over a skinny beat (reminiscent of old-school hip-hop music), Meet Me Halfway (reminiscent of old house music) contrasts a soaring orchestral female melody with a male rap, Missing You adds more drama and rhythm to the male-female dialogue, etc. The background of Imma Be is one of the best for the female-male rap harmony, with a handclapping-driven beat, orchestral phrases and bass synth lines. However, the winner is I Gotta Feeling, produced by David Guetta, a more regular song with a loud beat, catchy and thumping. Overall, the album sounds like a continuation of the work that the Native Tongues posse was doing two decades earlier. Black Eyed Peas bring back the dance into hip-hop music.''

- Scaruffi

How dare people call this wondrous album--actual quotes, now--"insipid," "saccharine," "clumsy"? Only I don't mean people--I mean journalists professional and self-appointed, from rockist sourpusses to keepers of the hip-hop flame. Just plain people love it--love it so much that various of its tracks topped the pop charts nonstop for the entire summer. "Party All the Time" is no more a recipe for living than is instant Wi-Fi for all, the message of the supposedly "political" "Now Generation." But in a party anthem it's the definition of intelligence. Sampling classic rap rapaciously and as cool with Auto-Tune as with getting their drunk on, they party beginning to end, which as it happens is a far rarer achievement than signifying beginning to end. Maybe this album is dumb on the surface, though not as much as fools claim. But sure as showbiz it isn't dumb underneath. A

-Christgau

>good album has 1.67 rating on RYM
what did they mean by this?

Fucking hacks

RYM consists almost exclusively of naive rockists and weebs, it's not the holy grail of collective music criticism I'm afraid

No way this is real. I don't even hate the album I just don't believe scaruffi would think this.

its real

I checked his site, he gave it 6/10. More than Revolver (5/10) for example.

wtf, i didn't know all of those were from the same album
based

Its called having good taste

no

Damn, I'm not actually mad that's incredible. Dude actually gave The fucking E.N.D. a higher score than some of Sup Forums's favorite albums.

Kek

maybe...

just maybe

...it's a brilliant album?

I mean what's not better than Loveless anyway

Hey, if nothing else the album artwork is absolutely on point.

looks like a font found on dafont.com that 10 year olds use for a minecraft channel intro

They use art as a way of shoehorning in an opinion they think is somewhat profound to validate their ego

That's what they mean

>this is real
>gave Blackstar a 2 out of 10 and made fun of Bowie for dying

what is up with Scaruffi?

There are 16 posters in this thread.

I'm so 3008, you so 2000 and late

and you're one of them...

yes but when tf is Scaruffi going to drop his memejam website?

>PTSD

The second half of Imma Be is surprisingly godly