This is the worst album I've ever heard. Seriously what the fuck. Josh Tillman is Fleet Foxes. Pecknold is shit

This is the worst album I've ever heard. Seriously what the fuck. Josh Tillman is Fleet Foxes. Pecknold is shit.

FUck off

I like both FJM and FF and I think this is a phenomenal album. Josh makes his own thing.

Why don't you like it?

>drums for an album
>JOSH TILLMAN IS FLEET FOXES
he contributes just as much as mike love does to the beach boys

This is obviously bait.

wasn't John Tillman just the drummer though? Don't think he wrote too much/contributed much to the sound

listen to more music lol

not OP but I agree. It's nice as a project but not as an album.

>Good project
>Bad album

Wtf is an album if not a project user?

No Josh Tillman is FATHER JOHN MISTY you absolute retard kys

OP here guys, sorry turns out I'm a total faggot with bad opinions and bad at making bait threads. Brb going to go kill myself

it sounds like some project for a class.

I think its defiantly their weakest

not really bad in any way but it just more of the same

Probably bait but if not: listen to it again, dipshit. It's not nearly as immediate as their first two, but it is just as good. And if you never liked Fleet Foxes to begin with, why the fuck did you even bother?

Also, Tillman had fuckall to do with the creative process of Fleet Foxes. Only album he played on was Helplessness Blues, and he never wrote any of their material. Pecknold and Skjelset have always been the creative core of the band.

I agree, it's a completely unmemorable piece of nothing. Please tell me the rest of the Fleet Foxes discography is better.

Wanna elaborate how?

If you haven't listened to Fleet Foxes before, you should know that Crack-Up is definitely their least accessible. Their first two are very easy to get into, though, and you'll appreciate Crack-Up more after you've listened to them. Unless you're just a miserable cunt who can't appreciate beautiful melodies and vocal harmonies.

Honestly I feel like people mainly dislike FF for the scene they're associated with

That and because they're critically acclaimed and Urban Outfitters-wearing tumblr types with Crosley turntables love them, so it's cool to hate Fleet Foxes.

This

Crack Up may be their more impressive work, musically, but I feel Helplessness Blues is the most emotionally inspired. The s/t and Sun Giant are really comfy music to listen to in the woods

Hooray!

What did everyone think of Crack Up?

It's really hard to compare an album I've known for two weeks to music I've been listening to for several years. Seemingly every few months I binge a little on Fleet Foxes, and I never really got tired of their mere two LPS and two EPs. On Crack-Up they're definitely trying to impress us, and while they succeeded at that, the result is somewhat less melodic than their old stuff. I think the emotional resonance is just as strong as before, though - the lyrics are incredible and there are so many exhilarating moments on the album.
>when the instruments come in on the first track
>transition from Cassius to Naiads, Cassadies
>"as we stood,
>congregated
>at the firing line"
>the pure tranquility of if you need to, keep time on me
>guitar kicking in on On Another Ocean
>transition of that song to fool's errand
and my god those last two tracks.

On their earlier albums they attempted long, multi-part, less conventional songs, and while these were all good songs, this new album makes "The Shrine" look amateur by comparison. And whereas their first two LPs were great by virtue of having lots of great songs, this one really commands a full listen. It's greater than the sum of its parts.

Again, only time will tell if this holds up as well as their first two, but I'm fairly confident it will. This shit is cathartic as fuck.

As an album, it's not good.

Not him, but that's not an elaboration. You are just repeating yourself.
How the fuck does this at all sound like a "class project"?

the transitions are ghastly

also, where the fuck are the harmonies? they hit them a couple of times in the third of may but other than that the vocals are anorexic

Nice write up. I agree that it is definitely their best composition, but will anything beat SUNLIGHT OVER ME NO MATTER WHAT I DO from their last album? The whisper-like vocals on Memphis come close, but i'm not sure it resonates as emotionally

Maybe it is because we've only had it for a short time, and you are right about it being up to time to decide it's worth, but I don't know if it can replace HB

is there a version of this yet that isn't noticeably transcoded with jarring gaps between songs?

Music is subjective, user. You are asking me to elaborate on my feelings. I'm obviously not going to convince you; and I'm not even trying to. It does not feel like an album. It's a interesting mix of ideas but it's not fleshed out.