ITT: Critics not afraid to tell it how it is

ITT: Critics not afraid to tell it how it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=b9qlatBqfU0

does he ever not like a movie?

Why does he wear the shirt?

>implying I care about the opinions of a man child who hasn't aged mentally past his teenage years

Why does he have to say "dope" every 12 seconds?

LOOK AT HIM
LOOK DEEP INTO HIS EYES

He's afraid to criticize being a low tier director himself.
Any shit he throws out will comeback 10-fold for atrocities like sausage housers or whatever the fuck it was called.

>pic related

>sausage housers
This shouldn't have made me laugh, but it did. Also consider those digits witnessed.

Why is it so hard for this man to make good work? I mean he has to have heard of the work of the greats such as Bergman and Kurosawa. Why doesn't he watch these filmmakers and adapt some of their storytelling techniques on to his?

Do you really want to see Silent Bob trying to ape Ingmar Bergman? Think before you post dangerous crap.

Didn't he disliked BvS?

No, he thought it was "sick-tight".

righty on, bro-skilly-doskilly!

People you used to like when you were a kid general? He's been awful since he started his whole DUDE WEED LMAO kick. Fucking fat cry baby.

He seems conflicted about it.

>"I've now watched that movie like eight more times since it came out on home video," Smith told Comicbook.com during a red carpet interview. "I keep watching it over and over again - the longer [Ultimate Cut] one. That makes it better; I just keep watching it over and over again and my wife is like, 'why do you keep watching this?' I'm just like, 'I'm gonna love it one day! The more I watch it, I'm absolutely going to fall in love with it.'"

His first review he was really positive about it. It seems he goes with whatever other people tell them.

I wish Kevin Smith would join the Suicide Squad by actually committing suicide.

Actually, the first review he did (he was with some other guy, there's no footage of it, just audio), he was pretty negative about the movie and was ripping into it. It was like old Kevin Smith, he was pretty funny.

Then he did the review on his channel where he does all the new good-vibes Kevin Smith stuff. ''It was great and shit and stuff, it was sick-tight and whatnot and shit,'' and so on.

Yeah his own

You got to understand he also knows most of the dudes who make these movies, he is the main reason we got Batfleck.

This is the only exchange I could have with Kevin Smith.

Me: What happened to you Kevin Smith? You used to be cool.

Kevin: I-i'm s-s-still c-cool.

Me: No man you've changed.

ya for like five minutes

is this what an overdose on capekino looks like?

For anyone who loved Clerks growing up this is just sad.

I'm just imagining Hurt by Johnny Cash playing in the background.

I think the thing with Kevin is that he watches stuff, fanboys out immediately about the fact he's seeing his favourite characters doing stuff on the big screen, then has time to think about it and starts seeing the flaws, whether he's willing to admit them or not. I mean he cried about how much he loved The Dark Knight Rises then did an hour long video immediately after talking about how many plot holes there were.

he has some cool stories

Because unlike most of Sup Forums or Sup Forums or Sup Forums he is willing to admit he likes something but is also willing to admit the flaws.

He also likes to play devils advocate, in a few months you might see him come out and start pointing out how bad Ghostbusters was, or he might not since the movie is effectively critic proof since Mah-Sog-ony

>the movie is effectively critic proof
It isn't, Mike, Susan and Porky Pig already gave it a proper seeing to.

he's mad the studios only ever hire him for romantic comedies

he would ruin any marvel or dc script if he directed it

He goes back and forth. I think he critiques entertainment and story separately.

Or, it could be that most of the time flaws make people dislike something.
Such as Suicide Squad's flawed editing. That alone ruined the film for me. Compound that with jokes that didn't land, spotty characterization, a generic plot, and it's not a winner.

I liked some of the art design, which is me admitting that despite the fact I thought the overall film was trash, I saw one or two things I liked.

But the movie could've had the best performances in film history and a plot that was seven layers of masterful, nothing could save it from the butchery that was performed in the editing room.

Kevin is looking pretty good man.

Why does he look so weird in this screenshot? He looks like a mannequin, and not even one that's modeled after Kevin Smith.

He already directed an episode of The Flash.

He just seems like a massive (lol) shill now. He gives out positive reviews to obviously and almost universally disliked movies like fucking candy.

Positive or negative, I'm not going to listen to DC opinions from someone that wrote Batman Cacaphony.