My Doctor made prognosis about my depression that I might be bipolar. Any bipolar's here? How are you living?

My Doctor made prognosis about my depression that I might be bipolar. Any bipolar's here? How are you living?

Keyra Augustina's ass. good times

How does it feel?

being diagnosed with a mental disease is a meme. just fucking be yourself and don't get so hung up on how people (that have a financial incentive) try to classify you to sell you pills.

EVERYONE is bipolar at some point. like, wake up, work out, shower, drink coffee, and you'll feel pretty good. then you can slip on some ice and bruise your knee and get really pissed. that's the way life works... it's all ups and downs, there is no magical "oh he's PERFECT mentally," because then the person would be flavorless and boring as hell

Excellent post user, this is all true.

Retards who have no idea what bipolar disorder actually is

>everyone is bipolar at some point

fucking kek

when will that be?

thats called having a bad day not being bipolar u fucking retard

Is your doctor a psychiatrist or just a general practitioner? If it's the latter there's a high probability that he's wrong about bipolar.

Do you have episodes where you feel fucking great, spend/gamble away all your money, cheat on your partner, start so many projects that it's impossible for you to actually complete them?

Bad.

Diagnosed bipolar type 1 a few years ago after struggling pretty badly. Now with meds and therapy I'm doing really well. It's tough sometimes bit after getting help life okay. Also fuck that guy who absolutely has no idea what bipolar disorder is.

Nope just polar. Your Eskimo flesh is not long for this world wee one.

Are you studying or working?

Working. I had a really hard time with the manic side of bipolar but lithium has helped a lot. Couldn't keep a job for awhile but I've been at my current job for 5 years now.

Well this person knows what mania is.

it depends

Good to hear that you've got your life in order.

I've dealt with depression for like 10 years now, and I always thought that when the depressive stage ended and I started feeling much more energized, I got "well". Alas it seems that is mania. It lasts for few months and then again depression... cycle continues..

You mentioned lithium, do you use other medication?

I only take half my meds (just the ssri's, the moodstabalizers make me feel like shit) and I'm pretty stable but occansionally go off the rails.

These days the worst that happens is I'll stay up for a few days at a time researching random shit and making weird plans, maybe spending a little more money tahn I should

Bipolar II here. It fucking blows.

depression is being pissed without slipping on ice
it's real, but like 99% of the time it has physical reasons and not psychological

>White girls the thread

Lay off the MDMA and I'm sure you will all get better

mental illness is a hoax created by money hungry fucks to sell their stupid addictive pills, prove me wrong.

Ye I get that planning all kinda things and looking up stuff. Shit gets weird after few days when you're not able to sleep and get paranoid, atleast I get that..

How does bipolar II differentiate from bipolar I?

Try energy drinks during "down" times the taurine snaps me out of bad times right into mania. Lithium is the best "calmer" i have had out of many pills. Depakote is ok too...and yea to the jackwagon who said everyone is bi polar is everyone homo too? Is everyone psycho too? Is everyone narcissistic? NO!

You've never encountered a schizoprenic then?

LOL - These fucks are obviously not BiPolar cause this is not at all true.

BiPolar II is only medium to low levels of mania but all of the depression.

hay OP i'm thinking im in a similar boat.
Some days i think life is amazing and its all going in a general positive way next day i feel like complete garbage. The feeling like crap part is something i can manage but in a bad phase i can treat those around me like shit and it distresses me when im on a good day. I accept im a sperg but i also think theres something else involved.

Its good. It would be great if I had a job and a car. Or at least disability. But hey, others have it worse.

Have you ever met anyone who's manic? It's like watching someone on MDMA for months at a time, only with a flip of a switch to cry for hours over something completely arbitrary every now and again. The difference between being a bit bipolar and being diagnosed with bipolar effective disorder is the disorder part- something that can actually fuck up your life and stop you from functioning.

OP if you're still manic or hypo manic ATM don't go on any social media. The cringe I feel every day about all the stupid messages I sent to people I barely knew keeps me up at night.

bipolar 2 here been on lithium and trileptal for about 12 years some mania mostly depression
last year has been really rough
my doctor has been trying different meds for the depression hopefully ill find something soon
feels bad man

bipolar changes over bigger times scales. Usually I'll be very depressed for 3-6 weeks then manic for a week or so

OP I have BiPolar type 2. That means all of the lows but only some of the highs.

To cut right to the point, when the doc told me I was BiPolar I had a little bit of a break down and didnt want to believe it just because of all the shit that you hear people say about BiPolar folks being crazy. Facing the facts and taking care of myself is the best decision I ever made. I know not everyone has perfect results with their meds but my doc put me on lithium and it has made all the difference. Before knowing I was BiPolar I would go days at a time feeling completely hollow and just wanting to die. I would cry constantly and everything was pointless. It was a chore to interact with society cause I just wanted to lay down and stare into space while complaining to myself how pointless life was. Thats the state I was in. If I didnt have such a great family I would have killed myself cause theres no point living when you feel like I did.

However, when I'm on my meds though I'd say that 90% of the time I feel like I'm not even BiPolar any more! I have had some side effects from lithium, shaky hands and my memory is absolute shit now (was near photographic before) but I will happily take that over the way things used to be. I do still have mania-tier insomnia on a regular basis though. Just this week I have had two stretches where I was up for two days straight. I work for myself so I can sleep whenever but I mention it cause its a reminder that at the end of the day, you cant be cured of BiPolar so there are still going to be some things to deal with.

My message to you would be... dont give up man. See a doctor, try what he says, see a different doc if you need to but do what you can to take care of yourself. Being BiPolar is still part of my day, everyday. But where I am now with my meds Im at least able to have a decent life and interact with society.

My wife's father was bipolar, back when it was as understood or treatable as it is now. He died when she was in her early teens, and she has very negative memories of him these days, because of how violently insane the condition made him. She says that when he was on his meds and healthy he was the ideal father, but those spells were apparently far and few between. Most of the time she describes him as being volatile, abusive, creepy, and says she would have dreams as a little girl of striking back at him physically and emotionally. She understands what he went though, but according to her there's no practical difference between him and the common abusive father. The love is still clearly there, but it's clear that what she mostly feels for him is hate.
If you have children, you need to do everything you can to keep this shit in line. They will hate you. They won't understand, and even if they did, it wouldn't matter. The only thing they're going to remember is that you were a fucking lunatic. Just throwing that out there. It's worth saying, I guess.

i wish i could get a handle on it id love to go to work everyday and make some real money
i cant hold a job i get too nutty when im manic and tend to argue with people bad to the point where i might get in serious trouble
when im down i have social anxiety to the point where it feels like actual torture to be around people
the only thing good in my life is my girl without her id have offed myself ten years ago

BP 2 fag here on olanzpine and lamictal.
Family realised I was manic before I'd lost all logic. Was due to the fact I'd just finished a brain melting physics degree then smoked weed every day for like a month. I thought I was finally casting off my autismo, but looking back it was a shit show. That was in 2015; still can't get a fucking job in industry as I've no experience, and can't get a normal job as they think I'll be out the door first chance I get. Even with the meds it's hard not to slip into the void most days, working out helps a lot though, short term solution for an endorphin kick but it's better than eating shit food.

TL;DR

That's fine, I didnt write it for you and If you're OP than dont ask for info if you dont really want it, haha.

I get by. Because i have no other option.

Also fuck (((((happyPills))))) smoke kush instead.

Well, I'm not well off as you may think in those regards, haha. I dont have the mania too bad being type 2 so the worst I'll get is just really hyped up like I had the best day ever and drank a couple monsters. I'll be able to recognize it though and I'll isolate myself. Honestly though those times are a relief for me as I mostly just get the lows. Its nice to feel elated every now and then.

I have severe social anxiety as well. I dont socialize AT ALL outside of talking to the guy at the front desk of the gym and thats cause I go at about 2am. He probably just wants the company so he can stay awake, haha! I have a few friends from years ago I text every now and then but no one current. That of course means I dont have a GF. I actually live with my parents cause I couldnt keep a job either. I never had the will to stick it out. Luckily I work from home now so should be good on money soon. But I pretty much just stay at my house except the gym and walmart in the middle of the night. I would say I'm generally happy so I call it a win but what I just typed out is the part where I still have to live with being BiPolar everyday.

Op here

I'm impressed and happy about how open you are with your experience/experiences considering bipolar disorder. I learned a lot today, thanks to you guys.

It feels good to share this kinda stuff, you know, not everyone is as open about these things. Good to know that its manageable with right kind of medication. At the moment I'm using zoloft and seroquel, but I think the medication is about to change...

Terrible suggestion. Self medicating with weed is one of the worst things you can do for yourself in the long run. You're making it worse user, believe me, I've got it and so has my sister- weed makes it worse.

I'm this guy - I've havent actually talked to anyone else with BiPolar before so I was stoked to see your post. You're right, It does feel good to talk about it!

This is the only person who gets it. Currently in med school and can tell you that general physicians are shit at diagnosing neuropathology.

He was psychiatrist.

i had a teacher in highschool who was bipolar
lucky she didn't have any courses at my class but she was retarded as fuck

once when i played the radio before the break (1 minute or so behind it) she came yelling like fuck like she was going to beat me up for something so wow

another time she was calm as fuck and acted like nothing existed on this earth besides her

another time she yells and screams at you with no reason.

she's worse than an autist

I have social anxiety as well, but as I work
in culinary industry, basically chef, I deal with people every day. Sometimes I feel like I'm like a robot there, just doing orders and ignoring everything else. Like there is this charade what I put out.

Also I agree about self medicating with weed, it will down spiral in a long run.

godspeed op hope shit works out for you

Good luck guys. All of you. I've known bipolar people and holy shit what a struggle.

Would a pet cat help?

Nice! I spent years in various food and beverage roles. Worked restaurants and hotels both floor and management. I'd help in the kitchen but always prep or dishes, never fully cooking. Basically, I get what you mean! I'd have to work tables just pretending with all I had that I was just as chipper as I could be! I reached the end of my rope and walked away from the industry.

All the interactions I had there were short and fake so I could pretend my way through them but when it comes to making a real attempt at socializing, I just cant do it. It's like the moment I try I feel like an alien from another planet and I have no idea what to even say to them. That triggers my fight or flight and I just want to get the heck out of there.

Haha, you know, I think for some it would. I know I would like some affection with out having the pressure of expectation.

had a dog and put him down about 5 years ago
was literally worst thing i ever went through i think you get closer to a pet than you do with people especially being bipolar
having him around definitely helped
it kind of forced me to get up and walk him and feed him and stuff where if he wasnt there id shut down for days on end

Probly not. Threw our dog on the grass hard when she bit one of the kids who was screaming because of it- only a little shit of a thing like. Felt like such an autistic asshole afterwards, took two benzos the doc gave me and still felt shit. Luckily she wasn't hurt but fuck if I didn't feel like a headcase.

Going to get another doggone user? Sounds like it might be really good for you.

hell no i cant go through that again
i lost my best friend he was no ordinary dog
i could never replace him and even if i found an awesome dog i wouldn't want to go through the heartache all over again

bipolar here also, multi personality
not everything is bad, some things maybe

You're a cunt - sorry I have tourrette's

Are you bi?