How many genders are there?

How many genders are there?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There a 1000s of genders, and if you don't agree, then you're a racist, sexist, homophobic, white, rapist who should be banished off this planet

2, the rest are obviously Unowns

There's three genders: Male, Female and Attack Helicopter

My fucken sides

since genders are simply how society views a person's identity, I can say there's only 4 genders: male, female, shemale, and asex

sexuality is the thing that people can get really creative with, for that there's infinite numbers

Dont know but just asking triggers me.

my last two digits are how many genders there are

>white
Did you just assume my color?

But we have a fixed gender in our biology right?

that's sex you're thinking of, which can technically be changed with surgery and chemical supplements

I'd say two, this is based off of your chromosomes.
XX = female
XY = male

I mean, it's simple.

Weren't genders mainly cultural before the whole Tumblrina shit? India had their genders based on castes, some Native American tribes used to have a third gender for their medicine man, and nomadic Asian groups sometimes had a third or fourth gender.

Is this actually Sarah Anderson's cartoon or are these a Ben Garrison sort of deal

You forgot intersex.

Fuck that u leave or better yet can I burn u in a incinerator/boilers and drive a steam driven generator witch will help solve the energy crisis why them Nazi didn't use them jews as a form of coal in power plants in beyond me

Theorically people can be born with gender chromossomes XXY or XYY, but yeah 99.99% of people have either of the binary gender

itt: op pic answers own q

Never mind

Have you been living under a rock these last months?

What do you call this?

that's shemale dipshit

>ITT no one knows the difference between sex and gender
>mfw triggered
>mfw no face

Today OP was not a faggot

Graph is based

fuck off lib scum

a fucked up benis

"Gender" is just a made up word.

Stop caring about what label should be put on someone.

Labels are evil, please use names.

Show me your chromosomes...

god among men

Are you that fucking retarded?
>Search Results
Image result for intersex
www.slideshare.net
“Intersex” is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Do some research before you open your penis breath mouth.

I couldn't remember the term so I used shemale instead, holy shit thanks for correcting my terrible error!

>fag

In nature male polar bears kill their offspring, does this mean I can too?

If you think that's your nature, than you sure can!

I mean, nothing's physically stopping you from doing it

>Using nature as a moral guide.
TOP KEK

You should!

is your iq 70?

If a fly can have an X chromosome then I can do what I want

No Mayonnaise gender, I'm triggered.

There are countless genders, and exactly one of them hold any value. Use sex as a metric instead.

When the cops take you in, tell them you can't "bear" to stay in jail.

2. If feminists believe that men and women are EXACTLY the same, then why do they believe in more than one gender? Or 2? Their logic is deeply flawed.

"Sexual Species" and intersex people are... sterile. Ergo they don't count as a "gender", they are just living things that can be useful if you need labour.

You want people to shoo you or swat you?

Um what??? Intersex people are not sterile.

Typically they are.

Trannys do not count as "intersex" in a medical sense.

legitimately why is there a transgender symbol when transgender people want to be the other gender.

Never claimed that trannies are intersex.

That's a good question. I guess it's to identify themselves as "transgenders". But it's still a good question.

The first half of this response is true and proven. However, the second half (about humans) tries to put a correlation between evolutionary traits in animals and disorders/disabilities in humans, and so it isn't correct.

In the human species, there are 2 genders naturally. Questioning this is the same as questioning the axioms that prove that 2+2=4.

i believe there are probably more than 2 genders, but at this point there isn't any sort of definitions or anything that is solid so i dont know what to really believe beyond male and female but i have an open mind.

when it comes to orientation though i understand pan and stuff as being legit things, but things like demisexual are just stupid. that isnt an orientation thats a fucking preference.

Ok, well intersex ppl are usually sterile so you were just wrong.

Maybe. It depends. But it's still can be counted as a gender.

manan

Jim Morrison?

Five, maybe six sexes(M/F, intersex, then missing/having extra XY chromosomes), but there should only be three, maybe four genders. M/F Intersex and potentially 'Other'

Three
Male
Female
Retard
You're welcome.

Why do you count genetic disabilities as a gender? Are people with Downs syndrome their own gender too?

Agreed. And you don't get to choose, the doctors write it down and that is your gender unless they revise it. And everyone gets on with their lives and stops moaning for attention.

One. Women are just objects.

gee billy...

I'm not a libtard but sex and gender isn't the same thing. Gender is a construct, a set of behavioral traits associated with sex. If you want to call unusual gender expressions "disorders," then you have to prove 'normal' gender expressions are inherent to one sex rather than culture. Otherwise you're saying that going against culture is a disorder, that nonconformity is a disorder. And that is problematic.

I'm sure many queers do have disorders. I'm sure many times there's just something messed up mentally. I'm also sure that many times they're just radically individualist. OP is a blanket statement that kind of oversimplifies.

>friend goes trans
>hilarious disaster
>holy shit ugly as fuck
>"i just don't get why I'm being called sir all the time!"
>probably because you obviously look like a man in drag
>"but I'm a trans woman!"
>but you're not a woman...
>"I'm a TRANS WOMAN!"
>by using the prefix "trans" you're not adding validity to your argument. You are a "trans woman" not a "woman". Assuming the two are the same is like assuming gloves are shoes l.

If we have gotten this far in evolution with only two genders why would we need any more?

I think that's called diphallia.

*sexes

>gender is a construct
>continues talking about gender expressions
>smh

2, Male and female, all the rest are freaks who should kill themselves imo.

sex =/= gender
its really not that hard or alien of a concept.

What's the problem friendo

We are in the winter of Special Little Snowflakes.

Agreed entirely. All this modern shit is getting out of hand.

The problem is that you're talking about 2 different things. Gender and gender expressions are not the same thing, just like race and racial expression is not the same thing.
Former is biological, latter is a personal trait.

No, sex is biological and gender isn't. That's the commonly understood definition for both things. You're conflating sex and gender and then telling me I'm talking about 2 different things.

I already said we're talking about 2 different things. What you call gender I (and the dictionary) call sex, and what y call gender expression I (and the dictionary) call gender.

The fact that we're talking about 2 different things is my point. You're conflating whereas I'm drawing the distinction.

It seems like this person really knows what they're talking about, though, the genetic stuff they mention about human bodies is all correct.

male
female
and abnormality
Actual intersexed people are sterile, functionally male, or functionally female, and only in extremely rare cases with both functioning reproductive organs.
Acceptance and indifference are the answers, unless one of the abnormalities wants sexual relations with you. I consider it rape when a faggot/tranny/deformed gets me to bed before it is revealed that they are not female (damn was I drunk).

This is incorrect. Gender is definitely a synonym of sex, look it up.

You cannot twist the meaning of the word by saying that when you say gender expression, you mean gender. You either mean one or the other, they are not the same.

An expression is a personal trait. Gender, or sex, is a physical attribute like skin or eye color.

Actually, gender is pretty rooted in biological science moron. Don't co-opt your bad understanding to push an agenda.

Yes, that's why I said the first part was all correct. But the poster makes a fallacy by correlating genetic disorders with evolutionary traits.

Even though both things exist, they cannot be compared and used to prove that humans have more than 2 genders.

When he gets a handjob, is it like milking a cow?

Semantics. Let's assume you're right. Just replace "sex" with "gender" and "gender" with "gender expression" in my post then. Even if you're right about the semantics, my point hasn't been refuted.

There are two genders, and everyone is on the spectrum between 100% male and 100% female, and this position is fluid.

You can't call semantics when the words you use don't mean the same thing. That is literally not how rhetorics work.

We can agree though, that there are multiple gender expressions. Probably as many as there are humans on earth.

But there are still only 2 genders. And why is that even a bad thing? There is absolutely nothing wrong with being born a man but express yourself as a woman. There is no need to deny biology for that.

male , female , herm , lack of it

diphallia , 1 in 50 million males has 2 dicks

> There are two genders, and everyone is on the spectrum between 100% male and 100% female, and this position is fluid.
That's one of those pat answers that makes zero sense. Do we pretend that cultures fall on a spectrum, with say Naibori at the top and Mongolia at the bottom? Or to the left and right? No, that's nonsense. Cultures differ in complex and diverse ways, and don't simply fall along a binary spectrum.

And gender is a cultural construct. It's a set of expectations associated with a biological sex, but those expectations different radically from culture to culture. Gender can't be a spectrum, because culture isn't.

Talking about genders.
Maybe call it Twomale?

oh god here we go again..
there are endless genders. it is a social construct that cannot be defined by your physical attributes. i don't understand why this is so hard for you people to understand. if i want to be called "they, or them" then you should address me as such. get out of the stone age you freakin knuckle draggers

How many colours are there? Same answer: it's a spectrum.

nice b8 m8

I think we agree on the substance but not the language. I simply use "sex" to mean the same thing as you call "gender." I'm not denying biology at all, just differentiating using different terminology than you.

Most arguments go away when people can discuss coherently for long enough to figure out their definitional differences. This is a case in point. No point in arguing any further since we're agreed on the substance.

I guess i'm worse than Hitler for having common sense

Singular: I, you, he, she, it
Plural: we, you, they

no. you're just an idiot for calling ignorance common sense

>dur everything i dont agree with is b8

when it comes to speaking.. not when it comes to a person's preferred pronouns