Four London games next season

>Four London games next season

We're getting a Franchise™ aren't we

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHidfLNUEg8
youtu.be/rNOvBSTqLoc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Bd4hQKgOo-3VO1Xikx96wIDZhTOn_IV
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck london games. the one day of the week i get to over sleep i have to wake up at 9:00 to see all the games. you can get a franchise when you sail that little island over here.

I hope not

Considering it means 8 teams traveling to the uk which is the amount we would need coming here for our home games then yes it's lookin very likely

Just don't give us the browns

possible if/when the 'new concorde' is up and running. NYC to london in an hour.

it will only be able to hold 40 passengers though so the cheerleaders might have to leave early on a normal flight.

Shut the fuck up faggot I have to wake up at 6 AM for these shite gamed

>living on the spicoast
you only have yourself to blame.

Spic coast, Jew coast or white trash middle?

Spic coast every time

Maybe your country should start watching more games. With declining viewing figures they need to expand into growing markets

>mediterranigger
why am i not surprised.

I think so. Greater London is so huge (and rich) that even if 95% of people ignore the team, it would still probably make a whole lot of money.

Pic related, it's what should be the helmet logo for the team.

That would mean that another country has a chance to become WORLD Champs in the sport.

All Brit team:
Centre: Jamie George
LG: Eddie Hall
RG: Laurence Shahlei
Tackles: Adam Bishop, Mako Vunipola
QB: Owen Farrell
RBs: Billy Vunipola, Nathan Hughes, Toby Faletau
WRs: Liam Williams, Antony Watson
D:
Nose: Kyle Sinckler
Ends: Maro Itoje, Jonny Gray
Interior Backers: Sam Warburton, Ben Te'o, James Haskell
Outside backers: Justin Tipuric, Jonathan Joseph
Corners: Jack Nowell, Mike Brown
Safety: Leigh Halfpenny

This team would make the owl in three years

the shitposting would be glorious if the London team ever won an owl

>Safety: Leigh Halfpenny

literally who

It would fit too if they were called London Spitfires

youtube.com/watch?v=yHidfLNUEg8

Top kicker, great on both sides of the ball too.

Idiotic idea by the NFL. Once the novelty factor wears off in 2-3 years, the team won't draw and eventually fold.

first team outside america is going to be in mexico city

nfl doesn't nearly care as much about tickets as they do tv
UK will never be big on nfl, because the most valuable primetime games are at 3:30 am

lol let's embarrass these fucking yanks by putting out top rugby lads in handegg for a year and watch them BTFO those nancy armour-wearing poofters.

Your rugby players are generally too small and slow

Yeah they'd get murdered 2bh.

Why don't they pass (lateral) it more. Seems you could draw in players and offload it and get so many more yards

Fear of fumbles

because unlike rugby the play stops when your knee hits the turf, so there's a much higher risk in lateral passes.

are we getting games too?
lmao

The NFL is in decline anyway. This is just the experimental period before the inevitable collapse.

If they got rid of stupid rules like taunting and no planned celebrations then it would help

I don't get it. Why is Goodell so hellbent on having games played in London when not even Ex-Pats wants to go see these games. Logically it makes no sense. Nobody in Europe even cares about the NFL.

Roger Goodell wants to gets the league's total revenues to $25 billion by 2027
The US market has probably reached its limit

>play stops when your knee hits the turf

This is NFL football, not college

>yfw you get drafted by a yuropoor team

They would have to pay both US and England taxes

There's no way an England team would be profitable for an owner

because money

m8 i went to the bengals game this year and it was jam fuckin packed. there were tons of knowledgeable british nfl fans, it was actually pretty cool

They can just draft all British players.

That's fine, I usually just watch the UK games because it's at a better time.

Interesting.

My brother was at that game and said the crowd was worse than a Bills game

oh the crowd was terrible because they're not fans of a team, but if it didn't make the league money, they would've stopped doing it years ago

Probably not due to scheduling and no one here wants to waste a team in England. Literally no nfl players want to play in London

They're gonna stop the really early games though

If you're rich then living in London or its outskirts would be pretty good. Depends on the person though.

fuck are you talking about nigger? in any level of football that's the rule.

dude plenty of guys would rather live and work in a world city rather than fucking jacksonville

most NFL players come from the south, i doubt anybody minds playing in jacksonville. better than wisconsin or ohio that's for damn sure.

Are you retarded, they talk about not wanting to spend so much time traveling to games and the jet lag.

it's never going to happen

No
Especially since most players get 70-80% of their checks taxed the weeks they play over there

fuck off.

i live in wembley and the nfl fans are truly the worst.

>London Royals

Calling it now lads

London Monarchs was the NFL Europe team I believe

Is that so?

>NCAA rule 4.1.3.b - A live ball becomes dead when any part of the ball carrier's body, except hand or foot, touches the ground.

>NFL rule 7.2.1a - An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended: when a runner is contacted by a defensive player and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his hands or feet.

In the NFL, contact must be involved or a player must "declare himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance" for play to stop.

Remember the classic Plaxico Burress blunder? See it again in beautiful potato definition.

youtu.be/rNOvBSTqLoc

that's what i meant faggot. 99% of the time if your knee is hitting the turf it's because you're being tackled, pros rarely slip.

*Citation needed

The only people I've seen who claim to like this boring advertfest are stupid faggy hipsters and their interest will wane just like everything they claim to like

So would that make laterals more or less risky, as per the original question?

Shut the fuck up faggot I have to wake up at 3AM to watch London games

the same. you knew exactly what i meant you were just looking for an excuse to make a long autistic reddit post. receivers are supposed to be blocking defenders not waiting for a lateral. it just doesn't work in football.

>pros rarely slip

You don't watch a lot of NFL football, do you?

It's not happening.

The >Raidurrs

Aren't moving from Oakland after they saved the team this year

>Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!

Seems committed on keeping the Jags in Jacksonville.

So who exactly is supposed to be moving?

>receivers
>Blocking

That's funny, you're a funny guy.

>laterals don't work in football

Except when they do, as in option offenses

it doesn't work as an everyday tactic like it does in rugby, that's what i meant. try to read between the lines. you need everything spelled out for you, that's a bad sign, you're not gonna do well when you enter the workforce.

The patriots are coming home

Sounds like soccer fans here

>shots of players standing around
>63 minutes

>everyday tactic

Not sure what you're basing these "tactics" off of, but the Option is widespread in NCAA football and is used routinely in NFL. Whole offensive systems are based around the lateral. Clearly, you don't watch much football.

Totally different reasons

Makes more sense to have a game in Mexico than in England

CHI

Do explain, I'm sure it will be quite illuminating.

not a rugby style lateral. i don't know of any offensive systems that are designed for the ball carrier to lateral when he's about to be tackled after a 40 yard rush.

College players are less disciplined which makes the option useless

Most college players are football retards. Pro's are the best of the best and will blow an option the fuck up unless used sparingly. And to even use it sparingly you need a QB like Scam Newton.

Well that's Graham Gano at kicker, Jay Ajayi at RB he's pretty good. Menelik Watson, pretty funny hearing his London accent with a tint of yank.

Get our boy Osi Umenyora out of retirement too.

Bongs get 4 games and we get one.

No wonder the NFL is dying. México is the second biggest market for this sport hands down.

>muh altitude

Canada is a bigger market. Most Mexican's are brokeboys.

houston is mexico, you've been getting 8 games a season for the past 14 years.

Lack of defensive discipline is exactly what the option is designed for. aggressive defenders are drawn to the ball, leaving the halfback uncovered for the lateral. Option offenses are very common in college.

I understand where your opinion is coming from, but it's not based on any actual evidence. Option plays are as common as play-action in modern NFL offenses.

No stadium would even take them. Wembley would be too big/expensive for a team especially when the novelty factor went and the crowds were sub-20k. And Spuds/Arsenal/West Sham wouldn't want a load of 30 stone nigs churning up their pitch.

Except Spurs new stadium is being built with NFL in mind, they've already signed a deal for 2 games a year there.

I'm not sure it's a great idea but please mildly educate yourself before chatting shit.

So Spurs would want 8 (eight) NFL games during the height of the footy season? Mostly on a Sunday i.e. the day after the football team has played? The pitch would be in absolute tatters you retard

all of the southwest/cali is rightful mexican clay so technically they get a lot of games

Retractable pitch mate. Christ, do they not have google in your village?

Tbh why doesn't Canada get a team like the blue Jay's and MLB. That actually makes sense

Sells out every year m8

CFL protectionism in Canada.

Yup, and NFL players would be shit at rugby because they wouldn't be able to last 20 minutes.

NFL players have to be able to accelerate at a ridiculous pace or be absolutely huge, or preferably both. Because the game lasts 11 minutes, with half of it being played by defence or offence, fitness is unnecessary. Half of a rugby team on the other hand is required to play the full match. A Richie Incognito just couldn't exist in rugby. They also get 30 minute long breaks where the coach tells them exactly what to do, while a rugby team sees their coach once in 80 minutes and he has to relay any instructions through his subs. Finally, NFL players can get by on being extremely good at one thing, but rugby players can't. It used to be that props would just try to hide whenever the ball was loose but that doesn't work anymore. You could be the best kicker in the world and you wouldn't be able to get into a rugby team unless you were up to at least a basic standard in the game's other skills.

Not shitting on NFL here either. I love the way it encourages absolute freaks of nature, and is just 30 second long bursts of insane action. I love a chess match between two good tactical coaches, but it's very different to rugby.

nah.

>retracting the pitch out of the stadium to let the rain and cold of London winter do it's magic
>after it's had 3 games played on it in a week

Wew lad it'll be like a bowling green

It's too small to be profitable

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Bd4hQKgOo-3VO1Xikx96wIDZhTOn_IV

>NFL team in Bongland

>TV Licensing fees
>Shared TV Revenue
>Players paying taxes there and in USA
>Public Stadium funding
>Travel expenses
>Player cultural adjustments effecting play
>Inordinate push for local talent
>A fanbase to sustain revenue for 8 games
>Lack of stateside fan support
>Legal restrictions for players with criminal records

These are just some of the issues the league and an owner would have to deal with if a team moved to London. It won't be an expansion team because of the inherent risks, the likely hood of having to relocate to the USA, and the requirement for an additional expansion team for balance.

Ultimately, it is more profitable for the league to have 8 games hosted in London than it would be to relocate a team.

He's a dumbass then. If he waters down the product to sell it overseas to people who don't want it, he can't guarantee that everyone in America will stay interested. All they'll do is kill what they have chasing something they can never get.

Hell, I live in Europe and I'd be less interested in the NFL if it started trying to go global. One of the things I enjoy the most about it is just how quintessentially American it is.

Reverse of what the Arizona Cardinals do

They always call it a sell out, but it's like 80-83k of the 90k capacity (obviously a bit less with the first rows being covered over). Still good numbers though. Hope the Colts don't rue losing to the Jags here, that was a shitshow.

It's why he's a moron
He has greatly improved the profitably of the NFL, but he's still nowhere near the goal

I doubt that applies to everyone though

That's exactly it. It's amazing how similar they are.

BASED OSI

si

>There honestly isn't a sport with better punditry than NFL in this country
It's probably because it's the only sport where Clare Balding isn't involved in some way. I didn't care when she ruined tennis, because I don't watch it often, but BBC insist on having her cover everything to do with rowing, and it's clear she knows nothing about the sport. BT have her doing rugby, and she's always on the Olympics. I swear, she makes Inverdale look good.