>sign like 10 players every year
>each one is shit

Topjej

Please use a real currency

Don't forget they pay 290k per week to both Rooney and Pogba

How does this even happen? Astonishing

Really makes you think

Are United the new Liverpool?

its like 20 billion lira per player or whatever stupid astronomical amount it converts to

>dabbing Scott Sinclair 89 million

don't forget his manager's fee

>about to be 12 points off 4th place
>kit deal will be reduced by 30% if no CL again

If Man Utd doesn't had spent this money the Chevrolet jews would take it anyway.

only blind and Zlatan seems worth it.

>14 million sterling pounds for a centreback

>Mata
>Di Maria
>Zlatan
All good players. It's the team that drags them down, or in Di Maria's case, dragged.

>Fellaini

Has made 100+ appearances for United and had large amounts of influence in the FA Cup victory last season.

>Mata

No player matches him on goals and assists since he joined the PL, he's a better KDB.

>Di Maria

Didn't lose any investment.

>Falcao

Didn't lose any investment.

>Depay

Everton will likely pay over his value because they're desperate and now Bolasie is out all season.

>Rojo

Who has provided good backup for a cheap price in this market.

>Herrera

A top drawer midfielder who will likely become a club icon over 10 years.

>Martial

The top goalscorer for United last season and one of the best upcoming players in Europe, he hasn't flopped anywhere near as hard as people like Coman.

>Blind

Hasn't put a foot wrong since joining, is versatile and at a cheap price.

>Schneiderlin

Maybe the only one who has flopped hard, but again Everton will be desperate enough to pay a big fee.

>Mkhitaryan

World class player who has been showing it recently.

>Schweinstieger

Cheap, solid backup.

>Zlatan

One of the league's best signings for free and has provided 13 goals.

>dabbing Scott Sinclair

A world class player who is young and is essential to United's midfield.
I fail to see the problem.

>this flag

>guaranteed replies

see you actually had some decent rebuttals in this, would have been a good post if you didnt go overboard

He's a defensive mid (and rather average one), only plays CB because Manure's other options there are utter wank
Agreed about Mata, but while Di Maria seemed like good purchase based on his previous season with Real, he flopped incredibly hard. Wasn't just the team dragging him down. Also giving 35 year old Zlatan such contract is insane. Sure, he has pretty good goalscoring record right now, but >mouyes plays him twice a week. It's only a matter of short time before he burns out permanently

Joke team. Its a Real Madrid wannabe. I remember them celebrating the signing of Pogba over Madrid like if they won a CL.
Pathetic.

>memepiss deoverpay

I don't think I've seen him play at all this season.

>Also giving 35 year old Zlatan such contract is insane.
Not really. When you sign Zlatan you know what you're going to get. A consistent goal scorer. Lo and behold, he's the only one scoring for them. No one else is stepping up.
Plus Zlatan isn't the "pacy run long distance" kind of player so he won't burn out as fast. He is old, but I actually think this is one of the better deals United has done in the last couple of years or so. Imagine where they'd be this season without him.

In reality of course Real was only in the bidding to get the price up so they could bleed out Manure's finances.

>Aged Zlatan Ibrahimovic is dominating Englel Premier Liege.
Just serves as a friendly reminder that Englel football is shite all over.

>Imagine where they'd be this season without him

actually developing young strikers like Martial and Rashford instead of playing them out of position or not at all so a 35 year old mercenary can score meaningless goals in a mid-table finish season

Sure if you want to be relegated that badly then go ahead.

>Martial
>Rashford
They are Eredivise level mate.

>he's the only one scoring for them
Because he plays virtually every game as the only striker up front, naturally he'll get the most golas. I'm not claiming he's doing badly, not at all, and you're right they would be much worse without him. The point is, it's incredibly short term solution. You don't have to be pacey striker to decline at that age, there comes a point where you simply can't keep up anymore. Remember Drogba? He was as fit as you can possibly get, and 35 was the breaking point for him as well. And Drogba never was a pace merchant to begin with.
Now way Zlatan keeps this up until the end of the season, let alone the next one. And his contract just got extended, as far as I know.

>implying

United will continue to be shit until they commit to player development instead of just buying up 100 mil worth of players every window

If Rashford and Martial are such shit that they would get relegated if they actually played, let them fuck off on loan to Sheffield or Watford or wherever the fuck.

But they aren't that bad, and you know it. The difference between Zlatan and Rashford starting every match is the meaningless difference between 7th and 11th place, still mid-table shit. Unless you really want Europa League, in which case Zlatan probably gets you there. Still not worth the wages and development time lost

This. Manure should have just kept Van Laal to develop youth for a season or two more and then have some next manager take over a team with great potential. I can't imagine they would be doing worse than they are right now anyway. With >mouyes they'll end up without CL qualification again, plus reliant on overpaid old man as their only goalscoring threat.

well, now i gotta fap

>being this delusional

Oh please. They're just another Januzaj/Macheda player all over again. United are infamous for overhyping shit players. Even worse with Rashford because he's English and naturally going to get more hype than he deserves.

are you serious?
everyone notices that Van Gaal made the squad unbalanced like signing Schweinsteiger and Falcao. Many MU fans think they see an improvement to the current team. For the past few draws, the players were the cause, not the tactic.

>Many MU fans think they see an improvement to the current team
Kek, who can argue with that reasoning... Manure are just as bad as previous season, both result-wise and play-wise. Except now they have a 35 year old up front instead of an 18 year old

Imagine prime Zlatan in the prem. No one would even remember memes like Torres and Drogba nowadays

>Herrera
>A top drawer midfielder who will likely become a club icon over 10 years.

lost it there

>rating the Spanish lesbian Scott Brown

don't think so m8, the PL results aren't there yet, but they look like theyre going in the right direction now

They're the post-90s Cowboys

>>Herrera
>A top drawer midfielder who will likely become a club icon over 10 years.

well, you did put some effort in this one, it's a well deserved (You)

>scored the same amount of goals as Jermain Defoe who plays for a relegation team

impossible coming to this fucking website sometimes

De gea too

me on the right

Please point out the indicators of Manure "going in the right direction" to me

The teams cohesion and ability to penetrate when going forward has definitely improved. Mourinhos signings, although definitely not playing like world beaters, are slowly increasing their level of play. Zlatan has started consistently scoring, Mkhitaryan will definitely be starting on the weekend after his recent performances, Pogba has obviously not been good, but he's been better than he was in his disastrous start. Baillee has been injured but easily had the strongest start of the four.

The playstyle van gaal utilized from 14-16 only had real success against teams that came to actually play, hence his great record against the top 6, but playing against Pulis style hoof it up the park and hope it was useless and boring. IMO unless united had truly elite players (which they definitely did and do not) that playstyle would never succeed on a consistent basis in the PL. The way Mou has them playing/trying to play now however is much more adept to the PL given what he has to work with in the squad. IF they improve upon it they will be able to compete against the top teams as well as the lower table teams .I believe they will improve in the months to come, not that they'll win the league, but a lot more of those D's will become W's.

>inb4 im a customer or some shit
are u the serb obsessed with united

oh shit I thought you were a serb this whole time

>Mouyes would rather play a 35 year old and Rooney in the Europa league against literally who instead of Rashford and Martial

Mouyes is literally cancer for young players coming through. Your run of expensive oldfags is only going to continue.

Wouldn't be surprised if he signs Drogba on 300 thousand dollarydoos a week desu

>paying the Swedish Berbatov 260k a week
>"a good deal"

Meanwhile a hungry English striker who cost nothing can't even get a game in the Yuropa league

>January window
>Mouyes brings in big game JT, Drogba and good old Frank
>go unbeaten the rest of the season and lift the title

feels good man

Mata isn't even a 20th of the player he was at Chelsea desu
He's still decent, but he's a shadow of his former self

>Mata
>Better KDB

no

>Blind
>Hasn't put a foot wrong

definitely no

>Pogba
>World class

kek

better luck next time

That's impressive wall of text, however it falls apart right with the first claim
>ability to penetrate when going forward
Mouyes' whole creative plan is hoofing the ball to Ibrahimovic and hope he scores or deflects for a chance, that's how Manure managed to score 70% of their goals. Casuals probably think fast pace is an improvement over Van Laal's boreball, but it's just visual. In fact, stats prove they're similiary "effective".
No need to defend >mouyes' transfer strategy, at this point it's obvious why these players were chosen. All represented by Raiola, coincidence? If you want an example of club going forward and improving, look at Chelsea. It didn't Conte take long to fix the mess >mouyes left behind. Manure in their current state are a lost cause, I'd actually feel sorry a customers a bit if they were't such deluded cunts.
One rarely perceptive customer here on Sup Forums summed it up perfectly - United should have got someone to stop the ship from sinking before thinking of winning the league. Instead they wanted instant success and went for >mouyes, somehow ignoring he's completely lost it.

abu here but I rate mata

>imagine where they'd be this season without him
since Zlatan stopped caring about anything other than waiting for the ball and trying to score, he's been dragging teams down; just look at our national team and united now. If it wasn't for him, they'd be developing talents and building for the future instead of playing a shitty form of football completely based on getting the ball to Zlatan and hoping he'll score

and here i was trying to have a meaningful discussion

>they'd be developing talents and building for the future instead of playing a shitty form of football completely based on getting the ball to Zlatan and hoping he'll score
100% correct. Too bad Manure aren't a real football club anymore, so "youth development" or "thinking ahead" aren't part of the business plan

>They're just another Januzaj/Macheda player all over again
they ill be unless they get time to develop

>that's how Manure managed to score 70% of their goals
Prove it

>ill
willl*

>building for the future instead of playing a shitty form of football completely based on getting the ball to Zlatan and hoping he'll score
I keep seeing this shitty argument regurgitated everywhere
Would we have made it to the Euros without Zlatan? Would we have made it out of the group stages if he wasn't playing?
Answer to both those questions is no and you know, so the fact is that we were better off with him than without him

>hurr if only our best player didn't play
fucking retard

Also if you had seen a single United game this season you would know that Z routinely has to track back into midfield to bring the ball forward, just like he did in the NT because supply was so shit. Incidentally he did the same thing at PSG when they had their rough periods and he carried the whole team on his shoulders
/rant

I simply dont agree

prime Drogba is literally unforgettable

>Mouyes' whole creative plan is hoofing the ball to Ibrahimovic and hope he scores or deflects for a chance
Not really, I think Mou has some sort of tactical plan in his head but since he's a shit manager nowadays he hasn't managed to implement it (good job benching Mkhitaryan)

So the results are that Utd pass the ball around on the wings until a cross comes in which Zlatan sometimes reaches first.

The fact that Mouyes benches Mkhi (the player Utd need to be able to penetrate centrally) while playing Pogba in a more defensive role than he had at Juve is to blame for all of this

I'm fine with this though as I get to laugh at United customers

Figuratively speaking There's zero threat from Manure besides hoping Ibrahimovic does something
kek

We probably wouldn't, but that's because our shitty manager based his entire tactic around Zlatan and literally nothing else. If you can't see how much better we're playing since they both left you're delusional.

>if only our best player didn't play
Doesn't matter if he's the best or the worst; when you have a player who basically only stands around and waits for the ball to drop at his feet the all-round play is inevitably going to suffer. If Zlatan had been to Sweden was Bale is to Wales we wouldn't've been the worst team in the entire tournament. In fact, we'd be pretty decent.

For the sake of argument, it should be added that Zlatan was nothing but an asset for the team when he was in his prime and was willing to put in at least some of the work.

Don't bother Marek, britbongs have been shitting on Ibra for 10 years so now when he's the best player in their biggest team they need to come up with excuses as to why he's actually shit and the bad season is all his fault

Admitting they we're wrong all along would make them look bad

> Best player in the biggest team

Biggest =/= best, just as a note

>Mou has some sort of tactical plan in his head but since he's a shit manager nowadays he hasn't managed to implement it
That's possible, we can only judge what we see on the pitch though.
>playing Pogba in a more defensive role
He'd have to change formation to utilize Pogba, and he's too much of a bitter stubborn cunt to do that. Le dabbing Sissoko can't play #6 or #10, and there's nowhere else to put him in 4-2-3-1

comes out of the 89

>he's a better KDB

Lol no he isn't

A bargain la

>If you can't see how much better we're playing since they both left you're delusional.
You're basing that off of two competitive games? nice
I'll admit that we looked good against France but that was more down to the crazy form Forsberg is in right now

I'll agree that Hamrén was a terrible manager. But saying that his whole plan was hoofing it to Zlatan and that this was somehow stifling the team is such a casual opinion I can barely be bothered to answer it

Fact is that we had no gameplan at all under Hamrén. There were no clearly defined roles on the pitch, no lines in our play and to make it worse, no defensive stabilty like we had with Lagerbäck. The clearest example of this could be seen in our match against Belgium this summer when we reconquered possession high up the pitch with the whole Belgian team in our half, instead of hitting them hard on the counter Lewicki passed it back to Granquist.

The result of this floundering build-up play was, like I said, that Zlatan had to drop deep into midfield all the time in order to catalyze attacking plays, and faggots like you interpreted it as "hurr why are we relying on Zlatan so much we should play Guidetti instead"

And the whole "He doesn't run so he's shit" is such a stupid argument, probably born from the anglophilia deeply inprinted in the Swedish national psyche. Well that mentality has made England a fucking embarrasment on the senior NT level since 1966 and I facepalm everytime I see Swedish EPL-boos utter the same argument

Zlatan is literally 105kg and 35 years old yet you want him to make defensive runs for 90 minutes? Give me a break

All this being said I'm optimistic towards Janne Andersson as our new NT head coach, at least it can't get any worse

As a huge serie a-boo I watched him quite a lot in Juventus

They tried him in a number of different roles there, and it took a strong manager like Conte to force him to NOT try to do everything on the pitch
In the end he was deployed to the left in a three-man midfield and given a license to roam a lot in the opponents half, which is where he should be. So he can dribble (creating numeric advantages) and make use of his awesome long distance shooting

>this is what Seria A babbies actually believe

>can't even spell Serie A
>a fucking LEAF
>>>/hoc/

Let's take a look at Ibra's goals as an example then
>Bournemouth A
Long range goal
>Southampton H
1 penalty, 1 cross from Rooney
>City H
Bravo error, Ibra hits on the volley
>Swansea A
1 long range goal, 1 finish in the box after round a defender
>West Ham H (league)
Header after a long pass from Pogba
>Everton A
Chipped in from long range
>Leicester in Community Shield
Header from a Valencia cross
>West Ham (cup)
1 close finish after a Mkhitaryan backheel, 1 tap in from a Herrera run
>Zorya H
Close range header from a miss-hit Rooney shot
>Zorya A
Pogba through ball for Ibra to slot finish

If you genuinely think crosses are hoofing then you're an idiot. The only one even close to hoofball was maybe the West Ham at home. Even then, that wasn't just a hopeful long pass from defence, it was a good pass from Pogba.

That's just going off his goals alone though. Maybe you can show me examples of goals that were scored thanks to hoofball? I mean it was you who made up the 70% figure after all. United haven't scored a lot of goals but surely there's enough available to prove me wrong?

Oh look a fucking anglo in a footy thread, just what we needed

Sounds about right. The joke is that Juve got a superior player for less than a third kek

What I think marek meant was that United are horribly uncreative in attack, especially when trying to penetrate centrally, so a lot of their attacking play comes down to crosses or moments of individual brilliance resulting in Zlatan goals

They've created the 4th most chances in the league. It's not really that bad.

Pjanic hasn't been great at all though, stats aren't everything in football unlike baseball and basketball
Both he and Higuain are having trouble fitting into Allegris system
Right now they're still performing well because they are so dominant quality-wise compared to the rest of the league, but unless something drastic is done I don't think they'll make it far in the CL

>You're basing that off of two competitive games?
You can easily see how much more movement there is in our attacking play now, especially on our wings. Everybody is making runs and creating chances for each other.

>But saying that his whole plan was hoofing it to Zlatan and that this was somehow stifling the team is such a casual opinion I can barely be bothered to answer it.
Then why are players who played under Hamrén saying that there was virtually no tactic in the last Euros? I'd like you to tell me if you could discern a more advanced offensive tactic than hoofing it to Zlatan.

I'm not a Guidetti shill btw as he hasn't even come close to proving himself yet, even though he does put in the work.

>And the whole "He doesn't run so he's shit" is such a stupid argument, probably born from the anglophilia deeply inprinted in the Swedish national psyche

Zlatan is a great player, I'm saying nothing else. As long as he was available, I wanted him to start every game. Still, all he contributed was the goals and nothing else and under Hamrén, that became a liability among many. I'll say this though: a coach like Janne would probably have integrated Zlatan into the offensive play much more effectively.

Also, unless you're looking at 50+ men, Swedes are way more infatuated with La Liga nowadays

>Spend a gorillion dollars on attacking players
>Only fourth in chances created
>"it's not that bad"
You support United don't you

>who made up the 70% figure after all
As implied by "figuratively" here --> What's hoofball for you? Just exactly what Pulis team do and nothing else? Because in my definition crosses and long balls with low accuracy (Pogba's "passes") qualify, so that's already a third of goals you listed there. Not to mention how many hoofballs don't even get to Ibrahimovic or he fails to capitalize, as evident by Manure being the least successful PL team in converting chances. Solely relying on an old man and tearing him down every match is all what Manure do these days, truly a genius of >mouyes.

I think they spent £27m on them this summer, unless Pogba counts too?

The likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal and even Liverpool have much more settled teams thanks to wise investment, safe and reliable managers/managerial changes and patience. To be behind just 3 of them really isn't that bad.

Hoofball, by it's actual definition, is mindlessly punting it up field as a primary tactic all game. That's what it's been and what it always will be. And it isn't what United are doing, United can create space for themselves.

And it's not even Ibra wasting chances either, it's a lot of players. He gets most of the blame because he's there to do one thing, score goals against shit teams. Which he wasn't doing a few weeks ago.

>stats aren't everything in football
So how do we judge players, YouTube compilations? Lets leave that to customers and Manure transfer team. Pjanic is very good, second highest rated midfielder in Serie A and just put in two Man of the Match performances in a row. Most importantly, he covers Pogba's goals and assists without giving the balls away every four minutes.

>You can easily see how much more movement there is in our attacking play now, especially on our wings.
This is more down to Hamrén OUT and Forsberg being in Messi-like form
>Then why are players who played under Hamrén saying that there was virtually no tactic in the last Euros?
But that's what I was saying too. That we had no gameplan. Somehow people like you are trying to shift the blame onto Zlatan for this, I mean what did you want from him?
>Zlatan stays in his position, waiting for the ball to come to him
"omg look at him. So lazy. Makes no effort for the team"
>Zlatan drops down to collect balls because our team is shit at servicing him
"Look at this shit. Our whole gameplan is passing it to Zlatan. We'd be better of without him"
That's how I interpret this whole discussion, damned if you do damned if you don't

I get the feeling a lot of people are frustrated by the fact that we are generally shit so they pin a lot of it on our best player. I even remember when this shit started, he was out for some qualifier and the team won 3-2 against Holland (who had already qualified)
Then the next day the media ran headlines like "WHY THE TEAM IS BETTER WITHOUT ZLATAN" and since then I've heard this argument over and over

>Still, all he contributed was the goals and nothing else and under Hamrén
Like I said, what exactly did you want from him? I don't really think I'll be able to change your mind on anything but please do some sort of introspection

>Also, unless you're looking at 50+ men, Swedes are way more infatuated with La Liga nowadays
Only people I know who support La Liga clubs are immigrants, and then it's of course always Real/Barca
EPL clubs are vastly more popular than any other in Sweden.

Pogba, Mkhi and Ibra amounts to alot more than 27M my friend
>So how do we judge players, YouTube compilations?
I don't know, how about fucking watching the games?
>two Man of the Match performances in a row
According to whom? He's been better the last few weeks but as a whole he's been dissapointing these first few months

I won't deny that he's a great player though, I hope he does well. His problem at Roma was always that he wasn't consistent, maybe they'll rectify that at Juve.

I'm not blaming Zlatan for all of this; after all, he's just a player and does what he is told to do.
I should rephrase myself: the problem isn't Zlatan himself - the problem is how he's used by managers. Like I said, Janne could probably make much better use of him than Hamrén.

>the most expensive player ever doesn't count

kys retard

thats pennies for clubs now

Isn't Pogba being played as a defensive midfielder every game?

>unless Pogba counts too
Since he was supposed to be a playmaker ("I came to Manchester to create" lmao), yeah I'd say he counts toward the creative investment. Well, creative...
Sticking to your rigid definition, alright, it isn't hoofball. It's "we're pretty much fucked unless we move the play to old mercenary whose legs can give up any moment now, short or long" ball.
>He gets most of the blame
Maybe by clueless customers. Without him bailing Manure out constantly they would be even worse off, probably somewhere in the region where >mouyes was with Chelsea when he got sacked.

True
I don't think the problem with Hamrén was how he used Zlatan, I think everything about him was shit
Shit defence, shit build-up play, shit mental coaching, shit relationship with the media
Prime Zlatan with Janne would've been a sight to see. Now I just hope Forsberg stays on this level while Guidetti finds a new club where he can bloom, and Nilsson-Lindelöf grows into the new Mellberg