ITT: Films that were better than you expected

ITT: Films that were better than you expected.

Just watched it and I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was paced well and looked great. I actually consider it one of the most enjoyable films I've watched this year.

>tfw poor box office performance so might not get a sequel.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-pulls-massive-871688
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

totally with you OP.

Sup Forums actually primed me to hate it and i was ready for cringe but it was really good in the end. Especially the Orc part was captivating.

it was better than the forest awakens and bvs

never trusting Sup Forums again

>poor box office performance
Nigga, what? It made an absolute killing in China, it's getting a sequel.

Got to say based on the trailers I was expecting the worst. But either they fixed some of the 'fake' looking stuff in post-production or in the context of the entire movie rather than a 2 minute trailer it actually looked fine. Not perfect by any means but far from the disaster it could have been.

Agreed. Marketing was shit though and made it fail in USA hard. China saved it though, I think it's gonna be another Pacific Rim. Also they didn't use this poster instead of the other and this one is so much better motherfuckers

No it didn't. No it isn't.

It's one of the highest ranked in China dumbass. It's not getting a sequel yet, probably take a few years but wouldn't be surprised if a sequel is announced when the Chinese market is supposed to take over the American in 2017 and all their big companies are behind Warcraft.

Is that official?

If a sequel is somehow made it will be made with a Chinese cast, with a different director and with a lower budget, retard.

>one of the highest ranked in china
feel free to elaborate

You can't.

>Warcraft
>good

It didn't stick to the story. Human acting was atrocious. Shit OC characters. Way too WoW pandering. Brown Orcs. Everybody keeps saying fel. Humans look like cheap cosplayers.

I'm guessing they got Travis Fimmel for the project before the script was written. Since he couldn't very well play Khadgar (whom the story should be about), they had to switch focus to Lothar.

>retard
Lemme throw that right back at ya.
Warcraft was funded by mostly Chinese companies, including Legendary(also made TDK and the Lost World). Wanda(who owns Legendary which is based in the USA) also owns most of the theater chains in the world including AMC. That means they take money directly from them. That means this movie profited more than Batman Begins. There's no way in hell a sequel would have a full Asian cast outside of Daniel Wu and a few others, as Asians love white people. The outcome will be similar to Pacific Rim but this made more than Pacific Rim with a lower budget.

>There's no way in hell a sequel would have a full Asian cast outside of Daniel Wu and a few others, as Asians love white people.

You really know shit, retard.

Fuck off.

Wanda didn't buy Legendary till this year.

Here's your you

>capeshit fans are this triggered by warcraft

Yep, and before Warcraft was released. Thus they profited through theater sales around the world as well as through Legendary. It's the 8th highest grossing film of all time in China.

>manchildren still think this movie was somehow a success

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, you aborted fucks.

>Brown Orcs

Learn your lore, noob.

US films do well in china because they're not chinese.

So, no, legendary is not going to suddenly start making all-asian movies.

But this is all irrelevant, as chinese government didn't put the foreign movie taxes back into legendary. So legendary/warcraft made the same amount of money in chinas as any other foreign movie. So legendary's chinese releases are basically just legal embezzling for wanda.

You probably were considered for abortion, but were either given up for adoption or had slightly religious parents. You are probably a failure in every sense of the word. I hope you find happiness friend.

>says the stupid manchildren that plays with kiddy toys

EL OH EL

you're both retarded faggots please stop lowering the level of discourse, thanks.

Wanda is a huge factor in the film business, and Chinese government even. This includes Legendary which is now owned by Legendary. They won't include all Asian casts but they're gonna shell out the cash for other caucasian starring actors(like The Great Wall with Matt Damon) The Chinese government will put money into films as they often do it illegally.

Legendary which is now owned by Wanda*
It's late

Way to completely misunderstand everything about and respond with total gibberish.

Warcraft was only good news for the Chinese government. They'll put in the cash and they'll back Wanda(who owns Legendary/AMC theaters) and they will see to it that they'll become bigger than Hollywood in the next few years.

>dat level of delusion

Are you gonna shit bricks when it happens?
hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-pulls-massive-871688
>If the current rates of growth keep up in China, the country will surpass North America as the world's largest film market in early 2017.

WOW... FUCKING NOTHING...

Shills are so fucking pathetic.

The pacing was shit, some of the acting was terrible.

Overall it exceeded my expectations because I thought it would be garbage, it was slightly better than garbage.

I liked it, mostly due to the huge amount of nods towards the games. Other than that it wasn't anything special, I gave it a generous 6.5/10

I liked it but then again I used to play it.

For someone with no background in wow, I can't imagine they would have liked it. Too many names and places thrown at you with hardly any background information on the characters. Must have been really confusing.

I thought it was great. The human actors did a terrible job, but besides that I really liked it

For starters, chinese business and government are the same thing. China buys foreign companies, then sort of embezzles from them legally through all the foreign trade tarrifs.

Warcraft, somehow, drew more people into theaters on Saturday than the sold out midnight showings of Friday. The "record five day" premier of warcraft was actually lower than a lot of other movies released in china. But those movies set "weekend" records, not "five day" records. Warcraft was the first movie with a "five day" record.

Warcraft, total, made about 200m in china. That's dogshit for legendary. But wanda gets to pocket most of that money because they own the theaters and they're part of the government.

All in all, the idea that warcraft was some sort of stellar success is bullshit and falls apart under the most casual of scrutiny.

Wait, what part of Wanda owning Legendary do you not comprehend?

Decent vidyakino. I'm not even a fan of the games.

I have. There were no brown orcs before the travesty that raped the lore with the force of thousand retcons.

I played Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. There weren't any brown orcs. I played Warcraft II. Still no brown orcs. I played Warcraft 3. Orcs turned red after drinking the blood of Mannoroth (for the second time) but STILL. NO. FUCKING. BROWN. ORCS.

I never played WoW because it's gay.

what part of chinese government still taxing legendary as if it is a foreign company and wanda/china pocketing those taxes, rather than put them back into legendary, are you missing?

I mean, I know the answer is "all of it."

Cool. Too bad the novels are canon and orcs have have reddish/brown skin like native americans until they're corrupted by demon blood/fel magic.

Legendary is a fucking Chinese company now. They have a headquarters in China and another in the US. It's part of how they're trying to take over the film business you mongo. Legendary/Wanda are the same thing and the Chinese govt is trying to help it anyway they can as they're rivals to Disney.

The novels are retcons as well, bro.

But its okay. You don't have to continue. Anyone who willingly reads commissioned video game fanfiction is barely sentient in the first place.

I expected it to be dogshit, but it turned out okay. It's definitely for people familiar with the series and I can't imagine many who weren't familiar with it to have liked the movie.

>might not get a sequel.

oh its getting one. but they better not fuck around and take 12 years to make it

What direction will they go with the sequel?

2nd War, Lothar getting BTFO by Doomhammer.

I'd like them to go for different races storyline.

When was the scourge and fall of Stratholme relative to first movie timeline?

The Arthas storyline done well would be great.