What's Sup Forums's opinion on Razer? I just picked up the Ornata and I like it a lot

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Razer? I just picked up the Ornata and I like it a lot.

fucking terrible quality
went through three keyboards and five+ mice from razer.

bought a corsair keyboard and logitech mouse and never looked back. Never buying another razer product. Fuck razer.

**all of them broke within 2-3 months.

I think once I have enough money, I'll get an ROG so I can monitor my cpu temperature.

what does that have anything to do with this thread or what i just said

It wouldn't break within the first month would it?

It's mid ranged tier so:
The elitist will snob it, and will call you a fanboy
The avg user will get a pretty nice mid ranged product with all the back lighting, macro's and gaming look they can eat.

The Razer Naga mouse is a Mainstay of MMO's

Tl:dr It's mid priced mid ranged entry level marketed for the Gamer / On the flip side high end keyboards can view gaming as an after thought.

I've had a death adder 2013 since 2013 just don't be a fucking spastic and smash it

No. For the first month the products are fine. After a month or two of light use (I take very good care of my shit, i never slam my mouse or keyboard) shit like the middle click stop working, mouse clicks may need to be pressed on harder than normal. On my keyboard, my S key wouldn't respond half the time it gets pressed.

Have a blackwidow chroma and kraken pro.. no problems yet

i've had several razer mice in the past as well as one keyboard. i can't speak for their current quality but when i had them they were great mice. in fact my parents still use my 10+ year old copperhead for their mouse. i also owned a lachesis which gave me no problems. the razer keyboard i had was the first one they ever produced called the lycosa. never had any problems with it. it seems like you either get a product that breaks immediately or you get a product that lasts forever when you buy razer. either way enjoy it until it dies. people are way to serious about this shit. it's not like you're spending five figures on a car or something.

currently using a logitech g602 mouse and a ducky mechanical keyboard.

Been through 3 sets of earphones (one set was broken out the box), 2 headsets and a mouse. Fucking terrible build quality. Really wish I didn't have the mentality of "oh it looks cool and it's priced high so it MUST be good". I was (and probably still am) a mong

I agree with this guy, worst quality on and pc gear ive ever bought. I have gotten a few free keyboards and a mouse but its bound to break soon again. I even told them that they should give the chinese kids who build the razer gear some better wares.
>pic related, my first keyboard that broke(you have to cut the cord for them to send you a new one)

I love my Taipan, best claw mouse I have ever used and it's worked for years.

Checked, For my mouse, I'm using a Logitech g300s

Lol funny, i had a razer naga molten 2013 and the sensor on the mouse broke adter a year, got a replacement that didnt work for more than a week. Fuck razer

That's kinda gay.

Like apple. Overpriced and overhyped but solid and reliable build quality.

Stfu kid, solid my ass. My 8 year old wireless mouse works better after 8 years than any racer muse ive owned.

Yeah I've been using a naga for years. no issues.

that's standard warranty practice in many industries. they don't want to pay to ship it back but they also need to make sure they aren't getting scammed left and right. we do it at out work with $1000+ items. sometimes we don't cut the cord and just creative with hammers.

I've only heard great things about the razer death adder

Just bought a headset, mouse and keyboard, haven't had a problem since. Better then most generic brands.

meh "gaming headset" are all overpriced trash no matter the brand you buy. just use your webcam's mic and buy yourself a decent pair of head phones like the audio technica m50x.

bought my headphones from them.

It took like an hour to set up because I had to log in to some bullshit to get it to work, and it's USB so I can't plug it into my record player or anything.

And it took another hour or so to configure because the fucking volume would creep up every time I stopped and started music. It's apparently a known issue and really fucking annoying. I'm going to use them until they die and buy a different brand because holy fuck it was too much fucking work to get sound to play out of them at a reasonable volume

Yep. I use a v-moda m100 with their boom mic. Best "gaming headset" I've used.

Some people have bad luck with them, some people have great luck. Personally I've never had an issue with their stuff until it was at least 4+ years that I was using it daily.

i own a razer orochi for my portable laptop mouse. gets a ton of attention at meetings. people fucking love that little thing.

How do you retards do this kind of shit? there's no way it's the product, you idiots just rage and probably beat the shit out of your equipment like a bunch of autists.

I bought this Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma 3 YEARS AGO. Cleaned it out and it's basically brand new. $20

I got this 2014 Naga from my brother for free. He claimed the sensor wasn't working and bought a new one. I fucking cleaned it with a Q-TIP AND IT WORKS LIKE NEW

>ITT retards who buy expensive shit and break it.

razer has more lemons than most high end companies. like i said earlier. you either get something that works until the end of time or you get something that will break quickly. very little middle ground

cont

None of my cords are even close to frayed either.

I also have a Kraken Chroma. Probably the best headset i've ever used.

If you are in college and broke go for it but it is trash. Never will own anything made by them.

Youre hilarious, im actually very carefull with my pc gear since i dont have a lot of money. Never hit my mouse or my keyboard ever. Just because youre autistic doesnt mean everyone else is

>very careful with my PC gear
>cord is fucking cut in half

I think razer is great. my first product was the original chameleon diamondback. 15 years later, and I still use it as my primary mouse. note, i do not play much FPS.

I have two kraken headphones. the USB 5.0 one, and the newer analog 2.0 one. had to replace the 5.0 one because i broke it out of my own fault by tripping over the cable.

got a really nice low profile keyboard, not too much exposure to other razer products tho, i may have just been lucky.

Im not sure if you actually read what i wrote... YOU HAVE TO CUT THE CORD FOR THEM TO SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT. DID THE CAPS LOCK HELP?

I love my keyboard(black widow 2013) and headset(kraken 7.1 chroma) on my 2nd death adder but first one lasted 4 years so mice are ok and I bought the mouse pad to match and its good if price is a concern honestly buy corsair very nice but yeah razer is meme gear and you are buying the brand but they work fine for me.

Razer is great and has never failed me. Except the Hammer Heads never buy the fucking Hammer Heads

I used to use the deathstalker.

I also have a Deathstalker. puts less strain on the wrist.

>kraken 7.1 chroma
trash taste in audio equipment.
also the headseat only has 2 drivers not 7 and a sub

true, But the cool thing about the Ornata is that the wrist pad is padded.

That was one of my problems with it, other than the chiclet keys.

>This is very true
Deathstalker is what i can afford at the time

>trash taste

t. sennheiser user

they work fine friend

True, it's pretty inexpensive. I think I got mine for about 50 bucks.

>40$
Fuck me i should have searched harder and waited longer

Probably, I bought it a long time ago so I don;t remember the exact price. The Ornata is serving me well though.

Granted it was a cheap one so it didn't have chroma. They charge like, 20 bucks more for a chroma.

Same with the Deathstalker,damn dog today nearly used it as a chew toy

Had the same Naga for 3 years. Still going strong even after 7-13 hours of use a day.

Had a blackwidow keyboard but replaced it because i was a fucking tard and spilled drink on it. Other than that pretty good.

>sennheiser user
how did you know?

what user was saying is that you overpayed for a reddit tier headset

point me to something better than

also if you claim items to be ((reddit tier)) maybe its not the product that is the problem

back to

audio technica mx50