KINO HORROR

Only kino horror allowed. Preferably semi-obscure

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hausu

end thread

Watched Suspiria a few days ago, great movie. What other argento's should i check out?

Tenebrae
Inferno
Opera
Deep Red

You should also check out the directors Lucio Fulci, Mario Bava and Sergio Martino

The Borderlands.

Best horror in years.

Probably will watch this tonight. Stoked.

This too, of course.

These are great, too, and I suggest you watch the neo-Giallos made by Helene Cattet and Bruno Forzani - Amer and The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears. They're incredible.

I watched the Beyond yesterday night. It was awful, I can't believe it

And this is also cool, decent use of found footage and good character development. Ending was astounding.

A few picks of mine:
Blair Witch Project (fite me)
I Can See You
Noroi
Occult (the one made by Shiraishi)
Cannibal Holocaust (if it counts)
The Nightmare
The Haunting
Across the River

Is this any good? A buddy of mine keeps telling me to watch it.

it has those little ceasars leafs so it's probably good

I like The Beyond, but it certainly isn't Fulci's best. Have you seen A Lizard in a Woman's Skin? It's GOAT

I haven't. Truth be told, I'm fairly sure it was my first Fulci movie - which is kind of inexcusable if you're Italian and into horror, I know - but it was hyped by all of my friends, whom I know to be well schooled in matters of horror... and it was an incredible let down. I'm usually not one to shit on movies wantonly but fuck, there wasn't annything in the first hour of it that I'd salvage and the last twenty or so minutes were okay only because of their retardness. It felt like a schlocky ten cents horror comic from the seventies, which isn't inherently bad, but I guess I was expecting a bit more. Still, I'll see his other movies.

I watched this thinking it was a samurai movie. I was pleasantly surprised

wow this thread is off to a good start...

Here's an old favorite of mine. Best ending of any horror film I ever saw.

It's more of a meta/art-house thing than a normal horror movie. It definitely held my attention, but I honestly didn't understand what it was all about in the end. I'd say it's worth a watch, just adjust your expectations. It's not a fun horror flick, not a lot of special effects or anything, more like low-budget David Lynch

Watched pic related some days ago. Pure kino.

Jigoku
New York ripper (Fulci Giallo)
the living dead at Manchester morgue
the blind dead series
Nekromantik
Buio Omega
Cemetery man
just a few off the top of my head.

Well he mostly made trashy horror movies later in his career, you either love that sort of thing or not. I think you'd really enjoy his early gialli though, and A Lizard in a Woman's Skin is one of the best in the genre

>but I honestly didn't understand what it was all about in the end.
I haven't seen it in like 2 years, but from what I remember It was basically doing the exact same thing that Cabin in the Woods did in a less obnoxiously blunt way.

Amer is indeed amazing, but I literally fell asleep during The Strange Color AKA close up of eyeballs: the film. I don't recall ever falling asleep during a film ever, it was a first for me. That's quite the feat!

Berberian Sound Studio is decent

As near as I could figure it, the main character realized that he was a character in the movie, and he realized that the audience wanted him and his friend to die. But there was still a lot I didn't understand about the artifacts he was finding in the woods, the old guy with the weird drugs, etc. Cool movie, though.

just watch that fucking purge anarcky its so good man

No it isn't. That movie was literally nothing.

Yeah, I think so too. Already have a few downloaded, I'll probably watch them soon. Now that I remember, though, I've watched Contraband - that was a great film. You seen it?

Just curious, how come? It doesn't really jump to mind as one of those films that can lull you to sleep.

i know you're memeing but it's actually alright, absolute flick tho

It was overdirected, had ugly sets and look to it (like Suspiria had it been produced on a 2 dollar budget), repetitive scenes and cinematography, and nothing to keep my interest as in terms of either plot or mood/atmosphere. It also lacked the subtlety of Amer, it was just bang, loud, bang, loud, bang, bang. I think a good film has moments of rest to make the intense moments feel more intense, this film had none of that. I've heard many people walked out on it during the screenings at film festivals. Understandably so.

>I've only seen his horror films, will check it out

damn greentext

>absolute flick
flickkinó confirmed??

>Deep Red
Probably gonna get called a moron for this, but I'd actually recommend NOT watching the director's cut of this film. The added scenes really don't add anything new and they're dubbed in Italian while the rest of the film is in English and it's really jolting when they pop up.

It's what Cabin in the Woods wishes it would have been. It's a meta horror, but it's so much better as a meta horror than TCitW while still being fairly disturbing.

Here's why there are so few good horror movies. The horror is a difficult genre to work with. Because its so blatantly manipulative. You have to place a dark veil in front of the lens and literally blind the audience to make the tricks work. Its very difficult to make a good horror movie and an emotionally effective horror movie at the same time.

>experimental horror
The movie "Amer", while not what I'd call high quality cinema, sometimes does a good job at manipulating. If anyone is interested in Giallo style of moviemaking this is a must watch.

How do I get into horror? I usually just freak out at horror movies. It literally has the same effect on me as with kids, I go to bed with a paranoia feeling. It's not pleasant.

Sleep away camp and its ending sucks wtf

Kairo.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI
This scene alone is pure horror kino.

Here's a post I made on a forum a little while ago

"Some of my favorites, most of these may not be considered "horror", but achieve exactly what horror sets out to do: to provide the viewer with a scary and uncanny as hell experience. If you want to get frightened, give them a try. Pure horror doesn't work on me and I am not too fond of the genre, but films like these I can't get enough of. Think of them as psychological mind f*cks.

1. Inland Empire (Lynch)
2. Arrebato (Zulueta)
3. Un Vie Nouvelle (Grandrieux)
4. Sombre (Grandrieux)
5. Vinyan (Du Welz)
6. A Page of Madness (Kinugasa)
7. Angst (Kargl)
8. Lost Highway (Lynch)
9. Fire Walk With Me (Lynch)
10. Visitor of a Museum (Lopushansky)
11. Suspiria (Argento)
12. Kuroneko (Shindo)