Oh man... if we don't win this pod race we're going to be stuck on this planet forever!!!

>oh man... if we don't win this pod race we're going to be stuck on this planet forever!!!

what the fuck? why didn't they just call up yoda and use the jedi credit card to buy a new ship?

seriously what the fuck?

or the naboo consulate. bitch is a princess.

Or have a Jedi come get them

we're keeps of the peace, not ubers

Because the council would've sensed a great disturbance in their balance sheet

>oh man... if we don't win this pod race we're going to be stuck on this planet forever!!!

They never said that. I don't want to defend Lucas' shitty writing in the Prequels but it's clear that Qui-Gon wanted to get Anakin off the planet and thus made the bet with Watto.

Because space kike said he doesn't accept credits, only space shekels.

I think it's fairly appropriate to say, from that single encounter, every vendor on the entire planet would feel the same.

Did they actually resolve any situations peacefully, seems like they spent most of the time snowballing things into a larger conflict even greedily snatching up a mysteriously 'pre-ordered' clone army to do their bidding of galactice warfare.
I mean the Phantom Menace starts off with two of their best warriors sent in to 90% likely attempt assassination.

Yep. Honestly, most the hate the prequels get is total bullshit.

Or why, even with a broken engine that ship had to be worth enough to sell to buy a smaller ship.

>space kike
I always thought he's a space muslim

Really?

>that nose
>space muslim

u wot

Semites, not even once

He's a space dego. He has the neckbeard and hat of a sleazy italian in ep 2

Hey. Padme is a nice lady. Dont disrespect Queen Hershlag with such disrespectful way of referring to her

No, most hate is pretty justified. There's just some minor bullshit arguments that don't get called out often.

Heh

The Jedi Apprentice books gave us a pretty good idea what an average mission went like. There was usually substantially less deaths than in the movies but equal or more property damage, they destroyed a SHITLOAD of droids in every book.

Muslims are basically fake-kikes to begin with. They stole all their religious shit from the jews in the first place.

We don't get to see the boring ones where Jedi use their immense patience and understanding and ability to extend empathy to others in order to negotiate a peaceful settlement. We only get to see the times where they have to enter into aggressive negotiations.

>The Jedi are hypocrites who don't do what they say they do
Fucking Sherlock over here

>We don't get to see the boring ones
Clearly you didn't watch Phantom Menace

The Jedis are basically the Americans of the Star Wars Universe. They feel that they need to be the "Galaxy Police" and intervene in all kinds of shit, but only make everything worse for the involved civilizations.

Queen Padme Naberrie Amilidala
From House of Naberrie

A pod race loss can mean only one thing.

>trade federation has their army outside your planet because they want to force you to sign a treaty
>queen keeps refusing to sign
>all the communication on the planet is suddenly interrupted
"Oh must be an accident or something and not at all related to the armies posed to invade us who would really like it if we couldn't send messages out for help while they're invading us."

You and other prequel haters are fools who throw all logic out the window in order to perform mental gymnastics to hate everything about these films.

You are correct.
Nevertheless our communications are still disrupted.

What's the lore behind the Bibble-cube again?
Couldn't find anything on wookiepiedia.

It's the way it was written.
If he said
>A communication disruption? That can't be a coincidence, I fear the Trade Federation is preparing for invasion.
Or something like that, people would be fine.
But he just had to say CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING, as if communication disruptions can only ever be caused by invasions.

>all the communication on the planet is suddenly interrupted

Haven't watched it in a while, but do they actually state the entire planet is disrupted or is it just the hologram being cut off in the palace?

Hahaha prequels are soo ful of shit

Why would a junk salesman that sells republic space ship parts refuse to take republican currency? Do banks just not exist in the Star Wars universe?

Yeah, if anything, he would take advantage of their desperation to demand that they pay him twice as much in Galactic credits than they would in Tatooine money.

The only reason to disrupt communications would be an invasion.

Who cares though, lucas can't write

How else could they shoehorn in a 30 minute podrace?

Or it could simply be equipment failure. Or a stepping up of the blockade, or a targeted interruption of that communication.

To be totally fair to him, literally every time communications go down in a star wars movie, it means only one thing.

Remember AotC?

The hologram is cut off. Presumably all communications on the planet had been disrupted too, but he didn't bother checking or making sure. Based on one hologram being cut off, he immediately concluded that all communications must have been cut off and clearly INVASION. If somebody had come and said "all communication systems on the planet have stopped working, sir", then it would be fine.

Four simultaneous invasions.

ITS OUTRAGEOUS!

So what you're saying is he is pretty much the Madagascar of planet Naboo

Written and Directed by George Lucas
/thread

You're taking the quote out of context in order to nitpick.

Within the context, we as an audience and they as characters know that the Trade Federation is threatening them and poised to invade. He's not saying that all communication disruptions are caused by invasions, but rather analyzing the situation that exists within the film (and he turns out to be correct).

You're grasping at straws for reasons to hate the prequels. They do have real flaws (quite a few). Talk about those actual flaws. Stop trying to parrot Plinkett, because RLM's "reviews" of the prequels are full of bullshit like this.

>most the hate the prequels get is total bullshit.
No it isnt

>RLM's "reviews" of the prequels are full of bullshit like this.

That's false, those reviews were dead fucking accurate.

It's Dago you suburban edge lord.

The shit in the prequels never fails to amuse me. Everything is so awkwardly explained and scenes look worse than a video game.

NO, THEY WON'T-A

why wouldn't it have been possible to get Anaik into a jedi taxi from the planet ?
It was also obvious, that a dangerous conflict with the trade union was starting. It would habe been quiet logical to just get Anakin away from the planet some month later, after the conflict would have been over...
even if the Jedi Council had a problem with that, Qui Gon would have been able to get the shekels on his own, do his gray jedi shit an get the boy

Episode 2 and 3 make me laugh so hard at certain scenes, it looks like a 90's live action game.

kekd

Do you hate sand, Sup Forums?

it's course and it's rough tbqh

Because Jedis do not commit crimes.

The boy was a slave and Watto's property, he couldn't have just taken him. Even if Jedis don't approve of Slavery it was the law on Tattooine and they must respect it. However they can work in a gray area some time, like Qui-Gon manipulating the dice.

It gets everywhere.

Because it's shitty writing.

>However they can work in a gray area some time, like Qui-Gon manipulating the dice
Are we really supposed to believe he was going to leave the kid if he didn't win the race?

They literally explain how they can't send any communications whatsoever, because if they do there's a risk that the Trade Federation will find them.

Christ, did you people even watch the fucking movie?

The Force told him the kid would win, it was a certainty.

The Jedi can sense things other can't. Qui Gon knew Anakin was going to win the race.

No, it's true. Let me bust some of the bullshit.

>"there's no protagonist'
Qui-Gon Jinn is the protagonist. The story follows him and he makes most the decisions and solves the most the problems of the film.

>"why didn't they just blow up the ship with the jedi in it"
Didn't know there were Jedi until they got out.

>"how'd the droid know they were jedi"
Droid saw their lightsabers.

>"the bet was complicated"
It's not, and all you need to understand is "if Anakin wins, he's free and the good guys go home; otherwise, they're all screwed (except Watto)."

>"can't describe the characters"
Jinn: He's an unorthodox character who doesn't act like you'd expect someone in his position to. In this way he's a free spirit or a "loose cannon" if you want to get cliche about it. He doesn't follow the rules and disobeys orders to follow his feelings and "do what's right."

Evidence: He bends the rules when the Council tells him to not train Anakin, as well as doing other things that you might not expect a Jedi to do (like betting and using his mind trick to get the underwater vessel). These are things the review itself points out yet ignores when talking about his character.

>"The Ending Multiplication Effect"
Jedi had four parts to its ending, same as Phantom Menace: Death Star 2 space fight (mirrored by "doughnut ship" space fight), Han and Leia disabling the shields (mirrored by Padme in the palace), Luke vs Vader/Emperor (mirrored by Kenobi/Jinn vs Maul), and the Ewok fight (mirrored by the Gungan fight). The ending isn't any more a clusterfuck in Phantom than it is in Jedi.

Then there's shit like taking the "planet core" to literally mean the core of the planet when it's probably not the exact core, just what the primitive Gungans call the core. And not understanding that trying to land those droid deployment ships in the Theed would have resulted in a fight since Theed does have pilots and ships just not land troops and vehicles.

>The Jedi can sense things other can't
He didn't sense that lightsaber going through his belly.

Pod-Racing movie fucking when

Go watch Redline and tell me that shit wouldn't be awesome.

Ran out of space with that last post and was going to post more but honestly I've lost interest.

Thing is, I'm a huge fan of RLM, especially those videos. They're hilarious and they do have good insights. But they also have a lot of shit they get wrong, shit I only noticed because I listen to those videos just about every day (put them on when I'm driving to work).

So I guess what I'm saying is enjoy them for what they are and stop treating them like they're the authority on the movies and their word is law.

Think.

Good post, user, and good on you for understanding the film.

Just give up, the prequels were a horrible mess from start to finish

Kek

Numerous ways off the planet. Maybe they could even hire a transport at a certain seedy bar...

He was a bit of an anti-Semitic portrayal wasn't it?

For the jede council (or It think even for a jedi like Qui Gon) it couldn't have been too hard, getting the latinum pressed shekels to officially buy Anakins freedom later, after the conflict.

Didn't you pay attention? Even when Anakin was tested the council still refused to train him because he was too old. Only when Obi-Wan threatened to basically leave the Jedi order and train him on his own did Yoda finally give in.

and you don't think, a master jedi like Qui Gon wouldnt have been able to get Anakin later, on his own ?

HE HATES IT

He still had the Naboo crisis to deal with. Besides, credits were no good, and Watto probably didn't want to sell Anakin in the first place to someone he barely knew. The only reason he lost him in the first place was because Qui-Gon used his love of gambling against him.

Postin in a RLM thread

I consider this film the most garbage star wars made, but even I remember that he had a bomb implanted in him that way to triggers or automatically triggers when he tries to run.

>when he tries to run.

I just imagined Anakin running to get something for Watto from his junkyard and his head exploding as a result.