Is the quality of streaming movies on Netflix/Hulu better than the average pirate download?

Is the quality of streaming movies on Netflix/Hulu better than the average pirate download?

>average
probably

but there are better copies if you wanna wait/take up space etc

does he kill them?

Are those better encodes better than Netflix/Hulu?

I'd imagine so yeah but i'm admittedly out of my league w/ the logistics. An 8 gig download just looks a bit better to me than the standard NetF/Hulu stream.

What was the point of this scene?

As little as a 10GB download is better than either

That Shinji never got the chance to experience a normal teenage love like that because he's stuck with a nymphomaniac, a crazy redhead and a doll with blue hair.

>tfw no gf

Depends on your internet speed.
I am not sure if it is the case with Netflix also but for things such as tv channel streams (official ones here) if your internet is too slow then you will never be able to use 720p.

what especially sucks for this guy is that he can't even go home and watch anime... because he already is anime....

Wtf episode is this i've literally never seen this scene in my life

>average
what did he mean by this?
low file size movies seem to be more popular, so in that sense, yeah, streaming from monthly pay sites is higher quality.

But if you're downloading remuxes or a good encode of around 10gbs, then pirate downloads will be better.

i had netflix streaming but then i bought a big 4k tv last black friday and I had to cancel netflix because it looked like such trash on it.
The bitrate is just too low and i have a 120mbit down connection.

4k netflix streaming option would help, but there's so little 4k content on netflix (and anywhere else) that it's not worth it, and i imagine the bitrate will still be low anyway.

really makes you think huh....

He can always ride the train and listen to the same two songs for three hours straight.

Is shinji LITERALLY Sup Forums: the person?

No, Shinja is literally me: the person

Average? Maybe about the same, people download trash yiffy shit.

The problem with streams is not only do they have usually a bitrate starved video stream to allow streaming on slower bandwidths, but they never have untouched audio (usually AAC stereo instead of 1.5mb/s DTS 5.1 minimum) and don't contain subtitle options.

Proper encodes not only contain enough bitrate to maintain crisp picture (and transparency to the source) during high demand scenes but also real audio and real subtitle options.

Stripping the audio back to bare bones stereo AAC saves a LOT of space.

If you just watch shit on your laptop with shitty headphones or whatever then I doubt it makes any practical difference, but they ARE pretty different.

Dear god how did i make that typo the i and a arent anywhere near each other

same 2bh :/ im offing myself soon so its ok

I've noticed a lot of older movies seem to be DVD era scans and not blu-ray.