I totally forgot this existed and have never seen it

I totally forgot this existed and have never seen it.
Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xiwISrp1H4
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only good thing is Kevin spacey as Luthor. Apparently supermans son has like autism or is like a faggot or something

10/10 Superman performance by Brandon Routh. It felt a bit cheesy at times but still has aged pretty well

it's okay, i think people mainly didn't like it at the time because it was too similar to the reeves one when they wanted something different

It's shit besides the opening scene

>capeshit
>good
impossible

capekino is the worst
kys

No. The mis-en-scene is lovely and reverent, Spacey does well with what he's got, that's about it.

Little to no action, odd plotting, it's sort of.. nothing.

The scene where he catches the plane is cool

And i think Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor is great

>Superm-Ai-N

A Superboy falls in love with a reporter girl.

Unable to confess, Clark Kent is gifted by a Mxyzptlk with Lois Lane's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as he tears through the fabric of time and space in order to get to the reporter girl from another dimension. Equipped with their darkest, most private secrets the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of BATHTUB SEX.

So fucking boring, really, it's almost on the same level as Ang Lee's Hulk in terms of boredom.

It's really good. Based on the older Cristopher Reeves movies, but with a The Dark Knight Returns feel to it. It's both an homage and a deconstruction of Superman.

The main beef people had with it is that Superman doesn't resolve things by punching an equally strong opponent in this one. So they called it "boring."

Ang's Hulk is pure kino you dumbfuck. THIS is how you do a comic book movie.

Or was like any 6 year old

>a deconstruction

Care to explain how?

I read they had to digitally reduce Brandon Routh's cocksize because the bulge was too distracting and went down to his knee. Bryan Singer also confirmed this was true

yeah no, spacey was shit too

>Is it any good?
Everyone I know disliked it.

I liked it, except for the piano playing kid.

The airplane scene was amazing.

Spacey was a good Lex...so much better than the current Lex.

Nah. It was just a boring movie

>it's almost on the same level as Ang Lee's Hulk in terms of boredom.
I hated the Hulk vs Electric man fight. But I enjoyed the movie. Especially the escape from the underground bunker sequence. The hulk was cartoony looking, but he went full ham, on everything (including tanks). And it was great IMO.

Plus prime J Connelly

Not really. It's very obvious if you've seen the movie and I'm sure you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Awe, user. It's just the word "deconstruction" gets thrown around so freely, I wondered what you meant by it. Clearly, you just wanted to say it for no good reason. Cute.

It's really crappy, if you want to watch a Superman movie in this style just see the first two Superman movies.

I wouldn't call it bad, but it's a bit meh.
If you can, I recommend you watch Superman Restored, a fan edit of this.

Literally the only fan edit I would recommend to anyone. It's surprisingly great, all things considered.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

What did he mean by this?

It's very obvious if you've seen the movie and I'm sure you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

I can't believe we got the GOAT Luthor actor in such a poor film

What makes it so good?

Been a while since I saw either version, but basically this is what it does.
>It uses some music (and even footage) from the first two Superman films
>It edits down/cuts scenes that threw off the pacing of the original
>It restores a deleted scene or two that add to the story and carry the tone rather well

Basically, the best way I can describe it, is that it makes it very obvious that large part of why Returns wasn't a success, was because the Editing team wasn't all there when it came to understanding how you keep suspense when it's needed, and how you build up a heroic icon like Superman.
This edit, to me did those two things as well as you could possibly expect.

Not saying it makes it the best Superhero/Superman movie of all time, but it's definitely and improvement.

Honestly it is not that bad.
Manchildren were upset because Superman didnt punch anything. Its kinda lame that there is no fight, but honestly that was never what Superman was about anyway.
If somebody rated it above Man of Steel I would not be upset.

He wasnt about moping around about his wife's son with Cyclops either. Sure, brains over brawn is an apt theme, but that's not where it went.

spacey is what ruins the movie. otherwise it's a 5/10. his lex is fucking unbearable.

I choked on my sandwich, you ass. opinions like that should really be kept to oneself.

"Awe" and "Aww" are not the same thing.

Huh. I'll hunt it down

>10/10 Superman performance by Brandon Routh
Haha, what? His Superman was dour and mopey for the whole fucking film, but it's okay when Routh does it? Just because he quotes some shallow, meaningless lines from the original? God damn, you people have the shittiest taste.

>people wanting something different
>ever
You have much to learn, my friend.

Aka you have no argument and choose instead to nitpick instead of contributing to discussion .

It has rightfully faded into irrelevance. Literally nothing noteworthy about this movie. Boring Superman, mediocre plot, mediocre set-pieces.

It was a bit boring, and the kid didn't help but this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=7xiwISrp1H4
felt more like Superman than anything in Man of Steel and BvS

Boy toucher Bryan Singer actually sought out Richard Donner's blessing to make a Superman movie. What a fucking pusscake

>Based on the older Cristopher Reeves movies, but with a The Dark Knight Returns feel to it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

no you're not missing much.

>depressed butthurt superman is sad because he doesn't know how to win the heart of the love of his life, lois lane.
>Lois lane is in another relationship but her heart's not in it, she still loves and wants to be with superman.
>Lois knows superman wants to be with her. Superman knows she wants to be with him.
>400% angst
>they have a kid, the perfect family is already made.
>the new guy walks around saying "look I get you love the big S, i'm cool with being friends if you go back to him
>800% angst
>Luthor wants to real estate kryptonite made land that looks horrible and unstable.
>climax of the movie is Kumar beating up superman after superman got sneezed on by 1 molecule of kryptonite.
>2 minutes after this he lifts an entire continent made of kryptonite without struggle because it's time to end the movie and win the day.

>that retarted slow mo bullet into the eye shot

the airplane rescue scene was cool (sans Lois not being dead from bouncing like a tit in a whorehouse all over the plane hitting ever hard surface with her head.)

Routh is good
Spacey is GOAT
Everything else is just kind of fine. Not bad, not good, just acceptable.

Not him but you're still wrong, faggot.
Lrn2english

not who you were talking to. i pointed that out because, in your statement regarding a word and its usage, and with that your attempt at an intellectual insult, your VERY FIRST WORD was a misuse. and a really, really sad one at that.

for what it's worth, i'm pretty much on your side as far as your argument with that other user.

>Boy toucher Bryan Singer

WROOOOOOOONG!

I see what you did there...doesn't change the fact that I am absolutely right, though. Generally speaking, Spacey is a decent actor, and it totally makes sense that he'd be a good Lex. And then you see the movie and go, "holy shit, guy...this is just....sad." It really is practically a parody performance. UGH. As I said...unwatchable.

It's an alright, if somewhat forgettable film. It's still leagues better than Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman though.

People complain that TFA is ANH all over again, and there is validity to that. But nobody seems to have noticed that there is actually very, very little difference between the plots of SR and S:TM. It's a blatant lift from almost every aspect of the original Reeve movie, with some added content meant to help convey the passage of time between those events and the events in this one. Quite sad, really. Also, Routh is decent at Superman and Kent inasmuch as he's supposed to be Reeve's character. But Bosworth spends the whole movie basically asking to be hated, and Spacey is downright laughable.

everyone noticed it because the movie outright admits, multiple times, that it is, from the ground up, inside and out, a knockoff of the donner superman films, right down to using marlon brando as jor-el.

WRONG

Feels like a perfect continuation of the Donner movies.

it's not a knock-off. it's a literal continuation of those movies. Reeve and Routh are the same person, Kidder and Bosworth are the same person, Hackman and Spacey are the same person, etc. but as far as plot goes, the two movies (Superman: The Movie and Superman Returns) are almost identical. well, as I said, plus the addition of filler information meant to convey the passage of time.

Fucking hell, I'm used to you assholes forcing your shit on Sup Forums, not bringing it here.

Finds a way.

Do you come from Neogaf or Tumblr? Because you write like a masssiv fucking faggot

never heard of the first one, and I've never been to tumblr. but how, specifically, does a massive fucking faggot write? that is, what are some examples of ways that massive fucking faggots across the board compose sentences and paragraphs?

>I see what you did there...
> UGH. As I said...

These are the indicators

Ugh
Using shitty memes

I see what you did there is as old as the internet. and I got it here years ago. you must be new.

and how on earth is "UGH. as I said..." a meme?

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

>Man of Steel 2
>introduces Bizarro Superman
>alternate universe hijinks ensue

Keit-ai confirmed! BRAVO, SNYDER!

FINDS

> Dat scene where Lex shanks Superman with a peice of kryptonite