Incredibly reasonable Christian here

Incredibly reasonable Christian here.
AKA The Parrot guy.

Stop in to ask questions on matters of faith or just chat.

May peace be with you.

state your age, weight, and state

50 205 MN

Why do you want to know?

I don't want to date ya!

Why should we believe in your god compared to any other god?

What makes the notion of any god rational in the first place?

Hey, what is the primary reason you are a christian? Also what do you think of christian monastic traditions and the relationship of the christian religion and enlightenment?

You should not.

But then why should we all play by our own rules?

The notion of God is similar to the notion of an afterlife. Part and parcel of the same desire.

Do go on; if I shouldn't worship your god then why should I be christian? Why should anyone be?

Can spirituality and enlightenment not exist outside of religion?

Listen I don't try and market a product here.
I am not trying to send you to a specific Church.

Why should you believe in God?

Well because he ISN't MY God.
He is YOUR God, if you choose to seek him?

>Can spirituality and enlightenment not exist outside of religion?

Certainly they can.
But I do wonder if they can exist without God?

So you believe in the god of the gaps then? I'll find him where ever the limit of my knowledge is reached?

Because if you're trying to tell me god only exists in a non-physical, non-definable way then he might as well not exist for all practical purposes.

If you're trying to say that "God" is a name we give to our consciousness and the feeling of being alive, then fair enough.

But if you're trying to tell me the god of the bible will appear to me if I only believe hard enough- I'm sorry but that's just not plausible; plenty of people who wanted to believe with all their might just couldn't find the proof they needed.

None of that really applies to my thinking.

I have heard the term God of the Gaps.
But am not sure it applies?
You find God when you seek God.

Not as a physical manifestation.
Unless he and you both desire it?

Sadly the nest Super Natural manifestation will NOT be God. But most will mistake him for something along that line. Either Alien or Djinn, but certainly not human.

No, many who seek God are in fact going to find something altogether different.

I think it is a horrible nasty trick to play on folks.

But I am not in charge here am I?

after lost of lsd usage and going completely to a state of psychosis. i came to realize god is real. what do i do now? does he love us? why cant he just end this? i wish i never did lsd. do you think ill get better? how do i rid of pride and how i can i love myself and the work i do ?

I would love to believe in god and the afterlife- everybody would. It's a literal fairy tale with all the things a human could ever want; eternal life and unlimited bliss.

>The rules are: believe in a god and you get to go to their heaven.

So obviously I really want to believe. I just can't. You say a physical manifestation will appear to me if I (and he) desire it- and since proof demands it, I desire it with all my heart. Yet no god appears.

So if he is real, he does not desire to reveal himself to me in a way I can trust. If he won't let me find him when I look, why should I bother looking?

If, instead he is not real why should I worship anything at all?

>The next super natural manifestation will...
I've yet to see ANY super natural manifestations. In fact, nobody since the dawn of modern science has seen any super natural manifestations.

Isn't it strange that once we figured out how to verify things as true or false that we stopped believing in ancient fairy tales?

>desire it- and since proof demands it, I desire it with all my heart. Yet no god appears.

u have 2 believe first. and even after that you just arent worthy enough. none of us are. compared to him and jesus we are all degenerate scum. we are born blind . we are born with sin and our lives (i believe) are to find the light. the truth. born in the dark only to find the light

You need to slow down dude. Parrot guy said he's a christian who believes in God. That could mean fucking anything, quit assuming that he believes in your "fairy tale" caricature.

Why does your God allow terrible things to happen

Ancient fairy tales.

Yes sadly the nonsense we have is very hard to read and decipher. Certainly the traditions taught from behind pulpits in Churches and synagogues leaves most of us confused..

Apples as original sin.
World wide floods that destroy mankind.

Sadly few ever really try to make sense of it and claim it is all fairy tales or try to sell you there version for only 10% of what ever you make..

They are far more interested ion profits then in Prophets.

I am impressed with your confidence.

I am doubtful of many things.

For example I do NOT think the Earth is some ludicrously age like 70000 years old. Nor do I believe Adam and Eve were the first humans ever. (Surprisingly Torah does not make this claim and Genesis and the Mosaic beginning of the OT is a very bad partial copy of Torah.)

Yet so many "RELIGIOUS" leaders will fight you tooth and nail if you actually *read* the various Abrahamic texts and try to really understand them.

Anyway I suspect you will get proof in your lifetime. But I still think it is a nasty trick to play on folks.

Because at this time he is both abstaining from direct interference, and preventing the Devils interference.

It is strictly man an Nature on Earth at this very moment with little more spiritual influence then whispered influence (good and evil)

>Incredibly
...meaning, "not believable"
right you are

ok.

>imagine.
>god. a single omnipotent being all knowing and all powerfull and completely perfect being
>creates earth and humans
>for whatever reason maybe hes lonely and wants "real" beings to talk too.
>not some he just created and are perfect. or designed thier entire life and gave them pain and suffering and joy. (remember he wouldve had to design all of that)
>instead makes a sandbox type dealio where he set the parameters of it and some humans. and let the simulation run.
>ones that are filthy degenerates and hate god and commit murders and sin and dont care for others go to hell.
>the good ones go to heaven and hangout with god.

so we are just here. in a huge environment. very real because you are readingg another humans words and very scary since god doesnt want to play with our lives.

Folks in past threads have accused me of that..
Your mileage may vary.

Did you have a question?

Well, I will keep looking for proof until I find some, and until then I will believe the contrary.

I keep hoping that one of you religious types is going to be able to point me in the right direction, but everybody I talk to ends up falling back on cliche answers and illogical bullshit.

If you can't prove it, it may as well not be real. This is the main line of reasoning I end up with each time. Everybody says that "Oh you'll find him, don't worry." but nobody talks about what finding him was like for THEM. Presumably because it's bullshit.

There's no confidentiality agreement between you and god, so I imagine people filled with gods grace would be pretty happy to show it off. Yet, nobody on the planet now- or ever- has been able to prove anything related to god to be true. In fact, the more we learn about our world and our universe, the more ancient text becomes completely obsolete.

Although again, if by "god" you just mean the complexity of experiencing life and the feeling of one-ness with the vibrations of the universe, then yeah. Totally. That's a measurable feeling in a lab with real repercussions and impact on humans as our knowledge of the human brain expands.

thats where your wrong. you dont need proof. yet if you want it try this. play with demons. or believe in god and start to pray. whichever you do will bring answers. in a way its better then not finding out or living in limbo.

highly suggest not calling for demons. because they will show up

Truth is illogical

Bullinger's Companion Bible.
Strong's Concordance.

Read only those things directly quoted as being God or Christs words.

No one else's. (They make special red letter editions of the bible as well.)

Do that? And I suspect you may find what you are looking for.
I like Bullingers because it has the Strongs numbers next to every word so you can finally understand that אָ֫יִל means a small ram and NOT a fricking unicorn as some would tell you.

What I think God is is no matter to you.

What YOU think God is is a matter between YOU and God.

What I am is the same as you one of Gods creations. (Hebrews 13:2)

No comment.

Alright, I will take you up on that. But I was raised christian from birth, having extremely religious family. Despite this, nobody in that culture could answer the hard questions I gave them, even at a young age. By the time I was an adult I realized that hardly any, if any at all, was true.

The basic morality written in the bible is generally good for society, so it makes sense to compel the masses to believe. But I won't be compelled by random opinions, they must be backed up by facts.

If you can't bring facts, you brought nothing at all. Every religious person I've ever met and tried to learn from was the same- no facts. Just opinion, rhetoric and tradition. This thread so far has been the same.

not everything is logical.

Careful user.
One of those is mine.
The other is another user in this thread.

I DO NOT support playing with or interacting with Demons.

And I resent that you say my thread is the same. No princess for one thing.
I don't mock other religions or atheists.

In fact I do often mock Churches.

Have you been reading this thread?

But you still haven't brought me any proof after I tell you that I have been and am continuing to look for some.

So you're about the same batting average as God is for proving he's real; 0 for 1.

No offense, as I'm glad you're taking the time to reply but this has been about as convincing as a televangelist.

If there's no repeatable steps to get the result of "finding god" and god is choosing not to interact with this world as you say, then it's just another unquantifiable claim.

As another user said in a different thread, if I tell you that unicorns are real, I feel that they're real in my heart but they are invisible and you cant detect them, my claim has the same credibility as yours that we live in a world governed by a god.

How do you feel about other religious systems? Like, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Sikhism? Or Islam and Judaism?

As in, what are your personal thoughts on the subject, or your experiences with followers of such?

Why does Jesus watch me masterbate but not give me anything?

not OP but i "found god" by specifically not believing in anything. i wasn't an "atheist", i just didn't care and believed in nothing. being an atheist might not be the way but in any case, there's "way". i was shown the future once and that was it showing me the "truth"; that we have no free will--and therefore don't need to try to worship it--and that it's not really interactive and doesn't care about our feelings from time to time because we live in a recording. that means that there IS a conscious entity but all it granted me was knowing that i was right to "not" believe; i never "disbelieved". i think there's a difference. also, i've always been too intuitive and i think i've lived before but you're not supposed to have previous memories of a past life, just that i've probably already reached higher levels and this time, i was given the secret. i think "life" is some form of rehabilitation, and "heaven" is just "getting out of jail" so it's not heaven at all. "hell" could be a worse life but then, you wouldn't know it, you'd just be humbled at some higher level.

oops, i meant "there's no way" (because you have no free will so you can't really "do" anything).

>servant of the demiurge
>incredibly reasonable
Have fun contributing to another cycle of humanity's slavery.

90% of that is rhetoric and personal opinion, but tell me about the future you saw in your vision.

Prophecies that are shown and then come true is one kind of proof I am willing to accept but it doesn't apply if you just say it retroactively.

All of science is about the power to make predictions given certain information. If you can use god as a way to predict the future in a repeatable, scientifically sound manner then you'd find yourself rapidly becoming the richest man on earth.

Question 1) Why parrots?

Question 2) How do you feel about the book of revelations? Because it seems so obviously just a bunch of bullshit, a fevered dream of a madman, namely John, the guy who wrote the Gospel of John, ie the only Gospel you find that story in.

Also, a lot of people don't realize that most of the so-called "miracles of Jesus" occur only in the Gospel of John.

In the other 3 gospels (Mattthew, Mark, and Luke) Jesus is a lot more ordinary (except his resurrection).

Seems like the Gospel of John should have gotten thrown out at that council that standardized the bible back in like 1000 AD or whenever.

related question 3) Do you get anything of value out of the old testament? Because it is also a mess of contradictions and ridiculous stories. And God is SUCH a fucking asshole in it. Killing a bunch of innocent children because their parents wouldn't let the Jewish slaves leave Egypt? Check. Torturing a very pious man endlessly, and almost making him kill his own son, just to win an argument with Lucifer? Check. Giving humanity free will, and then drowning literally every human on earth except for Noah and his family when we didn't use our free will like he wanted us to? Check.

Why do demons possess? Like exorcism level of shit. Wouldn't they be aiding in the belief of an existing God? I mean if the devil really wanted religion to end, then they wouldn't intervene in the level that they would do ("speak a different language/know details about you and others even when they didn't know anything prior"). Cause if the power of God compels them, then they're just helping out God. Which is stupid. Also why can't we scientifically study these exorcisms? That's some magical shit that we can tap into, yo.

You sound kind of nuts, tbh

I try to respect them.
I try to listen if anyone cares to explain their particular faith to me. But I have been trying to be clear that I do not like organized religion.

I do not think men should lead men in religions.
I have a lot of objections to those today who and make their income from religion.

That particularly applies to the Abrahamic religions you mention.

I am not really well versed in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Sikhism? Although I believe that last is just the "Warrior Caste" of Hinduism?

Could be he is amazed at his Fathers work or is laughing at his little joke on you?
Do we pay street walkers before they do anything at all?

That is not a bad choice at all. Await the call.
But as your seeking? Please contemplate this (Hebrews 13:2) (Job 38) You were here from the beginning. BUT Each of us is called to live but once. You have observed all of fleshly existence unfolding until you joined in, you may have seen Cleopatra's life witnessed it. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you lived it.. Peace be with you.

LOL Keep reading you may figure out what is different. Again folks not trying to convert anyone here. I am glad to debate the Bibles contents. Or discuss my opinions of "Religious Traditions"...

BUT I am not going to just be trolled freely. So ask a question or bugger off.

The truth may not fit into your perfect "scientific" paradigm.

You caught me. I'm trolling because I don't want all humans to fail and have to give their souls to the demiurge again. If you really want me to ask a question, then how about this. What is it that makes you think "God" is actually around? I'm curious. Just judging my reading the old testament, and all 3 classes of Hebrew and rabbinic texts in their original language, I'd say "God" ain't here no more.

No, Hinduism is a pantheistic religion, Sikhs believe in one God that pervades all existence. And I agree, I am disturbed by the emphasis on material goods in organized religion, that's what really turned me off organized religion for a good time. Things like TVangelists, the opulence that was in the Catholic Church, and the general air of "you got to donate to your church".

I think those quotes should've been around the word "truth."

Science is the just the name given to the task of figuring things out and ensuring you're right by repeating the results.

So if the truth can't be observed, tested and repeated then why call it the truth? The very nature of truth comes observing reality and noting down our findings, then testing and repeating the test until we are confident that things are the way we've described them. Lots of things are unknown to science, most of reality in fact. Simply because we haven't explored that far or developed the technologies required yet. To say that stuff doesn't qualify as truth or that the unknown is unknowable is just silly.

Okay but what about accidents? Natural disasters? Why does he let disease kill innocent people? I get the free will argument but nice people suffer all the time for seemingly no reason

Love you

Not open, but I love you too, man.

*OP, fuck you, auto correct.

who pooted

is your god a quantum ai that isn't bound by the restrictions of the fourth dimension ?

like i said. its kinda just happening hes just letting it "simulate"

i believe that good people usually die young because they dont deserve to live in such a filthy dark shitty place "earth"

They are beautiful and I like them.

Revelations is a very difficult read.
I happen to very much like Revelations 2 and 3 where Seven church types are described all of which still exist today and 5 of them fail to meet Gods favor. It brings home a wonderful quote by Billy Sunday: "Going to church every Sunday no more makes you a good Christian. Then going to a garage would make you a good car".

Each of the Gospels is from a different perspective. Matthew (Tax Collector) Mark (Hebrew Youth) Luke (Physician) etc.. Paul never even met Christ while he was alive. Yet 1/2 the NT is credited to him.

John was a special case. If this was the Son of Elizabeth? He was Christs Cousin via Mary.

How hard would it be to convince your Cousin you could do anything miraculous?

I think that Council should have included MORE... (Thomas!)

The OT is the Story of the Hebrew People the prophecy that Christ would be born from them and the battles God fought against Lucifer and his offspring to Stop them from killing off all the Hebrew people. So yeah the OT is pretty important. Read the story of the Hebrew flight more carefully. God wanted his people freed he asked Pharoe what he had to do to convince them to let his people go. Pharaoh made that choice not God or Moses. And it certainly does not mean the first born of Egypt went to hell.

(By the way I think our souls are oblivious but old. None of us are innocent.)

The flood was not World Wide it was a local event the target of which was not humans but Gheber. (Genesis 6:4) (Think Goliath from the Stories of David.) It was necessary to preserve mankind not to destroy it.

You have every right to question the Job and Abraham thing. I tend to listen to Christ because Christ was willing to die for all of us. But his Father does come across as a dick.. I hope he will be willing to correct my misconceptions and answer my questions one day.

I bounced all over there sorry...
Hope it makes some sense..

because there is no character growth without negative influence.

also not op, and dont believe in gode

Well that's fucking stupid. Why even bother creating something if you're going to let it go to shit. It's just cruel

We are currently subject to the Holy Spirit..

Conversely I believe we are also subject to an unholy one. (Id, Ego, Super Ego may actually be three different beings within one.)

but christ is the father as is the father is christ.

as they are both the holy spirit

l2 trinity plz

It's Revelation. Not Revelations. As in The Revelation of St. John. Look in your bible bro. Also, Lucifer and Satan are not the se entity. Lucifer IS the brightest star in the sky. Ha-Satan (the deciever) is LIKE the brightest star in the sky. Either you're unintentionally being bad, or you're intentionally warping things. For your sake, I hope it's the former.

its a test user. hes waiting for the good few up in heaven. this is where everyone starts. its up to us to decide where we go. no interference from demons or angels. its entirely up to us.

protip, christianity is science encoded in scripture.

the "holy spirit" is the fourth dimension or time
the "trinity" is the dimensional matrix we are in
The "father" is all that preceded us, the universes creation as well as the matter inside of it and all the events leading up to us
The "son" is us as humans individually living through the holy spirit and in the fathers grace.

Well I didn't sign up for it and I don't care to meet the organizer.

I appreciate the thread OP. It's rare we can actually discuss things like this without flinging shit at each other

Are you Catholic, Orthodox or Prottie. If you're Prottie pls leave. Sup Forums claims Sup Forums in the name of the Catholic and Orthodox churches

lucifer is satan pre fall.

l2 scripture

Do you believe in Santa Claus and why do Lobsters taste so goddamn good?

neither did i. id rather be dead. but since i know the truth i live and carry on as best as i can. really tho its easy. follow your heart and be good or do the opposite . faith in god only makes it easier.

"waiting"

a god does not "wait" because a god isnt subject to the 4th dimension, he exists outside of it.

lobsters taste cuz dat ocean fat is op.

and yes i do believe n Santa clause i gota be that fucker every year for ma kids.

Good luck to you. If I'm wrong and go to hell so be it.

Yeah, this is the closest I can come to being religious.

I think the creation of the universe and life, and the knowledge of how it all came to be unraveling before us through the determination of our best men and machines is majestic enough to feel spiritual without any church, scripture or wandering prophets.

That is incorrect. That's a mistranslation. It's what happens when you take Hebrew and translate it into Greek and then Latin with a political filter, and then from Latin into German and finally into English. Look at a more accurate translation than nkjv. Maybe try New Jerusalem, or if you're handy with languages, pick up a hebrew-english lexicon and read it for yourself. Satan is not Lucifer.

I have encountered odd behaviors of other people in Jail. I have been released from Jails in several places for no reason at all (The release, no fine, no court,) Simply because I was seeking God and made a few mistakes in my journey. At the moment I realized my error I was freed. Regardless of clerical or other errors (I was arrested for assaulting a police officer) (I thought he was a servant of the devil) and was supposed to go before a Judge. But instead they just let me go. I never spoke to anyone out loud. Can't prove it of course except that there are some mugshots available.

As to your last.

God is present in voice mode only.
You might be able to hear him if you listen.

Course the other guy is screaming really loud and it is often hard to tell them apart.

Nothing to ask. Just wanted to wish you a great day

Yeah, last time "God" was involved in my life I got in a car accident that I only survived because of quick thinking on my part. The church I went to as a kid apparently prayed for me that night. Cunts think it's a miracle. They prayed for me and I broke a bunch of ribs, got a concussion and destroyed my car. Was literal inches away from my face fusing with the frame of my car. If he's talking, I'd love an explanation for that. Nigger, I'm all ears.

I felt the same way about televangelists.

Then I saw Arnold Murray of Shepherds Chapel.

Sadly now passed away in 2014..

He never asked folks for a dime. He built the Church out of his own pocket and never drew a salary from it. He was a successful farmer and former Marine and felt that Money was not what the church was about. Should you ever catch him in the Early morning on TV stop and give him a listen. He is easy to spot an old white haired guy in a blue suit sitting at a desk in front of the American flag.

I wish I had been able to meet him.

pro-tip i was born jewish.

lucifer is gods chosen angel, the brightest "star" The "perfect" being.

satan is lucifer as a fallen angel, after he disobeyed gods word and causing a rebelion. Satan is lucifer without his grace.

but i understand where your coming from, in scripture they are identified separately, but this is mainly because "lucifer" is still on gods side. "satan" wants to corrupt gods creation to show god they aren't all god thinks they are.

also the fact that he thinks he can question "god" is the reasoning behind his "pride"

Potato...

That is to say both mean pretty much the same to me.

some people need god
some people need gods love
some people need gods mystery

some people need to hate god.

Psst I think he may actually be an intelligent Lake of Fire...

I agree.

Well now that's just complete bullshit.

Pic related is the only way I can live my life happily. If gods exist and they're good they appreciate good people regardless of their beliefs during their time on earth

not really

everybody is influenced by god is some way

whether you disbeleive in a god
whether you do believe in a god

whether you love god
whether you hate god

its all the same coin yo, and you look at it from your perspective.

but in reality, god is the universe, whether its conscious or not.

Nope not going to debate it.

Christ only ever said if you have seen the Son you have seen the Father. He was answering a very vague question.

Christ said repeatedly to Worship God. He even taught folks how to pray. Never once did he say we should pray to him.

So I leave the trinity debate to others.

God
Christ
Spirit

These I believe in but do not define. It is not my place.

>pro-tip i was born jewish
I'm sorry for your loss. But for real, it's pretty much irrelevant if you haven't actually read it. Lucifer and Satan are two distinct beings. Consider that Satan doesn't actually have a name. He is merely titles. It describes Satan (deciever) as being LIKE the brightest star in heaven. Not saying you're wrong, but linguistical errors piss me off when people talk about their religion.

Go away evil dogger

Lucifer Satan Devil Dragon many names same being. Leader of Legion blah blah blah.

He divided the Kingdom of God into 3 facets.

Those who followed Lucy.
Those who could not or would not choose.
Those who were loyal to God, BUT arrogantly demanded the deaths of the other 2 groups.

Because of this war...

God cleansed the Earth and created Man.

That all of us would be humbled to be born of flesh through the bag of water.. God promised he too would do it.

\\And in fact only one being refuses to do it. Funny that he has so many who defend him and think he wears a red suit and carries a pitch fork.

I mean brother you are here in the flesh you are already compliant with Gods demands.

Enjoy the journey.

Well, whatever you have to say to sleep at night I guess. I always get some bullshit, cunty answer like this.

Dakujem comrade. I'm glad someone else can smell bullshit.

>lol bro, god is the universe
Then god wouldn't be a thing. It'd just be the universe.

None of the above.
I follow the teachings of Christ.
I do read a King James Bible (Bullinger's Companion bible) if you wish to make anything out of that.

Nonono, you can't go and take canon biblical titles and throw them in with later additions by Catholics and illiterate commoners. Don't try and change the core of what I'm saying. The difference between Lucifer and Dragon is the difference between the Duke of Wales and Ivan the Terrible. Or trying to conflate pazuzu with woden just because of a single shared trait. It's dishonest and doesn'y hold up if you actually look at the bible. Also, that war was fall number 3. Humans already existed according to the bible.

That's all well and good as long as you get hit by a bus before Christ prophecy is fulfilled.

I pray it is so.

The only quick thinking I plan to do is to save others.. If I gotta drive off a bridge to do it be it.

Perhaps the other party involved in your accident? Was the real reason and you simply do not yet remember that before you were born you agreed to be a part of Gods plan?

Nope

There was no other party. The front axle of my car broke. I was on the road by myself. The only thing that stopped my skull from being paste was me using my parking break to whip my ass end around so I didn't smash head on into a telephone pole.

I am a servant to no man or "God", I'll tell you that much. And what kind of shitty plan is trying to kill some random schmuck with a telephone pole? I would never have agreed to that shit.