What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Bad cgi and composit shots. I enjoy it more than NY though to be honest.

Carpenter didn't give a fuck.

absolutely nothing. if anything, the audience.

Rob Schneider

This. Kurt pretty much talked him into it.

Also the outfit he wears in the beginning is the snake costume from escape from new york that he kept. He just showed up to set wearing it.

it's lighter than NY but i love it.

>that fucking ending
Is Snake the biggest madman in film history? He literally plunges the world into complete darkness just as a fuck you to the people who sent him in.

As for the film itself, I love it. It's underappreciated.

It's a remake of a film that's didn't need remaking, made by a past-his-prime John Carpenter

Nothing, it was what it was meant to be; a parody of itself.

Nothing. It's an amazing self aware parody.

You can say that about the ending to NY as well. Snake takes the tape containing the secret to clean, renewable energy, something that could have united the world under one cause and ended World War 4 (or 5, or whatever fucking war they were in), and just tore it up, just so he could spite the president for being somewhat ungrateful.
That being said, we really need a third movie. Something with an old, tired Snake Plissken who's more fed up with the world than ever before, that would be great. Hey, Carpenter's still alive.

nothing, you dick

That shitty mac11 he had

Escape from chinatown

>actually thinking l.a. was better than ny

I just don't understand it

Probably the same idiots that think that Predator 2 is a good movie.

Carpenter and Kurt movie commentaries are the best things in the world

you can argue Snake's getup, and the set pieces were better.

I don't think it's better. But I also don't think it's as bad as people say it is.
Except for that surfing part. That really is just bad.

Have they ever mentioned MGS and how it copied everything?

>snake costume that he kept

>the last scene of escape from ny is actually him nonchalantly leaving the set, not saying a word to anyone

When you consider how things ended up it was better that way.

Shit, I'd do it tomorrow.

What was the deal with that old surfer that kept saying "bitchin"? Embarrassing scene

The made the same movie again, but with worse effects and story.

I still like it, but it's so much missed potential, they really should've made more movies about Snake Plissken. It's still not too late, I guess.

I liked it way more than Escape from NY

When I was a kid we used to have movie night once in awhile, my Dad rented this once and kept telling me how cool Snake Plissken was and my mom just kept agreeing like "yep, yep he's a tough guy". Then we watched it and I can just remember them laughing at how cheesy it was, but I was awestruck and thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. They let me rent it the following week along with New York, and then like a month later they gave me the VHS for my birthday (which I still have) and watched it all the time. This movie is a personal classic to me, I don't care what anyone says bad about it.

On behalf of all Sup Forums we thank (You) for your inspiring blog.

not enough Bruce Campbell

Nothing. It's a good movie.

kek, fucking roasted

>that old surfer
get out
get out now

you do not belong here

I don't either, Escape from NY is a legit masterpiece while Escape from LA... well, isn't.

The best commentaries in the world are those with Arnold Schwarzenegger, this is fact

Chames earl Chones!.

It was way too liberal in a wrong way

too campy even if it is self aware, still very enjoyable though

>virgins on Sup Forums moaning escape from la is shit
my god theyre real

Nothing is wrong. Bad CGI but its a more fun and less serious movie than Escape from NY.

it has to be one of the best endings of all time. Also the Theme is absolutely great