Why are Marvel Villains so forgettable?

Why are Marvel Villains so forgettable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_LD0Y1kUtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>DC villian is Mark Zuckerberg
DING DONG DING DONG DING

Their movies are just forgettable in general. I'll catch Iron Man when it's on Fox for the umpteenth time and I'm eating or browsing Sup Forums.

But what I find most interesting about Marvel is that no one actively goes out of their way to rewatch them, even their fans.

Whereas DC may polarize viewers, those with refined taste who actually enjoyed MoS and BvS tend to rewatch them because they actually have that value.

HONKA HONKA

Get the magic stone then shoot the blue lazer in the sky. That's all they do.

Reminder that capeshit is reddit incarnate.

those movies had villans?

Before BvS, they knew their villains are shit-tier compared to DC anyway so why bother

After BvS they know DC is going to botch their villains anyway so why bother

>2.5/4 for Suicide Squad
Rotten
>2.5/4 for Ghostbusters
Fresh

How can people see this shit and deny the jewish cuckolding? They aren't even trying to hide it, the opposite in fact, they are so sure of their domination that they throw it in our faces to humiliate us.

What's wrong with reddit?
I rewatched all the marvel movies at least twice. They are at worst a good time, at their best they are legit epic and fun.

I rewatched Civil War, Thor: The Dark World and Winter soldier 3 times
GotG 4 times
Iron Man and Ant Man 2 times
Avangers 1 & 2 2 times

i didn't mind ultron

>Thor: The Dark World 3 times
user pls, why the fuck would you put yourself through this suffering?

Enchantress could beat all of them except Ultron and maybe Abomination.
Even if she couldnt, Zod could beat them all at once.

Red Skull was killed off too early

Red Skull was the best Villain

>Thor: The Dark World 3 times

Litterally why?

I don't even hate marvel flicks that much but that is easily the fucking worst one

It's fun and I'm a sucker for space ships and that Dark Elf design, the only flaw that film has is that kat dennings subplot with her intern and Natalie Portman really looks like she doesn't want to be there.

>What's wrong with reddit?
Get the fuck out.

>2.5/4 isn't a positive review

Wut.

Also dig deeper.

>Sup Forums now unironically likes capeshit
What alternate reality have I stumbled into? What the fuck happened?

>what's wrong with reddit

>at their worst they are are a good time
This has got to be a joke

I was just reflecting on this and how great of an opportunity it is. As flimsy as Suicide Squad was, we now have at least one villain (Deadshot) that was fairly well-developed and that the audience should feel some relation to. We know he's a bad guy, but he's also a character. Imagine crafting another movie now where Deadshot straight-up plays the bad guy opposite Batman or something. I think it's an interesting possibility, since now the audience wouldn't just be looking at Deadshot like a merciless killing machine or a necessary plot device. He's actually a guy that we saw win before, and we probably even rooted for him a bit.

trying to looking deep into a pile of shit

Totally agree with you for the most part, except I think Marvel has put out a few stand outs of the genre.
Civil War is fucking great and i saw that in theaters a few times. Ant Man was a really great time too.
For the most part though I think the MCU will be remembered a lot like Avatar. Something everyone loved at the time that made a lot of money, but in retrospect is really bland and overrated.

>People hated this kino

youtube.com/watch?v=x_LD0Y1kUtw

Easily better then all marvel Flicks combined tbqfh

Red Skull, Loki and Winter Soldier are top tier.

Are you a retard? Learn to type.

reddit is based tbqh

i thought this scene was top

Because characters are horribly misused, like how they shit on everyone with the end of wolverine oranges Deadpool, make a character who is known for his shit talking mute and have giant knife arms.

Hell doctor doom was fucking garbage in all the movies but he is of the best marvel villains.

Winter Soldier was a great villain though

Enchantress couldn't beat a handful of non-superpowered people with melee weapons

one character could solve the whole problem OP

Winter Soldier wasn't even the villain of that movie, which shows just how forgettable the actual villain was. I don't even remember his name.

When did this "refined DC taste" meme start?
They are just 2nd rate superhero films. Superman is a terrible superhero from the get-go, there is nothing interesting about a perfect, invincible man.

Except the people who own the rights to fantastic 4 have been mishandling it for years

why is Yellowjacket missing?
great character design.

Marvel should just make a big offer. Doom belongs in the battle for the Infinity stones.
Silver Surfer as well. The FF are an afterthought in their own franchise.

Based on faggotry.

>there is nothing interesting about a perfect, invincible man.

I bet you're a liberal

They're just beautiful movies compared to Marvel. There's more to them too but I just don't think you've seen enough films to appreciate everything.

They should have written up a less retarded contract in the first place, now everyone has to suffer through half assed superhero reboots every few years so the studio won't lose the ip

>there is nothing interesting about a perfect, invincible man.
I love this statement, because you look at a majority of Sup Forums's complaints about they're butthurt over Superman not just automatically solving every problem perfectly. It shows how much of a disconnect there is between casuals who don't know about Superman, fans who value the wrong aspects of Superman, and critics who just don't know shit anyway.

But you remember it, don't you?

Next time you watch a Marvel movie wear a pair of sunglasses if you want them to look as 'beautiful' as DC movies.

>I just don't think you've seen enough films to appreciate everything.
Oh, the irony. You're just as pleb as he is, you just don't realize it. Superheroes are for children, and it amazes me that manchildren manage to convince themselves otherwise.

Could you explain what makes Superman a great character?

Just tried. They looked even shittier.

Hey I'm not saying it's 3 Women or The Colors Trilogy.

But if you can afford a nice television set (this is Sup Forums's biggest challenge), Snyder's movies are actually quite aesthetic.

the villain of GotG was goat.

I'm not denying that they look good. They are competently shot, the screenwriting is acceptable (sometimes) but they're extremely shallow movies. Because they're gritty and dark people seem to think that there's some deep philosophical subtext behind the movie when there really isn't, it's just vapid.

I just couldn't imagine being obsessed with these movies, they're utterly boring and unimaginative and the people who praise them usually don't know the first thing about film as a whole. Usually I see the appeal in movies I don't like but in these past 4-5 years I've been amazed at the short term memory less of the general public when it comes to these movies.

Every year it's a new villain, every year a new bad guy coming to destroy the world, and each time the good guys just about manage to win. Repeat ad nauseam. Every single one of these movies follows the same plot formula, follows the same structure with the same cringy quips disguised as humor.

What's worse is that this board used to realize how terrible these things are, but for some reason in these past few months discussion of good films have been drowned out. I don't know what the cause of this is. You see the reddit boogeyman mentioned everywhere, maybe it is redditors, I don't know. I'm just sick of it, and I know there's no point in criticizing them because I'm in the minority. The bubble has to burst at some point, right?

To me? Well, the reason I've always liked him, in short, is that he's a man who has the least accountability, yet has decided to take on the greatest responsibility, simply because he has the means to do so, and nobody else does. He takes on a job that has no instruction manual, yet opens him up to the criticism of the entire world. I like the fact that the actions of a Superman are ultimately the kind of things that need to get the UN involved, yet Superman himself is just a farmboy from Kansas. I like that he does things wrong, and I like that he's psychologically human. I like that he can show up to save the day, but get chewed out for collateral damage, simply because humanity always wants to point fingers. I think its a great commentary on how the world doesn't deserve a Superman, and Superman really owes nothing to the people of Earth, and yet he keeps helping as best he can. That's what makes him Superman.

Superman is often credited as the archetypal superhero, but there really isn't another hero like him. He has no mission, he has no oath, he never swore vengeance against anyone. He never experienced a great misfortune or trauma that he wants to protect others from. He just wants to do the best he can with what he has, and it just so happens that what he has are essentially the powers of a god.

But Deadshot wasn't the villain of Suicide Squad

I didn't say he was. But he IS a villain.

They need to get villains are more than just an evil version of the hero.

No, come on. As shitty as DCEU is so far, at least Zod carried more charisma than every MCU villain combined. We can give them that, it's all they have.

Just because they haven't done him justice in a film doesn't mean he's a bad character

Deadshot was shite, Will Smith with a stale coat of paint. Go fuck yourself.

And the actual villain was some witch
Who wanted to destroy thr world because reasons

I can agree with you on several points.

I wish this board discussed actual film too. But those days aren't as prevalent. I exaggerate BVS's artistic merits for fun, I don't actually think they are inherently deep. But I do like them more than Marvel movies, and the I defend them because they received horrible reviews when they are not nearly as bad as critics would like you to believe.

DC has always been darker and more mature, more geared towards sophisticated adults. Marvel has always been geared more towards kids aged 8-15. Because Marvel aims for the young market, their villains can be more bland and forgettable, as kids are dumb and don't notice bad writing or poor character designs.

wow... STILL mad at Rotten Tomatoes?

top fucking kek

>DC has always been darker and more mature, more geared towards sophisticated adults

nope um loki, winter soldier and red skull.

you're not the only one dude, hbo and fox movies showing a lot marvel movie.

>sophisticated adults

you mean cucks right?

all jokes aside, I just came back from a trip to london where I met a lot of normies in their 30s, and all of them really liked marvel movies and didn't even watch DC ones.

So i guess DC is really more geared towards edgy teenagers and special snowflakes.

thor movies are so fun to watch when they are on asgard, the momment the set foot on earth all goes to shit.

is true that thor: ragnarok is all space shenanigans?

Bane
Zod
Lex
Enchantress
Doomsday

Have all been shit.

Purple Man and Wilson Fisk are great, though. Loki is fun too, even if he isn't a real threat.

I don't rewatch most movies, to be fair

Fans aren’t railing against DC because Suicide Squad gets the genre wrong; they object to the opposition’s very existence — and to its ideology.
Snyder & Ayer both approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral. Like a public accustomed to political pandering, the Comic Con fans who relish the ridiculous mix of humor and chaotic violence in Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool don’t realize when they’re being condescended to or cheated.
Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

>Bane
>Zod
>lex
>forgettable

>muh aesthetics

cinematragraphy is literally the only decent thing about these movies, but that doesn't make them good.

great pasta there.
Appart from some old shit that I'm not gonna read, do you have an actual argument?

You don't forget how shit they are.

Notice he didn't say forgettable. He said shit. They're memorable because they're shit.

Zod was forgettable, Bane isn't DCU, and Lex was memorable in the same way herpies is.

Just because it's pasta doesn't mean it's wrong. Whoever wrote that hit the nail on the head.

>what's wrong with reddit?
>I rewatched all marvel movies at least twice

TOP FUCKING KEK

Using cuck is Sup Forums's version of godwins law. I win :D

I agree with what he said so those are my arguments.

I thought the pacing was fine besides the JL intro. Also the atmosphere was great and the fights were top notch. I honestly don't see what ppl find bad about this movie.

Okay.
You're apparently completely detached from reality so I'm gonna try to explain it to you as simply as I can:
THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE. NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH BFs AND GFs AND WIFES AND KIDS AND JOBS AND FAMILIES AND SUCH. THEY ARE THE MAJORITY. THEY REPRESENT "HUMANITY". THEY LIKE MARVEL MOVIES. THEY FIND THEM FUN. THEN THERE ARE ALSO WEIRD DARKNESS CREATURES. THEY DON'T HAVE FRIENDS AND JOBS AND FAMILIES. THEY LIKE DC MOVIES. THEY FIND THEM DEEP.

I don't have a side in this war, but I just wanted to tell you how it is, out there, outside of your bedroom.

Don't thank me.

Zod was good. Luthor was annoying as fuck. Doomsday was completely wasted.

When I said he hit the nail on the head I was referring to the post- 9/11 nihilism bit. I honestly don't give a shit about comic book movies either way, DC and Marvel are equally shit.

>somebody who actually gets Superman

A rare sight, especially considering that modern Sup Forums treats him like fucking Goku and doesn't care about what makes him so interesting in the first place.

He's good because he was raised to be good, but is still quite fallible.

>Civil War is fucking great
0/10 bait

okay, sure, I don't know.I couldn't tell I've only seen like 3 capeshit movies in my life.
This was just my report from what happenned when I went outsideof my bedroom and got a glimpse or the real world.

The general population has shit taste in movies. So congrats on being part of that.

I don't watch capeshit. I hardly ever watch movies anyway, I'm just here to shitpost.

Bane spawned the greatest meme Sup Forums has ever seen.

Michael Shannon nailed the fuck out of Zod despite some poor dialogue. He was intimidating and commanding. He made you wonder if the sides were reversed and Zod was human invading Krypton just because he wanted to save the human race at the cost of the Kryptonians, would you still root for him then?

Lex is the most difficult to swallow and I had to watch the Director's Cut to really start to appreciate him and the dichotomy between him and Superman, as they are essential a battle of wills and ideologies, not strength.

Enchantress was rushed.

Doomsday was, admittedly, shit.

>But what I find most interesting about Marvel is that no one actively goes out of their way to rewatch them, even their fans.

You Sir, are talking absolute bollocks. I own all of the MCU on Blu-ray and have watched them all numerous times. I also own both the current DCEU movies and have also watched those multiple times too.

Obadiah Stane, Abomination, Zemo, Red Skull and Armin Zola are all GOAT tier villains.

Ronan, Dark Elf and Loki are 5/10 cackling evil man tier

Ultron and Mickey Rourke are joke tier.

mcu villains are better than dcu villains. remember any dcu villain besides heath ledger's joker?
DING
DING
DING
HONKA-HONKA

SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUT OF HERE

Obadiah was a pretty good villain desu

>wolverine oranges
At least you tried harder than the writers of that movie

>Obadiah Stane
>Abomination
>Armin Zola
>Mickey Rourke
Fucking who?

>projecting this much

For the flaws it has, I think Snyder's Superman really resonates with a lot of these values. You do see him getting imparted with strong ethics from his father, but because Pa doesn't say "HURRR, SON, ya gotta put on tights and be the world's hero!", they think he instead endorses the wholesale murder of children, simply because they are incapable of reading subtext.

Ma Kent's line in the BvS trailer of "This world doesn't owe you a thing" made Sup Forums angry as fuck, but I loved it. The world doesn't owe Superman anything. And yet Superman gives his life for it without hesitation.

Whenever I read a review where a fan or a critic hated the movies because Superman wasn't "a hero", I have to laugh to keep from crying, because that level of misunderstanding requires a whole heap of ignorance.

Out of those, I only liked Red Skull and Winter Soldier

>You, Sir
You have to go back.
>>>/reddit/

>The world doesn't owe Superman anything. And yet Superman gives his life for it without hesitation.
This is just Hack Snyder shoving his biblical themes into the movie, as usual.

>I have to laugh to keep from crying, because that level of misunderstanding requires a whole heap of ignorance.

The moment when John Kent died in the Reeves films was actually dramatic.

>"All those things I can do. All those powers. And I couldn't even save him."

When he dies in Man of Murder it's because Clark is a wilting idiot that doesn't save his own father. That's completely ludicrous and makes the scene horribly written.