Should I check out Gorillaz? I haven't got around to listening to them, and I see wildly varying opinions on this board

Should I check out Gorillaz? I haven't got around to listening to them, and I see wildly varying opinions on this board.

Also favorite Gorillaz tracks thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f_mb0Eqwu9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No unless you're a 13-16 year old.

It's a fictional supergroup idea which has made some nice pop tracks. The debut album is worth checking out, and if you like that, keep going in order.

My general understanding is that the quality drops off, which squares with general performance of all musical pop groups. I see the album Humanz in stores just now, for example, but I have no personal interest in actually listening to it.

Check out Demon Days and Plastic Beach and watch the music videos

To Binge, Empire Ants, Submission

Listen to s/t and plasticbeach and dont bother with the autistic "lore"/concept shit

If you need to ask you should just check them out.
Clint Eastwood
Feel Good Inc
Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head
Hong Kong
Stylo
Momentz

give Demon Days or Plastic Beach a try, just make sure you listen in order especially on Plastic Beach.

I liked Humanz too desu.

dont touch Humanz
everything else is fine

I still really like them.

You should all check this out, it's a very dubby cover of their entire first album. I just found it the other day.

youtu.be/f_mb0Eqwu9o

>tfw at this time just two weeks ago Gorillaz was one of the most disliked and "normie bands" out but now we have someone who's never heard them at all

Rock the House
Kids with Guns
Dirty Harry (minus the dreadful rap segment)
Rhinestone Eyes
Empire Ants
Stylo
Andromeda

Their self titled album has a few interesting tracks, but is mostly a product of it's time and didn't age particularly well.
Demon Days is great.
Plastic Beach is pretty good as well.
Humanz is hot trash.

It's vapid pop for people with no personality which sells entirely on its autistic slightly edgy yet safe aesthetic. Avoid at all costs unless you want to turn into an absolutely shitty human being.

Yes

I personally bought both demon days and platic beach instead of downloading just because I love them that much.

Rock the House, Double Bass, Sound Check, Glitter Freeze (alternate), To Binge,

Legit every song on both albums I like to a certain extent.

I really disliked their second album.
My personal favourite is Demon Days, followed by their debut album and then Plastic Beach (I guess not alot of people besides me like that one)

November has come feat. MF doom

It has a cult following, but yeah it lost a lot of people due to the sort of drastic genre change.

Listen to their Self Titled and G Sides and if you like that listen to Demon Daze, D Sides, and Plastic Beach and stop there

>gorillaz
What is this, 2005?

>I really disliked their second album.
>My personal favourite is Demon Days

hello?

maybe he meant laika come home
which isn't that bad

>tfw I liked the Fall better than the other albums
Idk why they just have a sound I like. Hillbilly Man and Joplin Spider are one of my favorites though.

DD > S/T > GSIDES > DSIDES > PB >>>> HMNZ > TF

>Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head

Best song is 13 minute do ya thang

I'M THE SHIT
I SHIT ON MY SHIT YEAH IM THE SHIT

>t. "CURRENT YEAR is a legitimate argument"

>Mozart
*scoff* what is this the baroque era? Get with the times.

Solid band. Listen to everything but Humanz. It is Alabarns 2nd bad project (first one being The great escape)

>Mozart
>baroque

I think you mean classical, user.

Empire Ants
To Binge
Stop The Dams
Highway
El Manana
Don't Get Lost in Heaven/Demon Days
Starshine
Slow Country

listen to the albums in order

I'll never understand the hate for the Fall
It sounds like a really good ep that wants to be an album

it was made on an ipad

exactly

Still was pretty good though

objectively it was alright but as a gorillaz album it was terrible. like a placeholder for ideas that was roughed out with the only available technology

Listen to their first 2 albums and the accompanying B-side releases. After that, it's whatever. Plastic Beach is different but still fairly good but oh man, does their output drop off afterwards.

They're really not that good.
babbys first hip-hop basically.

Usually around 2/3 good songs on an album and the rest will be shit apart from Demon Days which is gold

gorillaz are not hip hop but good try. they have some good hip hop collabs but s/t is basically blur in gorillaz form