I don't want him to be gone. Since he killed himself I've had his music on repeat ever since...

I don't want him to be gone. Since he killed himself I've had his music on repeat ever since. I'm actually listening to Audioslave right now as I type this.
I'm having a really hard time getting over this. If anything ever happens to Eddie Vedder, I don't know what I'll do.

This one hurt more than the others.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28zopv6175M
youtu.be/42xc0XoRzYY
youtube.com/watch?v=A9UoGBZn7ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know
I only come here for the daily threads

I'm feeling the same way. Before this turns into a shitfest, I just want to say that while I loved his music, and I feel that he was a huge influence on me personally and musically, I don't feel bad that he killed himself.

He was a great artist, but he died in a shitty way that I can't feel bad for. That's the worst part.

The way I think about it, is that if a man who overcame all that he did in his life, particularly the drug usage, and went on to become successful and rich with a family and still was in such a dark state that he actually killed himself, then he was in a place so dark we can't really comprehend.

When someone who had it all and overcame it all still can't find the strength to go on, you know he was in a dark place.
I hope Chris found the peace he was looking for

His lyrics and voice were amongst the best. Seemed really tortured as a person through his work but a really great guy by people that knew him. BMF was the first album I ever bought and I never outgrew Chris Cornell and his projects. I will miss him.

I've been doing the same thing user. I miss him a lot

All aboard the feels train

youtube.com/watch?v=28zopv6175M

Got a little teary eyed seeing this.

He was a genuinely good dude, that's why this hurts as much as it does.
This wasn't some thug rapper or shitty stuck up pop singer. This was a guy who had serious problems and overcame them to have a beautiful family.

Hollywood Forever Cemetary... Why is his wife doing this? I would be surprised if this is what Chris would have wanted

I hear ya. That's why I said it's the hardest part. Usually I don't feel bad for suicides or overdoses. Chris was something else though man.

This song is so fucking related to how I think he felt.

youtu.be/42xc0XoRzYY

This is what I have been playing over and over. His voice was so amazing.

Ok dad

I don't understand giving a shit about strangers dying.

You didn't know the guy. I mean, are you upset you won't get more music or something? Cos that's a pretty minor thing to care about to this extent. If he was still alive you'd not know the difference.

Mike Patton is next

Me and millions and millions of others throughout the world grew up listening to him. He was the soundtrack to our youth. His songs got me through some really tough times and he will always be a part of my life.
Knowing that he's gone leaves a hole and it sucks knowing that he'll never make songs again

But his music has sucked for years.

I love good Bowie, I don't pretend his death is something that affects me on a personal level. I'm not missing out on the next Station to Station. It's "sad" but there's nothing personally impacting about someone you don't know dying.

>opinion

Thanks for sharing. Just let us have this one.

Have you ever looked into the cause of your lack of empathy?

>I don't understand giving a shit about strangers dying.
and yet here you are posting in a thread about giving a shit about "strangers" dying

Empathy for whom?

If you knew the guy or were family with him I'm theoretically sympathetic for your loss

Fans pretending they know or have ownership over a guy? It's an absurd conceit.

Empathy for people who have formed emotional connections to artists who have created an impact in their life passing away. You've used "pretend" twice, quit framing it that way and look at the alternative that it's not pretending and simply emotional response to music becoming tied to the creator(s) of that music.

If he has just never released another album you wouldn't be talking about this emotional response.

That's all that's changed for you. It's no different from if he retired.

is this bait? this is the most retarded thing i've ever read. if only you fucking died instead of chris cornell.

I literally brought up the fact that it's not some strange concept for the connection to move from the music itself to the people who made that music. The attachment lies just as much with those people as it does the music.
It's not the fact that they won't be able to make music anymore, it's that the person who created something you love is actually gone from this life forever.

People deal with things differently. When Bowie died, there were a lot of upset people. When Lemmy died, same thing. This is not a new concept. Just because we didn't know him personally does not mean that he did not impact our lives.

When I struggled with addiction, his music was something that helped me with that. As a person, a musician, and a music fan, I feel that I am allowed to be sad about this.

And if it wasn't reportedly you wouldn't even know.

Nothing in your life has changed.

Sorry I'm not eager to pretend to be upset over the death of a complete stranger.

You're sure eager to be a dick about it.

He was a real prolific songwriter. He had some recurring themes in his lyrics but always seemed to approach them differently every song. That takes passion and skill. One of the all time greats imo

>"pretend"
There you go again. I think it's pretty clear you're 13-19 years old and caught in some form of edgy phase so I'm just not even gonna indulge you anymore. Hope it's just an edgy phase and not a legitimate personality disorder though. Have a good night.

I'm far closer to the age of the typical soundgarden fan than 18-19. Sadly.

I've had many musicians who've made albums I like die. It doesn't affect me on a personal level. Not least because almost universally their best work is behind them anyway.

I've been listening to nothing but his various musical projects since I heard the news. I genuinely loved everything he ever did (ok I make an exception for Scream) and I've never been one to get upset over a musician/celebrities death before but this is different. I love STP as well and Scott Weiland's death had nowhere near the effect Cornell's has had on me.

I'm just glad I was too young to be affected by the deaths of Cobain and Staley. I can't believe how hard this must be for those who were around for all three. Who would have thought we would lose another?

And of course I feel the worst for his family and those he was close to.

King Animal was surprisingly solid m8. I actually haven't heard his last solo album but I really love Euphoria Morning and his 2007 album Carry On was alright.

stop being a bunch of faggots, ya faggots

Me either, May 2017 was a really bad month

>I'm actually listening to Audioslave right now

@72997124
Nice blog, kid. Sort yourself out.

Your blatant inability to relate to people ITT feeling shitty after they clearly explain why is what makes you apathetic and probably a douche irl.

>makes you apathetic and probably a douche irl

This is the internet though.

>people who have formed emotional connections to artists
Fucking retards.

Bump

>voluntarily listening to Audioslave

lmfao, this proves that Sup Forums is full of hipster faggots that only care about the image associated with listening to music.

Audioslave, for YEARS, were laughing stocks on Sup Forums. But then Cornell kills himself, and suddenly he's "cool" and "trendy" again.

Capitalism was a mistake.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

*sniffs*

HAHAHAHAHA

>tfw you bantz a man into relapsing

*sniff *sniff

though I kinda felt this way
I can't help but think of this as well. The fact is we don't know what was going on with him. It sucks, and it was a shitty thing to do and leave his family behind, but who knows what was going on/was in his past, his health etc.

This thread taught me that everyone who's sad about musicians dying is pretending.

emotional utilitarianism was a mistake

I feel you bro, but his creativity was almost over and his voice was fading. I think he was aware of that.

I would argue that if you're this bent out of shape over the death of somebody you never had a two way connection with then you need some more meaning in your life. People die, that's just how it is. I enjoyed Chris Cornell's music as much as the next guy, but grieving over his death as though he was a personal friend is a bit much. It's a very sad thing what he did to wife and kids, yes, but your life isn't any different because of it. Maybe the future holds one or two less mediocre Soundgarden albums but you weren't entitled to those anyway.

Move on.

There is nothing wrong with Audioslave. I like them more than Soundgarden

Musician deaths always bring out the screechy literal autists.

I saw all of the big grunge/Seattle scene bands in their prime.
It's depressing.
The musicmakers of my teen years are all dead.

When you say in their prime you mean the 90's? What was that like, was it as awesome and wild as it seems?

Between like 1988 and probably 1995.
A lot of cheap drugs. Honestly surprised I don't have AIDS. It was fun though. For all the shit you see on TV and in print now about everyone being depressed, it wasn't that bad. Most folks just needed an escape and the genre as a whole was pretty cathartic.

why
why did you have to show me this.
I didn't ask for these feels

yeah nah
I never felt anything about musicians dying before but for some reason this one hit me hard

his new solo stuff was good and the acoustic tours were greatest shit in years

want some more feels?
youtube.com/watch?v=A9UoGBZn7ho

Bump

Why the fuck would you bump this lmao

Can't let this thread die too