Albums that sounds exactly how the cover looks

Albums that sounds exactly how the cover looks

isn't there a psychological thing were your mind automatically associates music and images? Don't remember the name of it, but it essentially makes these threads retarded

artists have the music in mind when they commission/create the art. like Loveless is ethereal guitar music and the picture is an ethereal image of a guitar.

Synesthesia?

Unless you can empathise with the artist and understand how his or hers music inspires the artwork they picked or made. Its not as simple as you try to make it and as im trying not to make it.

holy hell this one is very true

>but it essentially makes these threads retarded
Not really. Just because, say, the album cover of The Beatles (White Album) is just a white cover doesn't mean it really represents the pieces inside it that well. There's a lot of cases where there's a mismatch.
For another example, take Nirvana's Nevermind. The symbolism is on point and the cover's iconic, but when I listen to "Smells Like Teen Spirit", I don't visualize being a pool watching a baby.

Yeah, it actually is a thing. For some stupid reason I always associate the G and A Key on a piano with the color red. F is green, H is orange, C is yellow, and I don't really think of any colors with the rest.

I don't think you have synesthesia though, it's just a wild imagination. People with this interesting condition have much stronger bond between senses. For example actually seeing certain letters or numbers in certain colour, no matter what colour they actually are.

i do that too it's not synesthesia. almost no one has it. most people who "have it" don't actually have it but just associate certain things with colors for other reasons.

I disagree, before I listened to it (years ago) I was expecting some fleet foxes type indie rock folk from the cover.

Thought this would be here fags.......

are you dense? this album has a lot of vivid noises, it's not a dark ambient

Forgot the pic you fags made me so mad!

nigga you could have picked any of the next four slayer albums and it would have been more accurate

But I liked this one:(

he's describing synesthesia, just a lesser version of it. it's not extreme for most people who have it.

see
if i play him a chord though and he hears colors it's synesthesia. but he specifically only had it with certain notes and specifically the piano.

amateurish?

>I don't visualize being a pool watching a baby.

dat underwater guitar in Come As You Are tho

the chorus effects do give it and a watery vibe. at least i've always seen it that way

HOT TAKE ALERT EVERYBODY ON THE FLOOR THIS IS NOT A DRILL I REPEAT WE HAVE A SCALDING HOT TAKE ON OUR HANDS

shit, it isn't?
i've never listened to it, but for years that's what i've been imagining

This. it's a pretty rare condition and goes with everything related to whatever they have synesthesia with.

When I taught music theory/aural training I'd tell people to start associating notes with shape/colour so that when they hear something it's more of an instant connection. I'd also tell them to sit with their instrument and sing notes as they get played so there's a physical connection.

If it was actual synesthesia then it wouldn't be "learned" but would be automatic and something they think is completely normal for everyone else.

Ah, my father's favorite album

You're right it does sound like shit

reddit: the thread

Didn't wanna make a thread for this and there didn't seem to be an appropriate one to post in but does anyone have that four panel comic of like a bear and a bird talking, and the bird asks what he's done wrong with women, and the fourth pushrod shows him asking his date "do you like Swans?"

Nevermind, found it

That one tame impala book.

Each one of his mixtape's cover fits perfectly with the music. And they also tell a story in relation to each other.
>10 Day
Confused high school kid with a lot of imagination just trying to kick ideas out.
>Acid Rap
Perturbed young adult male unsure of his position in the world and how to proceed in life.
>Coloring Book
The celebratory album that cements his position in hip hop and in life with his new found Christian faith with all the big name features and religious allusion.

It's almost like he planned it out.

It's much fuzzier and less 'pretty'/ traditional. Noisy/ shoegazey in parts. Dark themes. Off key vocals, etc. Phil's a favourite of mine now days but it surprised me at first. I love how everything works as an album and with his other albums since he repeats motifs.

lol shut up

hell yeah to these

Hm7 is my favourite chord.

That's not how it works. Synesthesia involves a connection between sense. You don't "associate" the sounds with colours, the sound actually makes you see a colour. It appears in your vision. Some people with it smell things when they hear music as well. Some people taste. Hearing a song and thinking "hey, this kinda makes me think of the colour orange" isn't synesthesia.

Definitely. It's even more true about Ys.

H key? I need to get me one of your pianos.

>H key
This nigga is real far in the future

yup

Lol some one actually listened to this

been waiting since I was in high school so might as well. could've been longer tho

nice dubs
kek'd

I never see this mentioned here.

i've seen it here a few times before, it's a really good album (to reconsider life to)