Akira

could it be done as live action?

only with Idris Elba as the main protagonist

It could be done as stop-motion

It would be the greatest shit ever

NOLAN

I feel like the best part about Akira was the animation.

They took a 6 volume manga that was released over the course of 8 years and condensed it into a single movie. The story suffered because of it. If you took away the fantastic animation, it wouldn't have been much of a movie- unless they decided to do a live action movie series instead of a single film.

I'd like to see a black woman in the role

>2020 Tokyo Olympics

The movie came out before even 3 volumes of the manga was finished.

Scarlett Johansson should play Tetsuo

>could it be done as live action?

I've always believed if you followed the source manga you could make an amazing HBO series out of Akira.

Let's say produced my Nolan or someone great. It could be a huge hit.

>implying they couldn't do better with todays cgi

>entry level weebshit
>HBO
>Nolan
Plebs would love it.

>akira
>entry level

I don't understand why anyone especially "anime fans" would want anime as live action movie, just accept the movie for what it is and If you don't like either just fuck off and listen to audiobooks

>yfw your very first fap was to the mutation scene

I had a strange childhood.

>akira
>not entry level
Am I getting reverse meme'd here? Or are you the guy who unironically believes that HBO and Nolan are quality names in the film industry, if anything I would want someone like Panahi or Kiarostami have a take at it, or some other arthouse directors.

>Posting the color version

Fucking color version stinks. And I don't like it.

Sure it could, but it would loose something vital.

Akira is too large in scale for practical effects and too visceral for CGI. In animation everything works in the same world; if the screen shows a guy getting torn in half, that guy is effectively being torn in half. If you can accept animation as real for the purpose of the story you have to accept everything on screen is "real" within the story.
This is a big factor in what makes Akira so memorable. It's a world that can suck you without letting go. There are no green screens or make-up to hide behind. What you are seeing on screen IS Neo-Tokyo in all it's putrescent glory.

A live action version could be good but it would loose that physicality that was tied to the original experience.

nolan wont make akira. It will be something with the same concept and scenes that resemble akira, but will have a complete different name

That makes it worse.