Remember when Man of Steel was the "rocky start" to the DCU and everyone thought they would learn from it and make...

Remember when Man of Steel was the "rocky start" to the DCU and everyone thought they would learn from it and make better movies?

In retrospect, Man of Steel is fucking Citizen Kane compared to the last 2 abortions. The villain has actual motivation, complexity and most importantly; serves as a foil for the hero.

General Zod actually makes sense. He's not trying to destroy the world because he's generically evil. He's trying to save his (and Superman's) race by converting earth into a new Krypton. This is a perfect conflict to introduce superman to his role protecting mankind, because he has to chose humanity over his own people. This writing is so good, I refuse to believe that Zack Snyder had anything to do with it.

Zod was such a shitty character

protip to DC: never have the main villian of your movie get their ass kicked by the father of the main character of the movie in the first 15 minutes. It makes your villain look like a weak retarded faggot.

Coming from someone who thought BvS was shit, Zod was amazing. I love Michael Shannon, so maybe I'm biased, but MoS wasn't as bad as people said. The fight scenes were a lot better than anything in BvS and the soundtrack was better too.

It had its problems, like Superman participating in mass destruction of Metropolis, and the retarded "stop my invincible son" scene, that weighed the movie down, but it's definitely the closest DC has come to a quality movie.

>He's trying to save his (and Superman's) race by converting earth into a new Krypton.

>taking a planet where every kryptonian will be a literal god and removing the aspects of earth that allow for that

yes, this makes perfect sense

When did he remove the yellow sun?

>This writing is so good, I refuse to believe that Zack Snyder had anything to do with it.
Snyder did what he did best. Take someone else's great idea, remove any nuance, throw in some heavy handed visual motifs, and add unnecessary CGI and explosions for good measure.

>Michael Shannon as Zod
>Zach Snyder at the helm
Monkey's paws shouldn't exist.

MoS fucks up, a lot, and establishes the kryptonian environment/air will remove kyptonian super powers.

I'm not saying his motivation was perfectly reasoned, but he had one. In BvS and Suicide Squad the villain's entire motivation was that they're evil.

You know nothing about anything

I came away from MoS thinking not bad but could have been so much better. The storyline was well realised but hampered by bad pacing. Zod was great however.

BvS was just like, what the fuck were they thinking? The execution of that movie was just wrong at every step. Jesse Eisenberg was absolute fail casting as Lex and the introduction of Wonder Woman at this stage was pointless and forced. The cinematic cut was a mess and the Ultimate Cut, whilst fixing some key issues with the plot, just bloated the movie beyond redemption.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet.

Man of Steel was good, leave it to rabid DC fans to demand an EXACT comic book adaption

Quite honestly what killed MoS was the previous Superman films. For most people, Superman is boring because he is always portrayed as invincible

>doesn't understand how pottery works

delete your life

>. For most people, Superman is boring because he is always portrayed as invincible

Might help if you're going to criticize the movies before man of Steel you should actually watch them instead of talking out of your ass.

That costume design just gave me a brain aneurism.

I did see the previous movies, Reeve's were shit, Routh was also shit. The only good superman of the past was Smallville

>For most people, Superman is boring because he is always portrayed as invincible
>he is always portrayed as invincible
That's objectively not true though.

It's reflective of what Kryptonians wore in early Superman stories and costumes of adventurers in classic science fiction comics from the same era.

Fucking mong.

Humans suck anyway user.

MoS wiki clearly said that most power Kryptonins have is from fucking Sun not earth gravity god damn you mongoloids

>we need a villain for our Superman movie, what should the villain be?
>I know! Let's have a guy with the same powers!

Boring as fuck. This "villain has the same powers" meme needs to stop.

Except MoS wasn't the start of the DCU, it was just gonna be Superman. They decided to make it into a universe later.

>zod
>villain

pleb detected

Some day in the future, someone will be saying the exact same thing as OP about BvS. Snyder is truly the kinographer of our times

>MoS Wiki

anyway,

yes, once the 12-14 year old autistic children who were impressed by BvS are old enough to post on Sup Forums, they'll be talking about how it was snyder's best movie.

that bullshit anyways it still makes sense.
Zod was genetically engineered to protect Krypton at all costs he does not care about being godlike creature and worshiped by humans. his soul purpose it to protect Krypton and save his people at all cost, he does nto want to co exist with humans and suffer to adapt their environment

I disagree concerning Eisenzuck as Lex. It makes perfect sense from the perspective that this DCEU is not an adaptation of the comic universe, but its own iteration. And in 2016 it makes way more sense for the head of a tech megacorporation to be a Zuckerberg-esque autistic sperg (which is why specifically Eisenberg works on a meta level for casting bc of the Social Network association) than a calm calculating middle aged business man. Plus I just thought he did really well being a Zuck on spergy steroids.

You simply can't have a functioning society if the citizens are literal gods, it would be impossible to enforce any law or maintain any kind of infrastructure. But of course you plebs can't be expected to think on your own.

I still wish Man of Steel was like 75% shit going on with Krypton and the last part was just setting up Superman getting to earth and summarizing him establishing himself there.

That first little part of Man of Steel was the most memorable and enjoyable to me. Everything else is a slow, plodding shitshow that ended in a boring overuse of CGI battle royale straight out of Dragonball Z.

That already happened a few months ago

>zod is genetically engineered to protect krypton
>all kryptonians on earth would be completely invulnerable
>this means he isn't protecting krypton or kryptonians

... yes, this, makes... perfect... sense...

Nah dog, that was just the marketing cycle. Won't get actual fans for a few years. As they're still playing minecraft and getting molested by their uncles and fathers.

>literal gods
>need infrastructure
>need laws

... I... I don't think you quite understand how all of society is built around the fact people are weak and in need of protection. Literal gods would not need anything society provides.

they could remain invulnerable after teraforming so whats your point?

Anyone notice notice man of steel is basically avatar remade but with humans as the na'vi?

Superman was weakened by the worldengine's terraforming effects, so, no, they would not retain their invulnerability