Help me f**k my slum landlord over

Ok, so heres the scene. I am student in the Uk capital renting from a group of how shall we say, less than scrupulous landlords. The property has had mice in it, foxes living in an un-used room downstairs for months, excessive rents, and generally not maintained to a high order.

Now comes the killer, he has moved in so many people that the house cannot cope with the facilities provided. I have confronted him to see if he has a HMO license (house of multiple occupation) and he then verbally threatened my safety and said he was going to evict me illegally. I am obviously not going to take that lying down.

So I have been building a case of all the things he and his agents have been doing illegally for example, no 24 hours notice before they want to come into the property, trying to access housemates locked rooms when they are not in them, NO FIRE ALARMS (corporate manslaughter if we die from fire), blocked fire escape and of course the fact that 7 people are living in the property (5 on tenancies).

I have debating if it is morally correct to go through with the action, if I am just justifying my own righteous indignation. Iraq and WMD style, check yourself before you get rekt. Because we are entiled to a rent repayment order for the last 12 months rent if he is convicted.

So many landlords have there tenants over a barrel and the price of rental in London is insane because of these buy-to-let investors who just want to sqeeze as much money as they can out of poor hard working people that have choice but to accept sub-standard conditions.

So after he threatened me today, I made a snap decision and called the council and reported him for not having a HMO licence. I felt more confident in doing this because I have secured my new accommodation.

Now I know he it going to come round next week and kick off, as soon as he finds out he has been reported. All the other housemates are on-side.

SHOULD I LIVE STREAM THE CONFRONTATION

Other urls found in this thread:

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Time for re-appropriation of stolen surplus value comrade.

Contact others affected and together go to a lawyer

just contact your local furries they will take care of the foxes

Are you on a lease or do you pay cash?

Talk to lawyer before you chimp

Sorry, Sup Forums loves slum lords. (pic related)

Bump for fuck student landlords.
Sometimes it's the landlords, sometimes it's the lettings agencies. All I know is that the Lettings Ombudsman are close to fucking useless, and the landlords bank on the fact that the rules and regs are so convoluted that they can screw over any student who doesn't have family in the legal profession.
Source: rented five separate properties over as many years in Brighton area. None anywhere near as bad as your place but between those five places I had blocked pipes for weeks, no heating for weeks in late November, rodents running through the living room, burst pipes, electrical problems. And they charge a shedload, and they routinely rinse your damage deposit.
Damp and mould on walls/ceilings/furniture is endemic in those shitty old factory houses.
Honestly, lack of fire escapes and renting a five bed to seven sounds like the killer, should be able to fuck them hard for that, if you know what you're doing.

I don't know exactly about British laws, but here we have something called a rent committee.

They are a lawful committee that you can go to if you suspect you pay too much rent. They inspect your house, there's set rules about the amount of rent you pay, and if you pay too much, he has to lower the price and is forced by law to pay you everything you paid too much back.

It won't improve your relationship with your landlord, but if he's an asshole, you have nothing to lose. Also you have a LOT of rights as a renter. He can't evict you legally, if he tries to, call the police, because he is trespassing. You are legally right.

I had a similar problem when there was asbestos leaking from my 12 square meter room's roof and the landlord refused to do anything about it.

Sadly there's a lot of landlords like this. It's the only reason why I'm not against squatting. Landlords deserve it.

Personally, id have with-held rent/tax, made the case, and filled the papers myself(literally pennies at the court) if i wanted the legal route.

Or take a sledgehammer to the load bearing walls if i wanted to go the other route, or used it on their kneecaps.

how many toilets do you have? that's pretty much the only requirement for hmo landlords. if you don't like where you live, move.

t. landlord

Keep dreaming you cuck.

Withhold rent then steal copper pipes, boiler and wiring.

just christ just fucking move you drama queen

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/70 Tenancy Landlords act

oi ya pikey cunt

Paddy, still salty about not being able to grow potatoes? How is life under the great old boot of the Empire?

tiocfaidh ar la? Will it fuck XD!!!

rek that bitch
get a lawyer and destroy him
confronting him doesnt make sense

Bump

10 Fitness for human habitation.

In determining for the purposes of this Act whether a house is unfit for human habitation, regard shall be had to its condition in respect of the following matters—

repair,

stability,

freedom from damp,

internal arrangement,

natural lighting,

ventilation,

water supply,

drainage and sanitary conveniences,

facilities for preparation and cooking of food and for the disposal of waste water;

and the house shall be regarded as unfit for human habitation if, and only if, it is so far defective in one or more of those matters that it is not reasonably suitable for occupation in that condition.

>1 post by this ID

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good luck senpai.

Do these landlords have any distinguishing characteristics that we should know about?

>The property has had mice in it, foxes living in an un-used room downstairs for months
foxes are cute and badass. adopt one.

Many thanks for the sterling advice. I have withheld rent for the last 2 months as soon as I noticed something was not right. As he moved 3 people into 1 room with a house that already had 4 people living in it. I know he is breaking the regulations of size, space, facilities, numbers of people etc etc

Ok so basically a confrontation is unavoidable at this juncture. He has been reported to the local council so they will prosecute on our behalf (the housemates). I have kept a data log of all relevant info to hand into them. He does not know that he has been reported yet, when he finds out a shit storm is coming my way if I like it or not. As they will investigate his other properties and give him a black mark against his name so he will not able to even get a licence in the future. He is going to be very pissed. I will record the evidence regardless. If he tries to assault me I will call the police instantly.The second question here is do you guys want to see it happen? Live

are you on a lease or do you pay cash?

I ask because I own a few properties and my tenants all pay cash. I tell my tenants if they miss rent for one month they will find all their shit in a rubbish tip and the door locked

He's a paki isn't he OP

Kill him.

underrated

They are obviously both pakis. All OP gives a flying fuck about is getting his rent back.

Any white person would have just call the fire marshal and had the building closed down. Or you know, not lived waist deep in dead animals and shit....

It's almost like OP is from India...

>moved to Sup Forums

Now we can't have flag banter.

pakis should be banned from renting buildings in UK, most literal scum when it comes to renting. They just expect free money, they never ever do anything in their properties, just fucking leave them and collect cash all the time. I fucking hate them.

>the price of rental in London is insane

Funny, Mohammed and his 4 wives seem to be able to afford to live in a nice place in London, what's your problem?

And running businesses. They are todays Jew's

Speak to the local council, if everything you saying is true, hes fucked, they will take him to court on your behalf

I think worse, because jews actually maintain their properties, but pakis in UK don't care at all since most of them got those houses in 70-80's for free.

Odds are the landlord is an illegal immigrant running a housing scam and is completely untouchable because he will just disappear and come back with a new name. OP made a mistake going to the council because the second he gets served notice he will just go to ground.

Or the property is in his brothers name who just happens to be living in Pakistan and can't be reached. You only have yourselves to blame.